It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numerous UFOs near O'hare Airport 2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Ever seen this?:

flightaware.com...

May wish to check it out...and read more in the thread. Afraid those were airliners, at night. Very pretty, yes.

So how many planes landed that evening at that airport weed?
We have the date and time, should be easy to confirm your point..
I await the facts..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Wow cool site

Sooo many planes , man ..... and I thought the roads were busy !!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

LOL I did refer to a map

www.daftlogic.com...

THAT map to be exact, and from my location to the plant is 82 miles. You are completely ignoring the fact that these lights were visible in the same relative spot for hours, when planes are only visible for minutes. You're also ignoring the fact that I have lived here for 19 years and am very familiar with the flight paths of planes, and also what planes LOOK LIKE. These weren't planes brochacho. I wouldn't have recorded something that was of the norm. I know you like to think you're the big bad aviation expert. It's also completely obvious that your ego is easily bruised by anyone who disagrees with you, and provides facts and evidence to the contrary. You are constantly going around and trying to debunk everything as "plane. end of story," when you very obviously know nothing about the surrounding location, and completely evade basic facts presented in the story. Just because something unexplainable shows up in the direction of the airport, it must be planes, right? When you have multiple eye witness stories of the same thing occurring.

Here's a sighting from a few years ago.

Note the part of the video where a witness states that they show up in triangle formation, and then switch to a linear formation, etc. This is exactly what these lights do, as observed in my recorded video.

Edit: you may also wish to debunk this. The recorder of the sighting from Bloomingdale messaged me on youtube. He told me he had dinner with a friend the night after the sighting, who works at DuPage airport ground control. They had a pilot radio in that there was an object along side of him that wasn't showing up on radar. They told the pilot to just chill and file a UFO report.
edit on 18-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I await the facts....

Sure. Here: www.bts.gov...

Gobs and gobs of data, there. (Except, since the 13th was only about five days ago....you'll have to wait for it all to be in, and posted up. BUT, you can compare to similar Suday evenings, for historical comparisons...).

You can trip the light fantastic, and check for yourself, to your heart's content.

Go to "Data and Statistics"...the drop-down menu of "Airline On-time Data" would be one place to start your investigation....."follow the leads"....

Since that's the "official" USGov site, and the wheels of bureaucracy grind along slowly:

www.flightstats.com...

Current. Haven't looked, maybe it has data from days past?? (probably not....just looked again, like this one from the Airport Authority itself:

www.airport-ohare.com...

A bit bogus....due to the many, many "code-share" flights. Meaning, looks like more than are, because of repeats. Not sure if they do that in Oz....
edit on 18 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You are aware the date only goes up to 2010, right? Nothing listed for 2011.

edit: ooohhh nice save weed! when you were proven wrong you edit your post to make up for it. Nice!!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

I await the facts....

Sure. Here: www.bts.gov...

Gobs and gobs of data, there. (Except, since the 13th was only about five days ago....you'll have to wait for it all to be in, and posted up. BUT, you can compare to similar Suday evenings, for historical comparisons...).

You can trip the light fantastic, and check for yourself, to your heart's content.

Go to "Data and Statistics"...the drop-down menu of "Airline On-time Data" would be one place to start your investigation....."follow the leads"....

I'm not about to do YOUR research for you Weedwhacker..
You're the one saying they are planes..
YOU show there are that many planes landing on a Sunday night..!!!!!!!!

I find it hard to believe....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

He can't, there's not even any information for 2011

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

I don't care if he gives me information from a sunday in late Feb from 2010..
I just don't see an airport being that busy at that time...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by apodictic

I don't care if he gives me information from a sunday in late Feb from 2010..
I just don't see an airport being that busy at that time...

Bro, I can tell you this right now with 100% certainty. Those were not planes. Weed can talk allllll day spitting his nonsense. He wasn't here to witness it, and if he was, his mind would be swayed otherwise. The only support for his story is the direction the lights show up in just happen to be the same direction as the airport. No characteristics of these lights, or their movements (or lack thereof) represent planes. Planes do not stay in one spot and switch formations to form triangles/lines/then back again.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

What "plant"?? You just keep making it more complicated.

