It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numerous UFOs near O'hare Airport 2011

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So we have a air-traffic controller and a pilot who has flown numerous times saying they do not see anything they either have not seen before or nothing in the OP video stands out as a "high strangeness" incident.Then we have the debate on whether or not these lights/objects are over an airport in a certain location or not;All is fair in love and war as they say but this discussion is all about believers versus non believers and the perception of a level of a critical and respectable medium is lost to the "believers versus non believers" manipulation war;I am at this moment in time on the fence on this one, not every sighting near an airport has to be a "airplane , case closed verdict" all the time, surely the law of averages would dictate that a small percentage could POSSIBLY be genuine unknown cases;Lets have a respectable and level headed debate , this web site deserves it and members deserve to be treated with dignity and respect at all times no matter what side of the fence they originate from;

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Planes on approach with landing lights, nothing more. They appear to be in an arc because the planes have to adjust their approach to land into the wind. I see it every night here in Cleveland. If you want I can make a video, claim that UFOs have invaded Cleveland because the signal from Lebron James' "The Decision" has just reached their planet and they too are pi$$ed off about it.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I have read the whole thread, I always do before I post. Disagreeing doesn't mean I've not read all the 'it's a plane' posts.

The planes are completely static for way too long and there's no indication of any aircraft lighting, nor do any of them appear to be landing anywhere.

If they're all moving towards or away from the camera they must be drawing massive parallel lines in the sky (if you know what I mean. If it's not clear I'll draw a picture)...the video doesn't make any sense if they're stacking to land at an airport.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by eightfold

One more try at rational explanation, and clarity....

The planes are completely static for way too long....

How long does the video last? In any one scene? In between when he wildly swings it around...or stops,and starts again? How many minutes? How fast do you reckon those jets are moving, at that point on the approach?

I'll tell you how fast they are going....between 180 to 150 knots. Slower as they get nearer the airport..

At 180kts, that's about 3 miles per minute...150 kts. 2.5 mpm Right? You're looking at them strung out in a row, lined up (not "stacked")....and they are many, many miles out. SO....if you focused on just one, never took your eyes off of it, for a good ten minutes or so....you would see it very, very gradually get closer and closer....NONE of these silly "UFO" videos ever show a long enough un-cut, non-panned or zoomed shot!

...and there's no indication of any aircraft lighting....

Yes there is...you're looking at the extremely bright landing lights. At those distances, well over 15 to 20 miles (or more), you won't see the red/green Nav lights...and the red and white strobes are just over-powered by the landing lights...AND the consumer-level video camera poor resolution available.

... nor do any of them appear to be landing anywhere.

The geography is unmistakable.....when you look at a map, and plot the videographer's position, and the O'Hare Airport position. It's obvious they are lined up and moving (being vectored) to line up, to land on the east/west runways there.

....the video doesn't make any sense if they're stacking to land at an airport.

What doesn't make any sense is people have no concept of the reality of airport traffic flows. You said you read the entire thread?? ALL the info is back there, on the earlier pages. Links, images....one fellow was kind enough (and tech savvy enough) to screen grab from Flight Aware for us....(I still can't figure that out)...

Here....real life, may not be easy to interpret without practice...what radar looks like, to a controller. This, Chicago TRACON. Video is about some Learjet that crashed not at O'Hare. But, shows many other flights, arriving/departing ORD. The faint, dashed lines represent the extended runway center-lines at ORD...airport is left of center, in the video screen. North is "up", top of screen of course. Arrivals are being accepted westbound, to 27L and 28.

The green data blocks are the airplanes...call sign and flight number in first line, then below, the altitude...with the ground speed alternating with airplane type.

When they enter the screen, on right, they are at 11,000. Speed high, until the descent clearance to below 10,000, when they begin to slow. When it is VERY busy, as seen in the OP video, you will see more targets (airplanes) and slower speeds. But, just watch one target, and see how long it takes...(boring, I know).

BTW....the recording is the Executive Airport control tower radio transmissions...not O'Hare.....

edit on 19 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
They never move, how do we know that they aren't just lights on a mountain or some stationary object?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
What I don't get with all... and I mean ALL! UFO videos is that they are always filmed from far away, no one ever makes an attempt to go over to the lights or investigate them, they just sit there pondering to themselves, until I see a close up of a actual spaceship I'm inclined to think all these videos are fake or simply misidentified lights.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Yup - I'm with Weed on this one - The video just isnt long enough to provide any credible evidence. I live about 20 minutes from Vancouver International Airport - One of the busiest in Canada. A plane lands roughly every 5-10 minutes and you can see them stacked for miles...and miles...and miles. Ohare is about 5x busier - So you can imagine how many lights they would have stacked.

