It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numerous UFOs near O'hare Airport 2011

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Just saw this in the youtube comments of the clip from the first post :

"The formation consisting of 5 lights on the southern side of the formation was visible form the lake shore in Chicago. The formation appeared to be over the eastern side of lake Michigan, so this was definitely not a bridge."

Looks like this could be one of the best sightings so far this year. Surely this will hit the news over the next few days.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I just wanna enhance it somehow so you guys can see the roof I'm recording over so you have something to relate the objects to. Otherwise they just look like little pricks of light on a black screen

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm watching these things literally drop out of the #ing top one. This is some #ed up #.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Someone get on twitter

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by StarblazerUK

looking for webcam slow connection

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Guys i recorded a couple more videos and youll # yourselves if they turn out as good on the computer as they look on the camera

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Don’t forget to jot down the time you saw them

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Cool ! thanks for recording !!!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Don't know if this is pointing the right way ... webcam.vemix.net...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I found some webcam sites but I don't know which to look at...would one from the Sears Tower be any good?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I got the moon in these videos so it gave some pretty good reference points. Bear with me people sorry for the wait

They were there at 6 again. I commented pretty much when they showed up. been there for over an hour.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Excellent footage. I've done a little research to see if we could debunk this or get some more information on the paticular idea.

This isn't the first time this has occured. It's happened before and many people were laughed at. Even the news anchor made a few jokes aimed at one of the individuals. Here you go:

Also checking google earth imaging, I attempted to see if these lights could be set ontop of perhaps a mountain terrain, as some airports do this so planes see the horizon line of the mountains, only according to google earth photos... there are NO mountain ranges near O'Hare International, so that killed that theory.

Another route I took was thinking they could be airplanes lining up for landing. I live near an airport and one of the busiest in the US if you ask me, Orlando International, and I constantly see planes lining up at night for landing, and sometimes if there is a delay, the planes are forced to fly circles around the airport until a runway clears up. You can sometimes see almost 10-12 planes in the sky flying in formations. Unfortunately, though these planes actually move. The ones in the video seemed to literally stay in one spot, moving either up or down. Could it be a perspective issue? Possibly.

I'd say this is some decent footage, and while I'd like to say for sure it's definitely a UFO, I still think we just need a few more brains to throw some ideas in, before we do classify it as a genuine UFO or should I say, fleet of UFO's.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
As a Chicagoan (Cubs fan as well) I live VERY close to the O'Hare corridor in the NW side of Chicago (thats about as close as I'll get to disclosing my location on ATS). I see this sort of activity A LOT. I can drive out to an open field near my house and I am situated just south as they fly over maybe, 1,000ft or less on their way to Runway 10-28 and 9L-27R. During a clear night, i can see about 10 planes on approach that looks EXACTLY THE SAME as the lights in this video. In fact, my brother made his own joke video doing the exact same thing, claiming they are UFOs. We had a good laugh. Yes it looks pretty cool seeing 10-12 plane lights all lined up on approach, with the occasional airliner that gets shuffled in from a slightly different angle.

Here is the layout of the runways currently in use:
upload.wikimedia.org...

Here is BloomingDALE, IL:
maps.google.com...,-88.0825&spn=0.1,0.1&t=h&q=41.949444,-88.0825

Now depending on which was she was looking probably east as this is the typical landing direction of westbound aircraft, this is somethign you would see on a typical evening in Chicago.

All in all, nothing seems out of the ordinary for me, as this is a normal occurance, unless they have the aircraft come in from a different direction in accordiance tot he wind, as Weedwhacker pointed out before. But this, this video, you guys just got Punk'd!!!

also, as a Chicagoan, if I saw any real UFOs, you, my dear ATS members, would be the FIRST to know!

This video, aint nothing more than planes landing. But if you dont believe me, I'll give you all a great location to see this if you come to Chicago. Head on up to the NW side, by Norridge,IL and park your car on Montrose Ave and Osceola Ave. Look east. Better yet, head over to the Harlem and Irving Plaza Mall on Harlem and Irving Park Road, and go up on the parking garage's top floor, on a nice evening. You will have a plane spotter dream view.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by StarblazerUK

No it would not. Webcams are not going to provide the resolution needed to seriously discuss this.

And to the guy looking for software to convert ou existing footage to "nightvision".....sorry, but no. I have plenty of plug-ins on several programs that simulate it, but it would only make your case even harder to swallow due to the reduction in quality.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

I'll upload some great footage for you to see later that they're NOT planes. Then you'll feel stupid. They're there right now. I'll upload later, gotta take the lady friend out to eat. Peace

Edit: also note the fact they appeared at 6, and its now 7:23 and they're STILL there. come again
edit on 18-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Heh, Right now I can look outside and see if there is anything fishy. If I am not seeing any UFOs, then I am calling shenangians. I'll be back in a few minutes.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's too bad this isn't happening on a regular basis over a highly populated area....oh wait....

That should tell you something, bro. There isn't anything to this. Sorry, don't kill the messenger.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

And I'm back. Just as I suspected, aircraft lined up, heading for runway 10-28 (as I can see the closest to me right now.)
The lane for 9R-27L is hidden behind some trees, so I cannot see that lane from my window. But I can see the 10-28 no problem. And the UFOs are................................... in someone's mind!

edit to add

When I get some freetime, i will go out and videotape the planes landing on a nice evening, and you will all see the same thing, only no UFOs. I'll keep an eye out for the line up too.

Also for any REAL Chicago natives here on ATS, drive eastbound on Irving Park Road from (former) Bensenville towards Schiller Park. As you go past O'Hare, pay close attention to the landing pattern line up farther east.
Heck if anyone is interested in getting some good plane spotting spots, U2U me and I'll give you some of the best spots, including clear shots of these "light line ups" of planes landing!
edit on 2/18/2011 by GenRadek because: more info

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join