It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numerous UFOs near O'hare Airport 2011

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Oh and a note to weedwhacker,

Bloomington,_Illinois

its nowhere near Chicago. Its in McClean County! 136 miles away

So ergo, this video is Shenanigans!
edit on 2/18/2011 by GenRadek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I will expect a recant, an an apology when you sign back on. (But, of course, won't hold my breath)....

If you don't understand, by now, what I've written....about spacing of the airplanes (3 miles minimum, 5 if a "heavy" preceeds) and that the distance of 3-5 miles, when seen that far away, looks perfectly normal.....if you cannot take the time to check out the links I've posted...then I can't help you squash your ignorance.

You are free to wallow in it, and look silly to others. It is, after all, your life.....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Here's a recent screenie of Flight Aware for ORD. Lots of planes lined-up to land at three different runways stacked out over Lake Michigan.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

I believe if you go back and read the posts you will see it clearly stated this was not Chicago, not O'hare airport.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

There is no way you can look north to O'Hare and see Midway which is much further to the south then Bloomingdale which is directly west out North Avenue. Madison St is the North South divider and North Ave. is like 1600 north if I remember. Either way Midway traffic and O Hare traffic do not in any way converge from any view of Ohare with the perspective I see here. Mind you I don't think this is a UFO item at all.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
Oh and a note to weedwhacker,

Bloomington,_Illinois

its nowhere near Chicago. Its in McClean County! 136 miles away

So ergo, this video is Shenanigans!

The video was supposedly shot in Bloomingdale IL, 10 miles (15km) from O´Hare airport.
edit on 18-2-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Well if there was a clear field and view east, then its still a good possibility that she saw nothing more than the landing conga line lights inbound from the east. Unless the aircraft were forced to come in from a different direction, and they lined up the same way. I see this very often. I know this is nothing UFO related.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

It depends on where you stand. i can see O'hare flights more readily since I live closer to O'Hare. However, closer towards the city center I can see both O'Hare landing aircraft and Midway. Plus, it helps that SW Airlines only goes to Midway, so you know whats where!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

fixed an error*

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
you could always video what you are seeing to compare to see if its the same, if they are still there then both doing it now would close to confirm it's the same thing?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You know what, I hope to videotape the same thing soon, and prove once and for all, these are AIRPLANES landing at O'Hare. I've seen this before, and its nothing new. Hell I'll even narrate the video and address it to ATS members. I noticed why couldnt this woman keep a steady hand on the camera? If so, you would have seen the planes come in, lower and lower till they land, with newer planes in the background!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Excellent post. I was just about to link to the live tracker.

flightaware.com...

I am constantly amazed at how people can be fooled by stacked airport traffic filmed at a distance? For those still confused go onto Google Earth and see where Bloomingdale is in relation to O'Hare airport. Use the ruler and work out the distance? Check back on the tracker and see how far out they stack up?

Weedwhacker is completely correct when he brings up the case of Alison Kruse. This is yet another case of filming aircraft at night in a traffic pattern at a busy airport. If you guys still think that they are unexplained 'UFOs' then where are all the reports from the tower at O'Hare of multiple 'UFOs' in their pattern? Where are all the aviation enthusiasts noting ATC vectoring all the scheduled traffic away from the area? The reason is because all the tower sees is routine stacked traffic. Anyone can replicate these videos. Go 10-15 miles away from a busy airport, remember to check the winds to see which runway is in use, and go east or west of it. You too can become famous within the YT and UFO community. It is that easy!

TJ

edit on 18-2-2011 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

Well...if you look at an aeronautical chart (better to view airports and stuff like that by) you can see where MDW is in relation to ORD. You could also look up the runway alignments at MDW (KMDW) too....and then realize that if you were out West, and also slightly South of ORD (KORD), then looking Eastwards, some arrivals for MDW might also show up...more South of course, all depends on their departure point, direction they came from, and the .ings they're being vectored on by ATC at any given time. And whether their .ing will be such that the landing lights are aimed in your direction, more or less....

Lots of info to look up, in several links...pages back....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If anyone is also interested in another great site to see such a lineup closer, drive down to Forest Preserve Drive and Irving Park Road. Wide open sky on the NW side of Chicago, beautiful view of the two runway landing corridors to O'Hare!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Airplanes that hover in a landing pattern for 2 hours?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Nope, they are constantly moving. Just appears to be hanging there.

I'll try to set up a more steady camera, and you can focus on one "light" and watch it turn into a plane! I hope to get outside and a camera and show you folks its all a big hubbub about nothin!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I live near Logan airport in Boston, and I'm a skywatcher, I'm not at all unfamiliar with the concept or the sight or many planes in the air at once nor in landing pattern and how they can look like they aren't moving until they pass you. I pretty much think anyone with eyes can tell the difference between lights hovering for 2 hours and airplanes in a landing approach.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Well my friend, i really do wish you could come to Chicago and see it for yourself. It truely is quite a sight!
And watching that video, you can actually see the lights moving. Its just the distance and the fact they are coming at you he it appear to be "hovering". In reality, they are lining up and moving in to land.

The blinking light aicraft, I dont know what that means, Weed probably does, but I have seen it all here. I will try to get a video up in the next few weeks, and show you all what that looks like, and a lot more steadier too.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I shouldn't be so absolute, I guess we'll see with the new videos and yours to compare with. I think we have something here, and I'm beyond thrilled that an ATS member is a witness to it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join