It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numerous UFOs near O'hare Airport 2011

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

And what do you think the Press are going to see in line of sight of your house? It doesn't take much to work out exactly what road you live on. You do realise that the first bit of your video is quite distinctive with that bend? It's OK I won't go posting the coords, but it is quite clear that you filming in direct line of sight of the 13,000 foot runway 10/28. (There is also the two shorter 9/27 runways to the north of 10/28). When runway 28 is in use you will looking straight down it at a considerable distance. Every time runway 28 is in use, and in clear conditions, you will be able to record these lights at night.

TJ

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

I suggest you look again, no runways face me. Unless you have the wrong street, cause I'm pretty sure there are more streets than mine that bend...LOL They face more to the north of my direction, and more to the south.

tinypic.com...

edit: they face my direction but do NOT line up to where I recorded. I've checked Flash Earth 32948 times, and no run ways line up with it at all.
edit on 19-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

www.examiner.com...

Artist Andrew Smith claims responsibility for recent UFO sightings in Utah
February 19th, 2011 4:25 pm ET .Do you like this Article?
An artist named Andrew Smith has claimed responsibility for recent UFO sightings in Utah. In an interview with ABC4 on Friday, February 18, 2011, Smith asserts that the strange lights reported in the sky over Utah County last month and on Valentine's Day 2011 were created by him using flares, helium, and undisclosed methods.

Boston, Massachusetts most recently had UFO sightings reported during January and February 2011 including one video showing an unidentified flying object hovering amid the fireworks in a New Year's Eve fireworks display. The Utah County UFO sightings happened within the same two month timeframe.

Andrew Smith acknowledged that many people will not believe he is behind the recent UFO sightings in Utah. Smith said that he was simply experimenting with different artistic media and he frequently uses unorthodox materials like water, lights, and machines in his art. When the lights started receiving media attention he decided to come forward with his explanation.

The Lehi, Utah artist posted a new video on YouTube of the mysterious lights he claims to have created. You can view Andrew Smith's video on the left of this page. You will be able to enlarge the video to full screen format.

January's UFO sighting in Utah was just one of many recent UFOs reported this year. There have been numerous reports of UFOs both in the United States, Canada, and overseas. Here are some of the most notable UFO sightings this year:

Video: Orange UFOs recorded hovering over Chicago, IL on February 18, 2011

Video: Latest North American UFO sighting over Murrysville, Pennsylvania

Video: Latest UFO sighting over Toronto, Canada on February 15, 2011

Examiner reader reports seeing UFO in the sky over Johannesburg, South Africa

Video: New UFO sighting in Sweden (Göteborg) on February 12, 2011

Video: Watch UFO hover over Jerusalem during recent UFO sighting

UFO Video: Watch UFO hovering over Jerusalem exposed as a hoax

.Suggested by the author:
Video: Orange UFOs recorded hovering over Chicago, IL on February 18, 2011
Video: Latest North American UFO sighting over Murrysville, Pennsylvania
Video: Latest UFO sighting over Toronto, Canada on February 15, 2011
Examiner reader reports seeing UFO in the sky over Johannesburg, South Africa
Video: New UFO sighting in Sweden (Göteborg) on February 12, 2011

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Artist Andrew Smith claims responsibility for recent UFO sightings in Utah - Boston Top News | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WordsOnAPage

And what is your point?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

plz shut up. I don't care to hear your opinion on anything that doesn't regard the video, nor is it relevant to any points I have made.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

plz shut up. I don't care to hear your opinion on anything that doesn't regard the video, nor is it relevant to any points I have made.

That's much better, thank you.

Carry on.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I have worked at various airports for the past 7 years. While I am not a pilot, I have stood on the tarmac with many pilots, and some of them call this the "conga line". They are airplanes in flight path awaiting opportunity to land. While I can't explain the phenomena of their non-moving appearance, they certainly are in fact moving. You have to watch longer. I've seen this many times at airports, and it really is that simple. Sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Can't be any type of UFO
What, you've never heard of night-time marching (hovering) band?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

If you claim to be from the Chicago region, then you should damn well know those are planes landing at O'Hare. As a real Chicagoan, I know exactly what they are, and have seen them MANY times. I live about one to one half mile south of the corridor for runway 10-28 and about a 1/4 mile north of it is the 9R-27L corridor. In fact they go right down Lawrence Ave and Montrose Ave. In fact, the best viewing angle is from the corner of Oak Park Ave and Irving Park Rd looking north and east, overlooking the Chicago Read Mental Health Center. You can see the entire conga line of lights, stretching waaaay back. On one night I counted about 10-14 planes in the sky at the same time in the line. And yes, they do appear to go so slow. A great view when they are really low, is on Montrose and Osceola by the Ridgewood High School in Norridge. You can see them coming from miles away and watch them literally go nearly over your head, low enough so you can see the separate panels on the fuselage. Once i figure out how to upload a video to ATS, I'll show you a video that proves what we say is true, and you look foolish!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by PhotonEffect

One other person? LOL why don't you go read the video comments before speaking....

