It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Thought about The Rapture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LIGHTandINSIGHT

Thanks for your reply and I must say, a whole lot friendlier and more "real" than the person who quoted my post and basically hated on everything he/she doesn't believe in.

To that person, I don't believe in God and Jesus at all but haven't gone to atheist websites, I condemn all Christians such as yourself for your fairly dangerous, hypocritical and disregarding nature. If only you could be as open and loving as LIGHTandINSIGHT seems to be.

I've listened to heavy metal my entire life, it's my favourite and most enjoying genre of music. A lot of musicians in seemingly "Satanist" bands such as Slayer are Christian. Hell, there is an entire genre of Christian metal that sing about Christ etc (such as Eternal Decision, also check out Head, once he left Korn and found Jesus he began writing about his experiences and new found religion) so again, to even dare to judge a genre as being evil without substantial evidence (which will never come) is abhorrent and definitely not what your God would approve of.

Also I can also state that as a fan of metal music, I've never liked drinking alcohol, never taken drugs and have never even had sexual relations (not through choice I might add but just adding this to prove you and your views wrong).

You claim rock and roll in the 50s made people do all of those things? Wrong. Sexual promiscuity, drinking and drug taking as well as all the other things you mentioned have been in existence since before Christianity was even created. Have you read Sherlock Holmes books? He regularly smokes opium and injects himself with heroin because in those days, it was as regular an occurence to ease pain as our regular painkillers and paracetamol has become in modern times.

Your "atheist" friend was merely willing to show her true opinion on what is frankly a horrific teaching that you and other Christians in your class were learning. That kind of thinking from Christians such as yourself is not only ignorant, it also reminds me exactly why I despise all forms of man made religion because of how dangerous and destructive it is by attacking normal, regular, loving people in a way you did with your so-called "friend" for not sharing that bigoted and obtrusive view of the world.

If I were her, I really wouldn't have wanted you as a friend if you held such disdain. You and other Christians of your ilk (not tarring everyone with the same brush because some on ATS are actually quite responsive and easy to approach and get along with) preach about how atheists are evil for not tolerating your faith and your views and yet in your one post, you proved exactly how hypocritical your view is.

I don't believe in Jesus or God as I stated but I do believe in the message to get along as best we can and to love each other and ourselves.

If anyone in this thread is going to Hell then it's mor elikely to be yourself for being so bigoted and full of hate and prejudice for the poor girl you had as a friend and for people such as myself who live relatively better lives than you seem to with your bile and hate spewed on ATS for all to see.

Shame on you and I hope your Christian brethren on this forum cast you and your spiteful views and opinions out and disassociate themselves from such "loving" people as you because it's your kind that the Christian religion does NOT need.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by njl51
reply to post by adjensen

I am ignorant but it does say :
Matthew 24:
verse 29: Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened and moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.
versE 30: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth
mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

It would appear that tribulation might be occuring while men and women are doing their usual earthly tasks etc..
but I am not sure. Just be careful...

I'm not sure what you're asking, sorry. If you're asking whether I believe in the tribulation and the end of the age and the return of Christ, well, certainly, it's a foundational part of Christianity. If you're asking whether I believe in the Rapture, no, I do not, as there is only some vague references to it in the writings of Paul. I think that the Church will still have work to do during the tribulation, Revelation is quite clear about testimony and conversion still happening during that time.

I have heard that even some high up church officials do not really believe
everything in the bible..not sure so don't quote me..I like the King James version..the newer ones SOME say
are missing exact wording of the King James version.

Depending on your view of literalism, most Christians and Christian churches are not literalists. For myself, I think it unlikely that errors in transcription, mistranslations or misperceptions have not occurred, so I view the Bible as a holistic text and do not base my faith on the assurance that every bit is correct, or that every passage should be read literally, as opposed to allegorically in some cases.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

You know what I have to say to you? Good luck in your life. Pure and simple. Because there is ALOT more I could have said that would be labeled as extreme hate and bigotry such as the views of Westboro Baptists which are not right anyway. I could have been just like them but I wasn't. That Atheist girl was NOT a poor sweet innocent girl if she would disrespect us like that by scoffing and rolling her eyes at our beliefs. There is nothing innocent about her. Or any other person who thinks they are "good" people living without Christ.