If planes are moving 180MPH towards the runway to land, that means you can probably see the lights up to 80-120 miles away. That means in about 45 minutes all the lights visible to you if they are planes should be landed within that 45 minute time frame. 2-3 run ways, 5 minutes apart for landings, that means you could have 18-27 planes stacked for landing within visible range at a busy airport like Ohare.

How many lights do we see in the sky? Well, about that many. mmmm coffeeeee....

I'm not saying UFO's do not exist - I'm merely saying a 5 minute photo of lights beside an airport is insufficient evidence to back up their existence. Depending on landing conditions, snow, wind, ice the planes may circle above the lake in either north east or south west vectors.

Anyone who still holds onto the possibility needs to smell the coffee and put those puzzle pieces together in their head. Air - Planes - ahhhhh *sip sip coffee sip sip*

I beg of you - Someone who lives near that location the next time you see it - Get a tripod, a 3 hour max video camera and leave it on record. If those lights do NOT move in a straight line towards the ground at the airport then we may have something here.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

...180MPH towards the runway to land, that means you can probably see the lights up to 80-120 miles away.

Just to clear this up a bit more......the landing lights are usually not turned on until passing through 18,000 feet on the descent. When out as far as, say....100 miles, the jets are still up at cruise, usually (varies....some airports, like in the NYC area, make you descend much earlier...just the way their airspace is designed, to accommodate all the traffic and airports).

Coming through 18,000....if you were allowed an unrestricted descent (absent any ATC complications) then a good rule of thumb is 3 miles for every thousand feet, as you descend. So, about 55 miles, at 18,000. AND, you are still chugging along at a good clip....about 350-400 knots, depends. Not until below 10,000 must slow to 250 kts or less. AND, as you get even closer, you have to slow more, to configure for landing.

Combine, then...with real life, and lots of traffic, and you get slowed down sooner....coming out of 10,000 usually.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well done, human alien.

Another batch of disinfo fed to the sheeple to muddy the waters still more. You certainly earn your wage, eh! Keep us on our toes, so we'e too busy trying to convince the kids that your vids in particular (weird, eh!) are easily explainable, to have time to discuss the real cases. Nice work, Agent Alien! *Salute*

Seriously, when you attempt to ridicule and attack people for giving perfectly plausible explanations for your posts...what do you expect people to assume. It's either your incredibly naive and egocentric or your deliberately posting misinforming material - which is it??

Maybe from now on, try putting in your thread that only people who want to agree with every theory you may have about anything are 'allowed' to post, else they will get attacked and accused for not believing everything must be aliens, because you say so.

Deny ignorance? haha!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Don`t ufo`s fly during the day? will you people ever realise your cameras have Image stabilisation you might want to try using it, instead of posting film that looks like your waving to the craft . (jesus f n christ)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Boroboy beat me to it, but I concur. Why are these videos always so shaky and out of focus? If someone could just present the community with some higher def. footage (that was REAL) I know there would be countless people in favor of "making contact" and researching this in the non-blackop science community. I work editting video footage in a university setting and let me say you can do anything....

edit on 19-2-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by lazernation

It's up on my channel bro, check it out. I decided not to post it here because people who have their minds made up, have them made up. If they think they're planes, I don't understand why they stick around here trying to convince other people, who have seen it in person, differently. Not gonna feed the trolls anymore

whether it puts the plane theory to bed is up to you. personally, i think it does. I still wish I could get a better shot at night.
edit on 19-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

Hang on, you were going on before about how everyone will "shut up" when they see your new vid upload. You've now uploaded it but decided to keep quiet about it and even when someone brings it up, you don't link to it, making up a dizzy excuse that no one will believe it anyway?

Sounds like your having second thoughts about this not being aeroplanes.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by randomname

Yes sir, check this out.

Oh lordy.

Yes I remember that ONE incident about the ONE ufo that was genuinely seen and recorded as an unknown. There is no good explanation for THAT particular incident. However, how THAT incident is relevant to this NON-incident is beyond me. To think, that you are desperately trying to pass off a whole string of airplanes landing, as UFOs, is just plain dishonest.

Also, the original video OP, how was it for two hours? the video wasnt even THAT long. And too damn shaky quaky. You have been suckered, or punk'd as they say. But you know, come down to Chicago, I'll show you the best places to see just this for yourself, and see what they are. No UFOs, just plains landing. I am more than willing to place money on it.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
THIS IS BS!!! I LIVE IN CHICAGO AND IM MISSING ALL THE ACTION, GOD DAMMNIT. I WISH I LIVED NEAR O'HARE

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I tend to agree with weedwhacker. There is not enough conclusive evidence to show these are not stacked planes. The film cuts out before we can see what happens to these lights. Possibly because maybe one did land and then so much for the ufo theory?

