It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Secret Waterfall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I found this and thought it would interest some "fragile earth" followers. This is a waterfall located in Peru, and apparently wasnt discovered until 2006. Absolutely breathtaking (imo). Nothing more I say can add to the beauty of cataracts such as these. Please click link to see photos.

A Secret Waterfall
www.slate.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
nice,

If anyone is ever in Central Cali around runoff time for the sierra nevada, april-june, depending on the snowfall and later rains, take a drive up the san joaquin river canyon, one of the deepest in the world at nearly 10,000' deep from top to bottom, on the sierra scenic byway(Mammoth Pool Rd), and see some of the most spectacular water falls ever.
When then snow is melting and the usually small creeks are running at full bore there are several no name water falls that are just amazing, dropping thousands of feet down the canyon wall to the river below.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks10
nice,

If anyone is ever in Central Cali around runoff time for the sierra nevada, april-june, depending on the snowfall and later rains, take a drive up the san joaquin river canyon, one of the deepest in the world at nearly 10,000' deep from top to bottom, on the sierra scenic byway(Mammoth Pool Rd), and see some of the most spectacular water falls ever.
When then snow is melting and the usually small creeks are running at full bore there are several no name water falls that are just amazing, dropping thousands of feet down the canyon wall to the river below.

Wow, 10000 feet? Thats incredible! Must indeed be gorgeous. Thankyou for the kind recomendation and replying to my thread. g.a.g.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Just beautiful.
This wasn't discovered until 2006? Wow.
Makes my mind wander and think about other things that we have yet to discover on our home planet.

Thank you for posting.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
That's really reallly beautiful and everything, buuuuut... if it wasn't discovered till 2006, how are there buildings built in front of it, as in one of the pics?? Is it a village full of blind people? (seriously, not trying to be disrespectful or anything, just wondering)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Weeeden
That's really reallly beautiful and everything, buuuuut... if it wasn't discovered till 2006, how are there buildings built in front of it, as in one of the pics?? Is it a village full of blind people? (seriously, not trying to be disrespectful or anything, just wondering)

Weeeden, I am sorry you are correct. I was in a hurry to share this, before I reviewed "everything".

top topics

join