If you don't want to listen, that's your problem. But don't you DARE try to demean me in the process when I'm telling you the basic BIBLICAL truth of life and what's to come. Don't you ever try to disrespect me like that. I did NOT condemn you or anyone else to Hell. I TOLD YOU about what people who call themselves "good" or people we call "good" who are not necessarily good in God's eyes. In life, they treat everyone so great and equal and give to charities and help little kids in poor countries but then later on the in same day curse the name of God and talk trash about Christians in their Atheist forums the next. Your REALLY think these people are good people?! You really think they deserve to go to Heaven?! If you were God, would you let yourself into Heaven?! I know I wouldn't. If I was God and created the universe and human beings and set things and laws a certain way and there's some humans that act good for everyone but when it comes to me, they don't believe in me and curse my name, but still give to charities and aid to children, why should they be allowed in my kingdom?! Why exactly would I allow someone like that in my house?! If I was a manger of a company and my employees are trash talking about me to everyone but giving relatively good service to all the customers, I would FIRE them on the spot. That's total disrespect, slander, & ungratefulness that you even got a job!! It's standard practice for employers to fire employees like this. So again, why, if I wouldn't allow them to keep their jobs, what makes you think God will allow people like that into his kingdom?! You sure as heck wouldn't so don't feed me your crap.

You can fool everyone else with your supposed "good" act but you will NEVER fool the most high God who sees and knows every little speck of your heart and what you do behind closed doors. The only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. Their will NEVER be another way. You being a good person is not enough, you being a nice person is not enough, giving to charities is not enough, protecting animals is not enough, caring for nature is not enough, raising your kids good is not enough, sacrificing your life for another is not enough, NONE OF YOUR WORKS WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH!!! The only way you'll be getting to Heaven is to simply do this. It's REALLY simple!!

1. Believe in your heart and confess with your mouth Jesus is the son of God and that he died on the cross for your sins.
2. Confess your sins to Jesus and ask for forgiveness.

That's it!!!! 1+1=2 and 2+2=4. It's so simple to have eternal life people call it a religion when it isn't one!!! It's simply a relationship with Christ!! If you really can't do those two simple things to have eternal life, then you deserve everything that you get. That's pathetic. People in Taiwan work complex computer problems 1MX harder than that and your really telling me you can't believe in Jesus that died the most horrific death on the cross for your sins?! You can't have relationship with him?! You can't pray to him for what 1-2 minutes out of your day?! Maybe 2 hours of church out of the whole week?! You can't confess your sins and give all your troubles in life away to him so you can live in peace with yourself?! All this is too hard to have eternal life in heaven?!! WOW. Amazing.

All I have to say now is that I'm done with you. I don't want anything more to do with you because you eff-ed up with me with your response that was entirely unwarranted. I don't care who the hell you think you are. Don't you EVER talk to me like that like your crazy. Because I guarantee I'm CRAZIER. You wouldn't talk to me like that if I met you in real life. Like most people, you have internet balls. You talk mad crap over the internet because it's anonymous, but when it's hammer time, you ain't got spit to spunk. Don't play me like that. Not in your life. I may be a Christian but I don't let anyone disrespect me like that. I didn't grow up in no white-bred neighborhood. I'm from the hood and it's always going to be apart of me. Christian or not. You want to talk like a mature adult and converse with me, do it. But don't start getting internet balls with the insults and slick comments.

edit on 21-2-2011 by ag893 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This is getting off topic and I apologise to the OP for that but honestly, this religious member who seems to enjoy attacking what's not in the Bible (which is based on ancient Greek myths by the way) is really off the mark in what can and can't be conceived as "good" or "evil".

No I won't accept or pray to Jesus to "save" me because Jesus is made up of several different mythical people from various different civilisations and pre-Christian religions (such as Paganism along with others) all combined into one to help spread the stories in your holy book.

Should I pray for Barney the dinosaur to save my soul too since he is also a creation of mankind's imagination and preaches love for your fellow man and getting along with others?

