It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numerous UFOs near O'hare Airport 2011

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Okay let's say you are right and they were all airplanes, can you post a video to prove that? If bad weather does this to O'Hare airport than there must be a video to prove your point because Chicago often gets bad weather.

I am usually a skeptic when I see blurry videos or videos that smell of hoaxes but this one seems genuine. Airplanes maintain fast speed so it would never, ever, EVER seem like they are still or moving very slowly. Another thing is that airplanes would not be so close joined to together, and for that long, you would have seen at least one landing than another following.

It is okay to admit that you're stumped every now and than. Don't feel you have to explain every video you don't know about. It is okay to admit it is a UFO but it still might not be an extra-terrestrial group. It is unidentified.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Weedwhacker either gets a very hurt ego when people disagree with him, or he's paid to argue until people agree with his dis/misinfo. Either way, he shouldn't even be here.
edit on 19-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Aliens? Perhaps. If they're in Chicago they are only there to campaign for Rahm Emanuel. No need to worry.

The video is interesting nonetheless.
edit on 19-2-2011 by onefreedomone because: grammar

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Reply to apodictic

Agree or disagree with him, Weedwhackers posts have certainly been more intelligent than some on this thread and kudos to him for not just accepting any old nonsense that people come out with. Accepting something as fact gets you nowhere but trying to establish facts and reasoning gets you a long way. I see no reason to just accept your assertion that these are UFOs and think the burden of proof lies with you to prove they are UFOs. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and you have not delivered (not that saying that will make any difference to someone as entrenched in their view as you)
edit on 19-2-2011 by cassini because: adding who I`m replying to

edit on 19-2-2011 by cassini because: none

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I think Weedwhacker has alreaday explained how the planes appear to be travelling slowly, and how they're not as close to each other as they might appear.

It looks to me exactly like planes on approach to a busy airport, and the way that the video moves around constantly makes it impossible to see whether the lights are moving or standing still. Out of all the people on this thread WW is about the only one who's been producing facts and evidence to back up what he's saying, most others have not really offered any kind of viewpoint that can be backed up readily, and in some cases it's just been straw man arguments and abuse which is pretty sad to see.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Something similar filmed in Italy:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

It is obvious to me that you are just so stuck in your wish to be "special" that no amount of logic and reason will get through to you. I note you still haven't posted your "second" video in this thread?? Let's examine your mistakes and misunderstandings.....you even point them out so helpfully, in your post.

The videos were recorded one after another lol...

What does that mean? Oh, the short four minute recording time of your....it's a cell phone, right??

In any case....No, the videos are NOT constant for the ~nine minutes.....you are shooting airplanes, at altitude, and many miles away. I mentioned Allison Kruse in the very beginning of this thread for a reason....(and what amazing hate and vitriol was sent my way, by the "defenders" of this delusion!). Ms. Kruse's little adventure started very much the same way as the one you've just embarked upon. She, undoubtedly, really really thought what she saw WERE "UFO"s....but, she also saw how avidly people would gobble up this nonsense, and saw a potential to profit from it....and, she turned from a "wide-eyed in wonder" innocent into a dangerous, dishonest serial hoaxer.

It is obvious that, despite the wealth of information posted (just in this thread alone) you have failed to follow up on them, scientifically, with a proper investigation into your "sightings"....which should be the hallmark of any serious person in this topic. The "UFO" craze is FULL OF THIS....horrible misidentifications of everyday events.

So, when you wrote to me:

..fail on your part...

....I find it tragically ironic.

....and you can clearly see after it stops moving that those are the same ones as before.

NO, not really. All of the lights are almost identical. AND, they are in constant motion....especially relative to each other. That very, very slow "ballet" is perfectly normal, when you are viewing the airplanes, at altitude, approaching the airport and when they are VERY far away. They are maneuvering, coming from different directions as they approach....and lining up to follow the Localizer of the runway they are assigned to.

That's 9 minutes of footage ....

But, you just admitted, it's not continuous. In fact, in the last minute (so, it's really only 8, right???) you include an airplane, say it's an airplane, and try to pass it off as somehow "different"....well, what you have that is actually "different" is it is MUCH CLOSER! So, being that close, it resolves into a recognizable airplane. Not an amorphous blob of light, when seen from 20 miles (or more) away.

Now....HERE is where it falls apart, for you....because, in the first half of a continuous shot (of only a few minutes' duration) I do see one airplane's lights suddenly disappear. It is obviously, to me, the nearest one to your location...and lowest in altitude. The manner in which it disappears makes it look as if it goes behind something in the foreground, close to the camera.

Now, have you just confirmed that, in fact, there was a building that obstructed the view, at a certain point?:

...also let me say again, these are recorded over a roof of a house.

