It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge. Can you present a way to build Earth craft approx. 2 to 5 miles long.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
A biological approach would be good. Build a giant jellyfish.

Like moya from that old sci fi show. But how do we get the jelly to lift???
Thanks good Idea I sometimes consider plasma creature travel..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Why would you need a craft that big? A Nimitz class Aircraft Carrier is about 1100 ft. long, not even 1/4 of a mile long, and yet it houses enough air power to take over a small nation.

Consider equipment... Like built in farms-built in water supply (mini lake ect.) city or 2 per craft. Space protection from incomming objects. Reactors-for energy to build field energy sources for plasma generation. If you think about it if you really wanna travel and have scout/observation/protection craft you need size. Hence the use of the builders to construct it in short time with quality final product being self sustained space craft.
Thanks
edit on 2/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
reply to post by Gazrok

I had assumed he meant a craft for space travel when he said 2 to 5 miles long, but I suppose it wasn't really made clear.

Space travel yes.... FIXED IT

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Thanks so far for all the post. I always wondered why earth size is so limited in the craft produced so I presented this thread to see if any others had any good ideas that you never know someone may see on here and try to make a reality. Again thanks and I liked the jellyfish idea, classic.

Be well

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Maybe building such a craft wouldn't be so difficult. Maybe it has already been/is being done.

Building the craft a bit at a time and then blasting it into space for assembly. Who knows what is really going up on the 'classified' military launches?

Also, I think I read somewhere, maybe it was from ,,, John Lear, that massive constructions have been undertaken already. The writer talked about flying over the massive object on the ground, before it was sent aloft. I wish I remember exactly where I read that so I could post it here, but I am sure that Zorgon or others who have been here quite a while will know exactly what I am talking about.
edit on 18-2-2011 by esteay812 because: had to apply tin foil hat

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
We have the tech to build such a large craft. It would not be anything other than a lighter-than-air type vehicle. And there is no reason we would have something that big and that slow anyway.

That being said, I don't for a minute give serious consideration to those that say they saw a craft that was "miles' wide or what not. It is just plain stupid. Think about it. You have the ability to make a craft that can defy gravity and bend the laws of physics to visit here, why bother with the additional risk of allowing such a large craft to enter the atmosphere. if you have the tech to build such a craft (and not a lighter-than-air craft) then your smart enough to send smaller probes or drones to do your "dirty work". No need to fly your city sized craft around so some hillbilly can run to the internet and cry about what he "saw".

This subject needs more common sense.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
instead of building it on earth, and having materials brought to your spidey-builders why not send the little buggers out into space, find a nice, just the right size asteroid and have them carve your ship out for you.
of course your going to need anti-gravity to move it. Tesla and orgone shields for protection too.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
15 of the richest countries each built 536.4m of the craft. Put it together and you have a 5 mile craft. Politics wouldnt let this happen but it seemed like the fastest way.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Reminds me of the old JL threads where we discussed the duration of time it took to get our missions to the ISS, there would be great lags where we think supplies were being first delivered for such an undertaking.

Think about how many people are on the planet right now, then think about how many of those people you will never know, meet. Now think about those who you will never even know exist and realize that we are not them or we would already know it.

This technology exists for some but not for others, if we could come up with new and innovative ideas on spacecraft, they will simply steal the idea... and they don't deserve it. Let them build it on political ingenuity.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think the curvature of the earth itself would cause a problem building a craft that big. Ever notice how things in the distance seem to disapear. Well thats the curvature of the earth. Even things like levels would not read the same at that distance from one end to the other. Lazer sighting to keep things straight would work but it would have to be some industrial lasers that you don't see very often. Space would be the only way to go on building such a structure. Send up pieces and connect them together over time until the craft takes shape. But even in space a craft would be better as a large ball like the death star instead of a 5 mile long building. Look at the Pentagon it was built that way so you didn't spend all day traveling from one end to the other.
edit on 18-2-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
#e,

grab a sizable comet or asteroid, preferably one already headed to your target and build/hollow to suit.

ad friggin exsosolar engines and go for it!

been there done that.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

ding ding ding!!

we have a winner!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Gazrok
Why would you need a craft that big? A Nimitz class Aircraft Carrier is about 1100 ft. long, not even 1/4 of a mile long, and yet it houses enough air power to take over a small nation.