You know nothing about me yet still judge based on my belief that I am inherently evil and Satanistic? "Judge not lest ye be judged yourself" not ringing a bell or haven't you got to that part of the Bible yet because it disagrees with your crazy and miguided belief?

Other Christians (most of my friends are of that faith in fact) whether I know them personally or have had them respond to my posts on ATS have picked up on how good I am, told me I'm a good person, full of love yet somehow you can't because yuo're so bigoted against me and my ilk unless I'm forced to believe what you do?

All I can say is that you give your religion a bad name and trust me, other Christians who have seen your posts against me in this thread have stated to me how you are the exact kind of Christian that even they despise.

You think I have "internet balls"? Trust me, I'd say this to your face. Not my fault you can't have mature conversation and deal with differing opinions in a mature and adult way.

Shame on you.
edit on 21-2-2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

My last post, I'm done. Your next response to me will be useless. Goodnight, goodbye, and good luck with your life. You have been given the truth of God and the word. Don't say I didn't tell you and don't say no one warned you. May God have mercy on your soul and Godbless!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
No I won't accept or pray to Jesus to "save" me because Jesus is made up of several different mythical people from various different civilisations and pre-Christian religions (such as Paganism along with others) all combined into one to help spread the stories in your holy book.

Oh, you've seen Zeitgeist?

Though a seemingly common theory by many non-believers, there is little evidence of such similarities, and the sources used by Zeitgeist are so laughingly invalid that even skeptics and atheists feel the need to debunk them.

All I can say is that you give your religion a bad name and trust me, other Christians who have seen your posts against me in this thread have stated to me how you are the exact kind of Christian that even they despise.

Any Christian who would say that they "despise" another person, no matter who, no matter why, is not a true follower of Christ.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think that revelations is not stating that all the chosen people will disappear in a blink of an eye. from what I have learned is that the chosen people will remain on the earth for 1000 years after the second coming of christ. the bible states that jesus will come like a thief in the night, which means he will come quickly and with out warning. when the bible says that the meek will inherit the earth it means that after the second coming of christ the meek will have the power because satan cannot deceive the people anymore. the chosen people of christ will still be on the earth for 1000 years and after the 1000 years is over that is when jesus takes the chosen people and destroys the earth and the universe and create a new universe and a new earth and the chosen will live 4 e ternity in peace and happiness on the new earth. but that is just what I have learned from reading the bible. there is much much more to it but that is the general idea. my suggestion to the o p and anyone else on this thread is to go and read the bible for themselves. the bible is meant to be you read and interpreted by the reader. it is meant to bee interpreted by the reader however the reader interpret it. so I am not stating that my words are fact and that you should believe them, I am stating that this is how I have interpreted revelation.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ag893

Now ag893, if I may, as I am the OP of this thread, I would like to respectfully address you as one human being to another.

I am curious and I will even go so far as to say this may not be your fault but mine, as I had a bad editing skill prior to now. Earlier in this thread you basically mentioned in the conclusion of one of your responses;

People make that so hard and it really isn't!! Being a Christian is not about religion or being religious. It's about having a relationship with God pure and simple!

I in turn presented a question to you, sadly as I have all ready mentioned I edited badly and it seemed to go to "curious 7." I apologize for that curious 7, btw.

The point is though, my question to you was this:

So I am curious and must ask. If I find solace in Gods tree and choose to talk to it, or the wild life in my yard, or the mountain I may be standing on, am I not having a relationship with God, if my heart feels sincere in that manner? If my heart knows this is right for me, isn't that what important to God? I don't understand why it must have a label and directions to follow. Afterall, God gave me the tune of my drum,I think it would be insulting to say the least to not follow it. Actually, I feel fortunate that I recognize the beat of my drum for many go through life trying to dance to other peoples drum beat. Sad really.....

Now I won't blame you for not addressing it, but I do find it odd you notice and respond rather aggressively to "curious7" later in the post, yet will not respond to a more mundane peaceful musing.