While you're at it, go to MUFON and look up some reports there

Common sense? Seems to be lacking in your department, sir.

I'm not the one claiming that these lights are UFO's chief.

Common sense says otherwise.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

You're right, you're the one claiming that planes on approach to O'hare (an airport 13 miles from me) would be visible for over 2 hours. Your common sense is killing me!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Did you actually sit there and watch them for 2 straight hours?

They don't just sit there, they move. Your video shows it.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Great news! I found the videos my brother an I made of these "lights" as well. Now if only ATS reactivates their media video uploading.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

A real Chicagoan? Oh so I'm a fake one huh?

No body in the suburbs would see that, if those were planes approaching O'Hare.

Besides, why is your argument still consisting of O'Hare? Have I not stated numerous times that these lights are located across the lake?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Yeah, I did. A couple times, actually. They interested me because they look very odd. Yes they move....but they stay in the same relative positions to one another. I never said they don't move, but they are "stationary" relative to that patch of sky.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Look, Photon and Radek, agree to disagree, k?

If you think they're planes, great. I know what was visible with my own two eyes for hours on end.
You know what is only visible in the videos provided. I can not sway your argument otherwise. Many things may appear to be something else. Until you see something like this in your own life (something that is visible in the same relative spot for hours) your opinion won't be swayed. I'm out.

link   
Here is the interesting thing they have managed to do thus far regarding ufos and extraterrestral life

Damned if you believe and damned if you dont.

As John Travolta says in Broken Arrow "Aint it cool"

link   

Now why don't I believe you? It is clear in one of your videos that you film an aircraft much closer to your location. What you are failing to comprehend is that the lights you are filming is the traffic pattern at O'Hare and aircraft at extreme distance. What do you expect aircraft lights to look like at 15-20 miles distance? Do you expect to see the detail as you did on the aircraft that you filmed much closer? Do you expect to see perfect strobes and navigation lights at 15-20 miles distant? You can even see in your videos the camera artefacts producing the shapes. All the light sources on the aircraft are producing those artefacts on the video.

All you are doing is filming aircraft lights at extreme distance and going Wow on video. Anyone can do it when they live in proximity to such a large airport. Everytime runway 28 is in use you will be able to film these lights and produce your YT videos and be forever confused time after time.

Here is an experiment for you. Check the Live ATC feeds for O'Hare and note when 28 is in use. Travel 5 miles from the airport and film and then travel closer to the airport and film and watch the pattern. Do this while leaving a camera set up in your house filming from the 13 mile distance. It is quite clear that you are being fooled by both distance, ATC procedures and perspective. Do this before you get the media in or otherwise they are just going to laugh at you.

TJ

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

Now why don't I believe you? It is clear in one of your videos that you film an aircraft much closer to your location. What you are failing to comprehend is that the lights you are filming is the traffic pattern at O'Hare and aircraft at extreme distance. What do you expect aircraft lights to look like at 15-20 miles distance? Do you expect to see the detail as you did on the aircraft that you filmed much closer? Do you expect to see perfect strobes and navigation lights at 15-20 miles distant? You can even see in your videos the camera artefacts producing the shapes. All the light sources on the aircraft are producing those artefacts on the video.

All you are doing is filming aircraft lights at extreme distance and going Wow on video. Anyone can do it when they live in proximity to such a large airport. Everytime runway 28 is in use you will be able to film these lights and produce your YT videos and be forever confused time after time.

Here is an experiment for you. Check the Live ATC feeds for O'Hare and note when 28 is in use. Travel 5 miles from the airport and film and then travel closer to the airport and film and watch the pattern. Do this while leaving a camera set up in your house filming from the 13 mile distance. It is quite clear that you are being fooled by both distance, ATC procedures and perspective. Do this before you get the media in or otherwise they are just going to laugh at you.

TJ

All honesty, I don't care if you believe what I saw with my own eyes or not. Those lights were there for hours. The same lights. If they were landing at O'Hare, they would have dipped below the house I was recording them over, as O'Hare is 13 miles from me. The characteristics do not look like any plane, i.e. there is no strobe lights, only a solid amber color. Plane lights are white, not amber. Also the fact that there is no runway that lines up in that direction, sorry to burst your bubble. Agree to disagree.

edit to add: I wasn't the one who contacted any media outlets, it was done without my consent.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

you should watch your 2nd video again. But this time take off your ufo glasses and put on the airplane glasses.

Watch the first few lights (the ones nearest to you) descend one after another below the tree line. It's a steady movement and they appear stationary because the planes are moving towards you...

It's an easy concept to understand if you consider your viewing perspective

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join