....from my location to the plant is 82 miles.

To the ORD Airport, do you mean??

Oh, and the "History Channel" video? Ummm...not really the same, is it? "Red lights"...."thousands of people" saw them and reported them.

Were there many news reports Monday morning, in the ChicagoLand area papers? Local TV news?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I think you might have missed my comment a couple pages back cause you didn't reply to it.

Go back and check it out.
I was talking about the D.C. Cook Nuclear plant in Michigan, that corresponds with a witness report I am in contact with who says the lights were on the East side of the lake. This rules out O'Hare, so my other theory is they might have been over the nuclear plant.

The lights that showed up back then were in august or some crap. Do you really think "thousands" of people are going to report these on a february night? Please.

There are already witnesses from Aurora, Bloomingdale, Chicago, etc. Check my video on youtube and read the description. You can also see these lights appeared over Beijing and Slovakia on the same night.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

edit: ooohhh nice save weed! when you were proven wrong you edit your post to make up for it. Nice!!

Ya know.....that is the ONE place I know where the statistics will be available, and "official". It's not my fault they aren't "intantaneous" to satisfy the casual whims of ATS members....

....I figured everyone would see the note on dates, so decided to add more info, to help out. NOT going to waste bandwidth with repeating all the other arrivals info, when people can get off their bums and do it themselves. AND, there are other places....to find stuff out. It's called "Google"...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Post by weedwhacker
Were there many news reports Monday morning, in the ChicagoLand area papers? Local TV news?

That's the killer question , if several UFO's were hovering above an International Airport for that length of time then surely the local press would have picked it up .

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Here's another guy who commented on my video.

I saw the same thing over lake michigan last night. It was crazy. 15 lights, 5 were stationary, seemed to be in formation and unidentifiable, the rest were identifiable but seemed to be circling back and forth. Something was definitely up last night.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

That's the thing...they weren't over the airport.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Instantaneous? Last time I checked 2011 started almost 2 months ago. I have done many google searches thank you very much
Along with conversations with many witnesses. So far nothing I have found leads me to believe these were planes. Sorry again.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

WeedWhacker..I have you on mental ignore ..Ive told you this before..Thats why i love ATS we all have our theorys, ideas and facts..doesn't mean i have to agree with yours! I dont belive those are planes peroid..I understand your passion on what you post and im not trying in anyway to be mean but not everyone is going to agree with you..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I was talking about the D.C. Cook Nuclear plant in Michigan, that corresponds with a witness report I am in contact with who says the lights were on the East side of the lake.

Think about this...reason it out. Your friend only saw the lights in the distance...right? YET, you now think you (and he) can estimate their distance that accurately?? To be over a power plant some ~80 miles away?

Think hard on that for a minute....and do some math to take into account the curve of the Earth ...wait, I'll do it:

www.davidsenesac.com...

Some examples:

Dist. Height (ft)
40 1060
50 1650
60 2380
70 3240
87 5000

Something 70 miles away, over "flat" terrain, if it was 3,240 feet above the surface, where it was at, would be JUST visible to you. SO, to see it at some higher angle above the horizon, IT would be higher, yes??

I still think your friend saw the jets over the lake (not the "plant") and certainly not 80 miles away.....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Once again, it was a theory I had. I did not say that they were located over the nuclear plant. All I said was that the witness said the lights were on the East side of the lake, which corresponds in the direction I was facing, and simultaneously rules out the O'Hare theory. Unless, of course, they moved O'Hare to Michigan without anyone noticing. I was just stating that the calculation from my point of recording, across the lake, and to the plant, is 82 miles. I provided the link of the google distance calculator I used. Those lights would not have been visible to just me, as he was closer to them than I was. If anything, he had a much better view.

Edit: last time I checked, jets don't hover like that. And before you get excited, yes, I already ruled out any military craft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join