You mentioned you fire a person doing a good job for you because they lack respect of you the owner basically.You would cast them out regardless of the good job they have done for you. You have even basically gone on to the point of ignore for your fellow man with a different opinion.This man does not appear to be a rapist, a murderer, a person of disrespect, yet just another man that has his own way of finding "His personal God." In other words he reads his own book or answers as I have mentioned above, his own drummer.

Does it matter not what instrument one plays in the band if the song fulfills the big picture? Are you saying only one flute must be played in harmony by all or the pearly gate will not open? The wolfs howl will clash with the ducks quack, therefor one or the other shall not be allowed? I think not for all are part of the equation. Even you should be able to acknowledge this much.

A wise man would give credit to his workers for doing a fine job and perhaps question the lack of disrespect from them to himself. Perhaps one can take pride in their work for that is their put together.It is how they go about things with or without the boss.This is a very good standered and one I would not let go of if I were a boss or owner of the company.Perhaps I would need to check myself if there was a disrespect towards me. Maybe something I should look at.Something that could make me better.

Now I am not saying God needs to earn respect. That is a man issue. God has most definitely earned my respect in all the creation. I will not question it and I will look upon it with wonder.

I dont know if God started with a song in his heart of a lyric or one drum, but I do know it is the symphony that has made the song glorious when all put together, and frankly, I think that was the whole idea to begin with. God is the conductor of this song, not you. You are a part of the orchestra as are all of we. The real question is when will we all realize we are playing in the same band? Even the obnoxious tuba has its own place...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Though a seemingly common theory by many non-believers, there is little evidence of such similarities, and the sources used by Zeitgeist are so laughingly invalid that even skeptics and atheists feel the need to debunk them.

Never heard of Zeitgeist, sorry.

History Channel show on "Who is the real Jesus?" and the like that pointed out similarities between Bible stories of Jesus and previous myths from early civilisations though I did watch and research, coming to the same conclusions.

Despite my lack of belief, as I stated elsewhere on the forums a month ago, it still interests me in Bible stories etc even if I don't believe.

I did find it interesting they said the career of the day was stonemasonry though and that Jesus may have been a stonemason like Joseph and not a carpenter with the host (a Christian and Bible scholar) taking part in masonry at a site most likely for Jesus and Joseph to have worked on carving stones
edit on 23-2-2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
"The Rapture" is a lie brought forward by the crypto-Babylonian Talmudist and NWO stooge Scofield. It is part of the planned presentation of the Anti-Christ, the False Messiah, as the saviour of mankind, during or after the Third (staged) World War.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Never heard of Zeitgeist, sorry.

History Channel show on "Who is the real Jesus?" and the like that pointed out similarities between Bible stories of Jesus and previous myths from early civilisations though I did watch and research, coming to the same conclusions.

There are some similarities here and there, but nowhere near enough to claim that the story of Christ was purloined from earlier belief systems. For radical claims, most of the "proof" that people cite goes back to sources that are 19th Century amateurs and speculators, who don't cite any sources for their claims and, in at least one instance, are clearly fabricated.

There was a movement in Germany in the 1800s called "liberal theology" (not politically liberal, just uses the same term) which was enough of a departure from orthodox Christianity that it spawned the quest for an historical Jesus, a Christ who was unfettered by the supernatural aspects of the Biblical portrayal. A lot of that thinking continues today, in places like Zeitgeist, the Jesus Seminar, or the program that you watched.

The problem, of course, is that the only evidence of Christ contains all of that supernatural "God" stuff, and so the finding of the 19th century German historical Jesus seekers was, not surprisingly, a Jesus not unlike an 19th century German liberal theology follower, because you can't really add anything to what we know about Christ, you can only subtract from it, and they subtracted all of the stuff that they disagreed with, and viola! Historical Jesus.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ahh, see that's one way of looking at it but the show I saw never mentioned any of that, it just showed and had the voiceover reading various elements of stories from ancient Greek myths about a man born of a god and that he was crucified after amassing a small following. Then they showed something from other pre-Christian myths (can't remember for the life of me now, it's been a while since it aired) that were indeed similar almost as if the same Greek myth had been spread to different parts of the Mediterranean and further when the Greeks set sail on the seas to find other lands.

