It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an atheist but....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Let me say something

If heaven or hell did exist I would definitely choose hell to send my "eternal life" in

I mean I'd probably be spending eternity with the likes of Carl Sagan, Charles Darwin, George Carlin, John Lennon and many more!

Plus I think that Jesus was an undercover agent sent to earth by the Pleiadeans to make us believe that Satan is the bad guy.

Think about it Satan encourages YOU to make the most out of your time in this wold.

I feel sorry for Satan though..poor guy just wanted his freedom and God sent him straight to hell. T_T

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
yeah, i dont care that your an athiest, but, satan didnt want freedom. maybe you should look into it more and then make a decision. and then post something on your belief.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You are not an atheist.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by strato
You are not an atheist.

You nailed it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
OH, OH, You are asking for it!! When you come in with a thread like this..I hope you are ready for the bullets. Can you dodge them? I am going to watch and see how well you handle this.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You are not an atheist.

Pretty positive I am, perhaps you should lean to read?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Let me say something

If heaven or hell did exist I would definitely choose hell to send my "eternal life" in

Think about this, aren't we already in hell as described by the "holy texts"?

Plus I think that Jesus was an undercover agent sent to earth by the Pleiadeans to make us believe that Satan is the bad guy.

I don't think so, if you think about it thoroughly it is indeed Satan that have sent Jesus here to make us believe that we are to worship him in order to go to heaven.

Think about it Satan encourages YOU to make the most out of your time in this wold.

Of course he would because IT is his world that we are living in, he wants us to stay here forever and he wants to lead us astray, he doesn't want you to find the truth. He is not the devil that wishes the destruction of us instead he can be regarded as a very smart psychologist capable of devising a plan to make us suffer here forever. He created love and sex which in turn creates pain and suffering, isn't it a perfect plan to make torment us forever? The thing that we desire so much and that we know would only end in pain and suffering.

When you love someone there can be only two possibilities:
1) Your love dies for that person or
2) The person you love dies.

Both ends in pain and suffering.

I feel sorry for Satan though..poor guy just wanted his freedom and God sent him straight to hell. T_T

He is not sent to Hell, he created it himself. He is Jealous of Lucifer - the light bearer, he declared a war against The True God, and he was defeated. After that we can say he created the earth as we know it, therefore the religions of today worships him, Satan himself. That's why "we" hate those organized religions so much, they are blinded by the Illusions of YHWH or Jehovah or whatever you want to call him.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
what do you think, hell is a nice cozy place with a warm fire and a couple of lounge chairs.

the only thing you'll be saying to anybody else is, while you gasp and suffocate for an inch of air in a thick haze of sulphur fumes and your body is being endlessly burned for all of eternity is, please kill me.

but atheist don't believe in that, therefore it doesn't exist. in their heads that makes sense.

you see, atheist's have some special ability that no humans possess. example, if an atheist has never been or heard of denmark and because they never heard of it, they will decide to believe that denmark is not real, it automatically vanishes from the map and ceases to exist. even though millions of people have been there and try to correct them that denmark is still in existence, they believe because they don't believe in it, that everyone else is wrong. and on top of that will claim that there was never such a place called denmark.

it's a remarkable ability. they can literally wipe out physical places with a mere thought.

the same thing with God, billions of people around the world believe in God and connect with Him in some way and realize His existence. some have been blessed and actually seen physical signs of God and His angels.

some have completely turned their life around and became prophets of God. St. Joan of arc, a 16 year old girl, was given command of a ragtag and demoralized army and lead it to crushing victory's against an overwhelming british force who were looking to conquer and enslave france. this is fact.

but atheists refuse to take the word of a billion people and thousands of years of recent human history that proves otherwise.

edit on 18-2-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You are not an atheist.

Pretty positive I am, perhaps you should lean to read?

He did read. I did too. I agree with him.
Perhaps you should re-read what you wrote.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
An atheist knows there is no God (which implies knowledge greater than most people have).

An agnostic doesn't know if there is a God (and by implication, doesn't believe they will ever get proof).

I think most people who describe themselves as atheists are really agnostic.

I personally have difficulty in ascribing to either view, in the light of the universe that I observe around me.
edit on 18/2/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The one thing i can tell you is, there is alot more that we do not know than we do know.
That said i believe we are all completely stupid and just cannot comprehend the whole scope of things.
Sometimes ignorance is truly bliss.
We'll find out someday.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

You mean the "fine tuned" universe that is just a seething cauldron of ways that can kill you?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Did you happen to read the second sentence? I have a hard time believing you did.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Did you happen to read the second sentence? I have a hard time believing you did.

I did.
I have a hard time believing you're an atheist.
Carry on, then.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
I think most people who describe themselves as atheists are really agnostic.

I am both.

Theism/atheism deals with what you believe.
Gnosticism/agnosticism deals with what you know.

I am an agnostic atheist.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Are you going to point out to me why you believe I am not an atheist? Because I'm pretty sure I am one.

I made it clear in the second sentence when I wrote "If heaven or hell did exist" because I don't believe either of those places exist.

link   
reply to post by muse7

Yup, a "seething cauldron" is so much less likely than a dead & static continuity. We have variance where there should be none.

As Hoyle said, "Would you not say to yourself, "Some super-calculating intellect must have designed the properties of the carbon atom, otherwise the chance of my finding such an atom through the blind forces of nature would be utterly minuscule." Of course you would . . . A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question.".

link   

Sir, I'm sorry to say this but I think you are confused here. There are many of your ilk here that only sees the world in black and white i.e. there can only be two possibilities, they reject the 3rd and 4th and other possibilities.

Here's a hint Gnosticism doesn't deal with what you know, it is far more than that. It is a common misconception to think that you can be an agnostic and an atheist at the same time. Anyways you can call yourself whatever you want, just don't expect people to understand you.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I sit corrected, your point is valid & i've starred it for you.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

And as the late Carl Sagan said "You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join