It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge. Can you present a way to build Earth craft approx. 2 to 5 miles long.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ok ATS this is a chance to express the out of box mind states on board. So is there a way that YOU can offer to build SPACE/ INTERSTELLAR CRAFT that are 2 to 5 miles long??

My turn
First I would have to construct the builders. The builders are spheres that are about the size of basket balls when on non active status. When the builders are activated they resemble a spider somewhat. Due to them having welding, gluing, cutting, material grabbing appendages. And parts to get around the construct site with.

These builders are wi fied into 2 additional members. 1 member will be a material holding base/structure. It holds all the materials needed to build the craft. ALL the materials. This way the builders that are wi fied into this structure can know how much material is available and where to get it. This would be called the MOM structure. The builders just go there non stop for materials day and nite all day non stop....

The second structure or building also wi fied into the MOM and Builders would be a building or buildings that the builders go to, to get fixed if say an appendage fails and needs fixed or replaced. this would be the Father structure.

Now we got 3 parts ALL wi fied into one working data base. The human help would be to ship in parts or materials. And to run the programs of the 3 parts-mom-dad-builders. The programs may have some AI influence.

Now as soon as ALL are cut on production starts immediately. Tesla type remote beam energy to keep it as clean as possible. To beam recharge data to builders batteries from mom or dad transmitter.

When activated these builders can see the total CAD design drawings in 3d and they build side by side ALL in = space from another. Hence the need for the wi fi brain connection.

Give it a few days as the materials are shipped into site and you may get craft of mega Earth size in a faster then thought time.

Be well

edit on 2/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
With a million tonnes of LEGO, no problem,

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Hey its what you presented.
Thanks

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If you wanted to build the craft even bigger then you would have to build them in space, using the same concept...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I am not sure what you are trying to build. Are you talking about an interstellar spacecraft that you want to build or what?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Yes! I wanted to see if any had any ideas as to how to construct a craft that yes is interstellar. Instead of the little craft known to Earth inhabitants. Its all in fun, as I always wonderd why Earth has non that are known..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
A long time ago... in a star system really close... (ours)

Sumerians believed that the universe consisted of a flat disk enclosed by a tin dome. The Sumerian afterlife involved a descent into a gloomy netherworld to spend eternity in a wretched existence as a Gidim (ghost).

The reason they believed this is that they were on an ARK while the planet healed itself. The biblical story of NOAH was taken from the Sumerian story of Utnapishtim, the real Noah...

So about this ark....

I present to you NOAH's ARK

Each compartment held a different culture... for reseeding the planet after the cataclysms. This is why our history is so mixed up in different 'religious' texts

It also was a really GREAT TV series that for some reason never made it big

So... anyone can tell me how many of each animal got onto the biblical ark?

BTW this is a millenium ship with standard propulsion and cryogenic chambers for the keepers. A computer keep the climate controls and woke the keepers in an emergency. The biospheres were self contained units like the tin domes the Sumerians recall

Think about it

edit on 18-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Considering the stress on the craft that would be caused by trying to leave the atmosphere by conventional means, I think you'd almost have to build it in space.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That reminds me a little of Silent Running, the film. Excellent one at that.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sooooo lemme get this straight. You are rolling your eyes at religious texts but believe in this compartmentalized space craft that saved the different races of mankind? You don't see the irony?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That was some amazing info you just posted... Thanks. I like the design of the craft you showed as well to mimmic the tin lid its just amazing how this information exist.
Thanks again

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Yea I considered that as well or over the ocean. As far as getting it off ground. I would use some magnetic panel type technology that covers almost the total outter surface of craft to recharge the craft from the sun. And once charged Reverse magnatisim field to oppose Earths field causing a push away lift off...

Thanks

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Sooooo lemme get this straight. You are rolling your eyes at religious texts but believe in this compartmentalized space craft that saved the different races of mankind?

No I was rolling eyes at getting the answer to the animal question

Got one?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

What you build is a massive structure that changes its shape to become more aerodynamic once exiting and entering planetary atmospheres.

Think, giant transformer ship, with the ability to launch from any Earth-like planets, then extend into a more utilitarian style structure for trips into deep space.

The thought of constructing a vessel of that magnitude in itself is daunting, let alone trying to do it in space!

Anyway, to build the ship you would need a program consisting of global co-operation from the most brilliant scientists, engineers and astronauts in the world.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alphacore

Anyway, to build the ship you would need a program consisting of global co-operation from the most brilliant scientists, engineers and astronauts in the world.

So you think its possible and how long do you give Earth intelligent ones to build such a craft. I do agree it would take the entire worlds minds to make a good quality craft.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about propulsion. With the size of something that big, if you tried to launch it from the surface of the earth gravity would have a huge effect on the structure, putting all kinds of stress on it. I'm going to refer to Star Wars here
but the Star Destoyers were said to be nearly a mile long and look how massive they are. 2 to 5 miles seems a bit overboard to be honest, but 1 mile seems a bit more doable.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
A biological approach would be good. Build a giant jellyfish.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Why would you need a craft that big? A Nimitz class Aircraft Carrier is about 1100 ft. long, not even 1/4 of a mile long, and yet it houses enough air power to take over a small nation.

I struggle to see the mission profile for a 2 mile long craft (i.e. neon painted target) in a terrestrial application.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I had assumed he meant a craft for space travel when he said 2 to 5 miles long, but I suppose it wasn't really made clear.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

2 to 5 miles seems a bit overboard to be honest, but 1 mile seems a bit more doable.

I see but the 2 to 5 mile puts the challenge into it. Thats why I think a magnetic base below the craft would help keep the structural strength covered. No lets go deeper and consider a magnetic force used to keep structural points in tact when activated that somehow supports the weak points with magnetism during lift.

Thanks again

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join