Consider equipment... Like built in farms-built in water supply (mini lake ect.) city or 2 per craft. Space protection from incomming objects. Reactors-for energy to build field energy sources for plasma generation. If you think about it if you really wanna travel and have scout/observation/protection craft you need size. Hence the use of the builders to construct it in short time with quality final product being self sustained space craft.
Thanks

get it big enough and you can have whole ecosystems. self sustaining even.

aeronautics really don't come into play in space.

big spinning tube like rama is ideal.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
instead of building it on earth, and having materials brought to your spidey-builders why not send the little buggers out into space, find a nice, just the right size asteroid and have them carve your ship out for you.
of course your going to need anti-gravity to move it. Tesla and orgone shields for protection too.

A hollowed out asteroid would be pretty good natural shielding

Might be this one

edit on 18-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

ahhhh, iapetus,

lovely, reminds me of home and death star.

i got some good pics but dealing with old timers, i can't figure how to post.

i know it's not pc to joke about similar sounding afflictions.

but hell ya!!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
It would not be anything other than a lighter-than-air type vehicle.
And there is no reason we would have something that big and that slow anyway.

What makes you think it would be nothing more than a lighter than air vehicle? It would need to travel in space, where atmosphere, once there, is not a large issue, if an issue at all.

Also, why do you believe that an interstellar spaceship would be slow? Are you talking about a blimp? A blimp is far far from an interstellar space craft, which is what is being asked about in the OP, unless I am mis-reading horribly. If I am, I apologize in advance for questioning what your line of thinking is on this.

I don't for a minute give serious consideration to those that say they saw a craft that was "miles' wide or what not. It is just plain stupid. Think about it. You have the ability to make a craft that can defy gravity and bend the laws of physics to visit here, why bother with the additional risk of allowing such a large craft to enter the atmosphere. if you have the tech to build such a craft (and not a lighter-than-air craft) then your smart enough to send smaller probes or drones to do your "dirty work". No need to fly your city sized craft around so some hillbilly can run to the internet and cry about what he "saw".

I assume this is your opinion and you have no way of knowing that something like what is described in many witness testimonies is, in fact, 'stupid' to even consider? If you do have some type of evidence to prove that all these witness are 'stupid' and lying, I would really like to see it. Solid evidence is always awesome to see around here!

Could there ever be a reason for a giant 'mothership', like what is described by many witnesses, ever be conceived of for some purpose you may not have considered?

Just one reason a giant ship like this might need to be built could be something like this. A planet that is facing extinction by something that is outside of their ability to stop, although they have the ability to get off their planet with their tech. Could a 'mothership' or 'generation ship' be a way to save their race from inevitable destruction?

Would having a massive ship that could safely transport a large majority, or possibly all, of their race off of the doomed planet in search of a new home - saving them from extinction - be a 'stupid' idea? For that matter, would it be a decent option for sending their race into the stars, to colonize an inhabitable world when/if they find one, instead of waiting until the inevitable appears, or simply in the name of research? I wonder how long it would take an alien race, who are facing extinction, to call an idea that could save their race 'stupid'?

I suppose any of those options would be stupid to think they would even attempt to do. Wouldn't it be very hard to know for fact what an alien race , different from us in maybe every way, would do to survive when faced with extinction or another extreme motivator? Just seems that way to me.

This subject needs more common sense.

You hit the nail on the head with that one!

edit on 18-2-2011 by esteay812 because: EYES ONLY

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

This might interest you Op. This may have even been seen here on ATS, if so, my apologies.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
My perfect spaceship

Silent Running....great film.

edit on 19-2-2011 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join