I saw the map, pages back, that someone posted....has YOUR location in the Chicago suburbs highlighted. AND, shows the relationship of where you are, to the O'Hare airport. How many miles away is the airport, on a map?? (As the crow flies...)? Want me to post that image for you here?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT: Guess I should:

Originally posted by cripmeister

See?? There is your neighborhood, in the red box. The Bloomingdale area, is the OP's video location. O'Hare is also highlighted. Care to use Google Maps, and zoom in on the airport, to look at the runways???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And no runways even point in that direction. That direction leads exactly right to the middle of the airport.

Proof positive that you didn't read this thread, and have no idea what you're talking about!! You just contradicted yourself!!! By admitting that the headings the airplanes (sorry, "lights") were on was headed directly to the "middle of the airport"!! Oh, and you also didn't look at my links (or anyone else's) that showed the runway configuration. Is O'Hare roughly East of your position? (I know it is...). There are THREE runways, all parallel, that are aligned east/west.....almost exactly east/west. Within a variance of only ten degrees. I was listening to the Air Traffic Control audio feed last night. About 20:00 your time (CST)....for about an hour. I could hear the airplanes being cleared for the ILS approaches to Runways 27Left and 28. They were coming FROM the East, and landing TO the West....pointing in YOUR direction.

Did you see that link? It's in this thread...YOU can listen in, too. I also asked you (did you ignore?) about the Flight Aware site....again, these are tools of the investigator, to dismiss the easily explained, in order to sift through all these "sightings" and eliminate the ones that are false.

How much do you get paid to sit here and talk about # you obviously know nothing about?

ZERO. ZILCH. NADA. I bring my lifetime (so far) of knowledge and expertise to tamp down the flaming ignorance that I see more and more and more....used to be, was only on places like YouTube, and ATS had intelligent, cogent discussion....now, ATS is infected by the YouTube "trend"... :shk:

(...what I "know nothing about"!
Sonny boy, you have no clue, do you????)

(I can tell you're young, since you narrated the YouTube vid....kid, I was that age once too. Difference is, I had many years of flying experience already by then....I was carrying passengers at commuter airlines when I was 23. My experience comes from a vastly different background than yours, evidently).

Why are you still here if you actually believe they're planes?

I don't just believe...I KNOW. From experience. As to "Why"? As I said above...education. It breaks my heart to see such rampant ignorance, and those who are lapping it up, without any guidance and adult supervision.....

Stop wasting your time on a "couple of planes" taking off!

I leave that in, because it again shows your lack of understanding. They aren't "taking off"!! Hasn't that been made clear, yet??
I see you edited and added the "Phoenix Lights" video?? They aren't the same, as even a casual observer can detect. BTW....that event is badly misunderstood, too....there were TWO separate sightings. The one that started it all, eyewitnesses only, no photos or videos. Traditional, classic "silent, black triangle". OVER the suburbs....North and West of Downtown Phoenix. Ya know, I actually LIVED in PHX at that time! So, I happen to be familiar with the details.

In that video, shown all over the media (and shot the NEXT night!!) are flares. Military flares. Dropped in an areas SOUTH and West of Downtown. The "wink out" as they slowly drop behind the terrain...there are lots and lots of mountains in that area, you know....

Your whole argument is based off of these being located over the airport, which again, THEY'RE NOT.

NO, I see this coming up a lot....NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER did I ever, ever, ever say they were "over the airport"!! Because, I know better....I described it, to the best of my ability, for the layperson to understand. I posted links, others posted images...it's all here, in THIS thread.

Did you even watch the video?

Why, yes! But, I mentioned that up above. I wasted my nine minutes, just to respond fully to you.

You can see an object go right, and then go left again. Planes don't do that buddy.

WHAT??? LOL!! Really? Wow.....please, try to educate yourself a bit more. Will save you from some horrible embarrassment, in the future...mark my words....

(I was trying to figure out how to tell you all this on your YT channel page....but, not enough words there...so, this is better).
edit on 19 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hourglass

than back up the claims with similar videos shot so we can compare and find out what is real and what is fake. You can explain it until blue in the face but those lights look similar in size and don't appear to be descending at all. I live close to an airport, I have been through bad weather, and I have never seen this phenomena. I would have accepted Chinese lanterns as a more plausible answer than airplanes that are descending.

My logic thinks that since there is often bad weather at Chicago than this phenomena is nothing new and should have been filmed before. If you can provide similar footage than maybe we can see where WW is going with his argument.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
So I'm new here, Do threads always get closed when the mods lose their arguments?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It would appear to me that these are planes on approach. This would also appear to be a highly visible area. Are there more videos from other sources? Did this guy get some daytime photos from the site the vid was shot. I lived pretty close to Bradley Int'l near Hartford and this was not an uncommon site. Especially if there was some nasty weather to the south.