Also, if China would shut down their airport for one UFO, then why on earth would O'hare keep business as usual with a dozen?
HumanAlien, I thought you were more objective than this when in your other posts you seem to be. Strange

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
With all due respect, there is not enough evidence to prove what these objects are either way. The video does not conclusively show objects that are unidentifiable, but it also does not conclusively show objects that are identifiable. People with flight experience have made good arguments that they may be planes, yet the eyewitness reports have made good arguments that they are not. So, here we are, running around in circles again, as always.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
As much as I'd like the lights in this video to be UFOs, my vote is for planes coming in for approach on this one.

In this day and age, we need close up, multiple camera shots (from multiple individuals submitting original recording media) of undeniable images depicting unidentified craft flying performing impossible (by human standards) maneuvers. Even then, people might howl CGI but it's still better than most of the "little lights in the sky" footage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to those who post videos of strange things in the sky of any type. I just don't think too much time and energy should be spent trying to authenticate shots like these. There's just doesn't seem to be enough to go on.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustCurious1
Somethings are deeply worrying me about this thread,

Firstly I'd like to say to WW, I applaud your restraint & your work in this thread.
I'm appalled at the messages & comments made to critical/logical thinkers (now tarred with the title of "debunkers")
Human Alien in particular, you've let yourself down.

I'm sorry I normally wouldn't say anything but it's late and that's kinda pissed me off a little.
Any video, photo or story brought here should be subject to each persons opinion regardless of what side of the fence it falls on.
Youtube videos are notorious for lacking factual references the rest of the viewing world can back up & verify.
Maybe when apodetic finally uploads the videos for the scrutiny of our community there will be something that knocks logic backwards to a point where we have no reasonable answer.

By the way, with all these new members having ufo experiences shortly after joining.. where's mine? Did ATS forget to mail it to me?

You're right! So how do you feel about Flight 77 video hitting the Pentagon? Just curious! After all, videos are NOTORIOUS for lacking facts!

Obviously many of you just aren't ready.
Regardless if this video is a true depiction of UFOs or not, you're about to get sucker punched and blind sided very soon.
And I can hear it now. "Oh, THOSE aliens? Those are the nice ones. Nothing to worry about people"

This is exactly what most of you debunkers are doing about this new planet (Nibiru. But we know, you are more comfortable calling it Tyche).
You were the same crowd who denied Planet X but now that the MSM/PTB are announcing it, you step right up to your trough and eat that Sheeple slop all up!

It's too bad and really, quite sad that more of you haven't swallowed that red pill yet! But hey, there's time yet. But probably not much!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The videos were recorded one after another lol.....fail on your part...and you can clearly see after it stops moving that those are the same ones as before.

That's 9 minutes of footage but of course you try to nitpick because you have nothing better to do with your life

also let me say again, these are recorded over a roof of a house. They would be visible for seconds if they were landing, and they would be over my house within minutes if they were taking off. And no runways even point in that direction. That direction leads exactly right to the middle of the airport. The two runways are further south, and further north. Those aren't even at the airport! Stop with your #ing disinfo already, it's honestly sickening. How much do you get paid to sit here and talk about # you obviously know nothing about? Viewing your post history, it very clearly seems you have an agenda mr. weedwhacker.

Why are you still here if you actually believe they're planes? Why bother trying to convince people who see past your BS, otherwise? Just leave the thread if they're planes! Stop wasting your time on a "couple of planes" taking off/landing/whatever lol.

Your whole argument is based off of these being located over the airport, which again, THEY'RE NOT. How many times are you going to ignore this and keep trolling trying to tell everyone otherwise? It's very clear to see the tactics you use.

Did you even watch the video? You can see an object go right, and then go left again. Planes don't do that buddy.

Phoenix Lights case of 97.
Those must be planes too right?!

Instead of moaning and whining that they're planes, how about you prove it to us? Show us some evidence of that many planes taking off/landing at O'Hare, and their direction relative to where I shot the video. Stop spreading your BS and give us some evidence Mr. Aviation expert! Best of luck to you

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Who the hell is saying they're related? Someone asked if there was a UFO sighting over O'Hare a couple years back, I said yes and pointed them to the video. You're trolling way too hard for your own good

It was two hours to people who actually saw and watched it and weren't too busy burying their head in the computer most likely trolling another UFO thread and trying to debunk it.

Once again, I recorded mine at 6. In my original thread with the video, I posted a comment at 8:03 PM saying "Yeah they're still there"

This guy, 20 minutes away, facing the same direction, filmed his video at 8 PM of the same objects. They were there for 2 1/2 hours+

But of course they're just planes

Try looking towards the lake next time, and NOT O'Hare, seeing as they're NOT coming from O'Hare in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join