(offtopic)
My wife and I did see something heading into Westover AFB in Chicopee, MA. It turned out to be a tactical drill with a bomber. It only had one low intesity light on under each wing. From a distance it was suspect and several cars, along with us, pulled into a plaza parking lot to view this approach. It was creepy until the plane got close enough to where we could see the illuminated underside of the wings. It was flying VERY slow and low. Not so much related to the OP but that had us and a few others curious.
edit on 19-2-2011 by onefreedomone because: spacing

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kazanoom

Annoying, ain't it?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
It is obvious to me that you are just so stuck in your wish to be "special" that no amount of logic and reason will get through to you. I note you still haven't posted your "second" video in this thread?? Let's examine your mistakes and misunderstandings.....you even point them out so helpfully, in your post.

No amount of logic and reasoning? How about the fact that you don't know where I live, therefore you don't know the layout of the runways in comparison to my field of view? I will upload a video shortly proving that the runways even facing towards my house are no where near where I filmed these objects. How's that for logic and reasoning?

What does that mean? Oh, the short four minute recording time of your....it's a cell phone, right??

If by four minute video recorded by my cell phone you mean nine minute video recorded from a nikon p100, then yes.

In any case....No, the videos are NOT constant for the ~nine minutes.....you are shooting airplanes, at altitude, and many miles away.

Yes, they are consecutive lol. After my memory ran out for one video, I simply hit the record button again for another then put them all together

I mentioned Allison Kruse in the very beginning of this thread for a reason

Yes to compare my video to something else that doesn't even make sense. And try to make a point by comparing my video with someone you deem to be a foolish hoaxer, in order to get people to side with your story by psychologically getting people to associate my videos with Alison Kruse's videos, which again, doesn't make any sense. Please stick to the topic. The videos of someone in PA has nothing to do with the sightings in Illinois.

It is obvious that, despite the wealth of information posted

Yeah, information pertaining to O'Hare, which once again, (as you so conveniently chose to constantly keep evading) these objects are over the lake, no where near O'Hare airport. Once again associating these sightings with the airport, causing people to automatically dismiss them as planes. You have no evidence to back up that these are planes. You're constantly telling people to use websites such as flightaware, yet you have never once presented any valid information regarding the sightings on February 13th and February 18th.

NO, not really. All of the lights are almost identical. AND, they are in constant motion....especially relative to each other. That very, very slow "ballet" is perfectly normal, when you are viewing the airplanes, at altitude, approaching the airport and when they are VERY far away. They are maneuvering, coming from different directions as they approach....and lining up to follow the Localizer of the runway they are assigned to.

Once again, stop associating these lights with the airport, as I have stated numerous times I have witnesses who viewed these over lake michigan. A completely opposite direction to o'hare. Your argument is based only on your personal speculations and no facts at all regarding the sightings.

But, you just admitted, it's not continuous. In fact, in the last minute (so, it's really only 8, right???)
Wrong, my video is 9:05. That doesn't look like 8 to me. And even if it WAS 8, would that really matter? These planes would be well out of view by then. I have lived here my whole life and am very familiar with the paths of the planes. These sightings were recorded on camera because they are out of the ordinary.

you include an airplane, say it's an airplane, and try to pass it off as somehow "different"....well, what you have that is actually "different" is it is MUCH CLOSER! So, being that close, it resolves into a recognizable airplane. Not an amorphous blob of light, when seen from 20 miles (or more) away.

Yep and it's also flashing, moving at ~500 mph(?) and not a solid amber color. In any case, like I have said before, it would have been well out of the camera frame or obscured by the roof of the house (which obviously stays constant...) well before 9 minutes was up.

Now, have you just confirmed that, in fact, there was a building that obstructed the view, at a certain point?:

Nope, these objects were ABOVE the roof of the house. They were never obstructed by the roof of the house. In fact, I like to use the roof of the house as a reference point to prove that they aren't getting farther/closer.

I saw the map, pages back, that someone posted....has YOUR location in the Chicago suburbs highlighted. AND, shows the relationship of where you are, to the O'Hare airport. How many miles away is the airport, on a map?? (As the crow flies...)? Want me to post that image for you here?

13 miles.

Proof positive that you didn't read this thread, and have no idea what you're talking about!! You just contradicted yourself!!!

Not at all? I said it lines up with the middle of the airport itself, not a runway.

Did you see that link? It's in this thread...YOU can listen in, too. I also asked you (did you ignore?) about the Flight Aware site....again, these are tools of the investigator, to dismiss the easily explained, in order to sift through all these "sightings" and eliminate the ones that are false.

Yes, I requested from another person in my other thread a link to listen to air traffic control. lol. And no, I did not ignore that. I said that I have used that, and once again the paths of planes do not line up with my line of sight.......

I bring my lifetime (so far) of knowledge and expertise to tamp down the flaming ignorance that I see more and more and more....used to be, was only on places like YouTube, and ATS had intelligent, cogent discussion....now, ATS is infected by the YouTube "trend"... :shk:

Ohhhhh flaming ignorance. Kind of like how you assume these are planes at O'Hare when I have witness evidence to the contrary which you keep conveniently ignoring?

(I can tell you're young, since you narrated the YouTube vid....kid, I was that age once too. Difference is, I had many years of flying experience already by then....I was carrying passengers at commuter airlines when I was 23. My experience comes from a vastly different background than yours, evidently).

Your experience still has nothing to do with planes at o'hare

I don't just believe...I KNOW. From experience. As to "Why"? As I said above...education. It breaks my heart to see such rampant ignorance, and those who are lapping it up, without any guidance and adult supervision.....

I await your proof.

I leave that in, because it again shows your lack of understanding. They aren't "taking off"!! Hasn't that been made clear, yet??

Okay, LANDING. Which even helps to prove my point further! They would have long been obscured by the roof of the house if they were in fact getting lower. You should have just said they were taking off, at least then you'd have some sort of case as to why they're constantly above the roof of the house!

I see you edited and added the "Phoenix Lights" video?? They aren't the same

Bears striking resemblance to what I, and many others across the world, have been seeing.

NO, I see this coming up a lot....NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER did I ever, ever, ever say they were "over the airport"!! Because, I know better....I described it, to the best of my ability, for the layperson to understand. I posted links, others posted images...it's all here, in THIS thread.

Okay "approaching the airport"
Still, like I've said many times, these are nothing to do with O'Hare.

Why, yes! But, I mentioned that up above. I wasted my nine minutes, just to respond fully to you.

Funny, I remember seeing you say that it wasn't worth your time to watch it, and that you only watched 4 minutes? But if you did watch it, thanks!

WHAT??? LOL!! Really? Wow.....please, try to educate yourself a bit more. Will save you from some horrible embarrassment, in the future...mark my words....

Kinda like how youre assuming my line of sight matches up with a runway...when it doesn't...

(I was trying to figure out how to tell you all this on your YT channel page....but, not enough words there...so, this is better).

My god, you're just trying to spread your disinfo everywhere as much as possible, huh? First here, then my thread, now my youtube channel? Honestly you need to give it a rest.

Edit to add: I also like how you assume I haven't used google maps (actually I used flash earth) to see if my line of sight matches up with any runway. I actually put the cursor over the house I recorded over, and went directly to the right, only to find out no runways match up. Like I've said, The runways that face me are farther to the south of my location, and farther to the north. NOT where I filmed these lights.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hootlj

Indeed and censorship=mediocrity.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kazanoom

I'm mad too but don't derail the thread.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I did some quick skimming in your thread and didn't see this mentioned so apologies if i missed something.

Excluding the possibility of a fake video (something you haven't really considered possible) i wonder with all of the recent earthquake activity could these lights be earthquake lights? For many years people have talked about balls of light occuring before big earthquakes and sometimes after them.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cassini

His posts are only regarding o'hare airport, (how many times do i need to keep saying this???) and I have witnesses who viewed these on the opposite side of the lake. All I'm saying is they're not planes, to which the burden lies on HIM to prove that they ARE. Which he has thus far not presented any evidence to.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Actually ya know what? Don't even bother replying, Weed.

They're planes, you win

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

Not at all, it's on my youtube channel for those who decide they want to see it. I'm just choosing not to argue anymore.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Can we stop the madness. Please.

These are planes on approach for landing. Landing patterns change depending on wind conditions. I'm not even a pilot and I know this.

There was a post earlier in this thread which showed the landing patterns coming into Ohare over the Lake. There's your answer.

You are shooting video in the exact direction of O'Hare airport, to the east. Why is it so hard to consider that those lights are coming into OHare from the east over the lake??

Why are we insisting these are not planes? Your last video clearly shows the lights descending one by one and flying into a landing pattern

Perspective is clearly playing tricks here

Watch these and tell me they don't resemble the OP video and your video.

UFO's? Think again, the answer can be found at 3:04 in.

Explanation

If these are what you are wishing them to be, we would have ourselves a media event that rivaled the Phoenix Lights, with hundreds of witnesses from all over the city....
edit on 19-2-2011 by PhotonEffect because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

gtfo of the thread if it's madness, troll.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join