It then showed a fast forward a few hundred years later when the Bible was first written and released to spread the word of this new religion called Christianity which had a variety of similarities to the pre-Christ Greek stories not only in the Old Testament but more specifically, in the Jesus tale.

Now I'm not saying it's wrong because the evidence gathered for the show actually made sense and seemed proven to be true but as a Christian, I can totally understand if you and others wish to disbelieve it because as a society and a species, it can be hard to take on board a totally different teaching to what you were brought up on.

That's why we have such religious intolerance with Muslims and Christians insulting and criticising each other plus more religions and even the arguments and in fighting between different factions of Christianity and Judaism on which section is right in their belief and interpretation of the Biblical scriptures.

Now despite this show giving facts and evidence to support it (very strong evidence in fact, just as strong as if somebody came up with a cartoon show based on a green coloured family called The Stimpsons in this generation based on the original yellow family we've all heard of), again, it's easier for me to take on board than if I was someone of religion because I can take it, evaluate the similarities between the Qo'ran and the Bible and help myself connect dots that way as my own interest in ancient cultures.

As I said, I find all religion to be dangerous and corrupt (as you can see from the post of my Christian friend above who attacked me and others for not believing what he believes out of nowehere seemingly) because the general message is the same regardless:

"Love everybody in equal measure and respect all as you wish to be respected"

The separation of religious factions puts less focus on that and more on "you believe differently, therefore you're evil and in league with Satan" which is unfortunate but as I stated, despite feeling that way about religion, I am interested in religious shows on History and Nat Geo as well as having quite a lot of Christian friends of all denominations.

Apologies if my post seems long winded and completely off topic on the discussion of Rapture but thank you Adjensen for enlightening me in your last post. I'll also know to avoid this Zeitgeist thing if I ever come across it because if there's one thing I hate, it's deception and a skewering of the facts.

Love and light everyone

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It then showed a fast forward a few hundred years later when the Bible was first written and released to spread the word of this new religion called Christianity which had a variety of similarities to the pre-Christ Greek stories not only in the Old Testament but more specifically, in the Jesus tale.

Well, there are a fair number of "some god sired a half man/half god offspring" stories -- Hercules, for example, but I'm not aware of any credible instances that significantly duplicate Christianity, so I'll try and catch that show the next time that it's on to determine what sources they're using.

If you read the Gospels in the New Testament, John shows some signs of Greek philosophical influence, but the other three are pretty steeped in Judaic tradition, and even John only really dabbles in the Greek stuff. Several other "early Christianities", such as the Gnostic Christians and Marcionites, reflected a much deeper view of the dualistic Greek beliefs, but Orthodox Christianity stayed away from it, because at its core, Orthodoxy is an extension of the Jewish faith, not a rejection of it (as the Gnostics and Marcion were.)

As I said, I find all religion to be dangerous and corrupt (as you can see from the post of my Christian friend above who attacked me and others for not believing what he believes out of nowehere seemingly) because the general message is the same regardless:

"Love everybody in equal measure and respect all as you wish to be respected"

Meh, as an Orthodox Christian, I find religion to be a reasonable centering thing, a means by which I can validate what my beliefs are. I do agree that one needs to be a bit wary of some of what various religions and people proclaim, but I have found that, if you measure it against that very appropriate message of Christ that you've quoted there, you'll stay out of trouble.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I didn't spend the time to read through all the posts to see if anyone else has said this.

The only people known to be taken up first before the wrath of God is poured out at the 7th and last trumpet is the 144,000/bride of christ.

They are the first fruits of God and have been sealed to not receive his judgement and wrath.

As the Bible says not everyone will sleep, but we'll all be changed, in a twinkling of an eye.

Some people will still be alive to see Jesus return and then will be changed, most will die from the wars and other things and then will be raised.

OTHERWISE

no ones going to be rescued from going through the "tribulation" they call it.

This is BS taught in churches.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Techyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

This is all good food for thought. In my own opinion (as I have done a lot of thinking about this as well), I believe that the various "Rapture" dates, as well as the mythology aheld to by the goodly portion of the New Age "11:11 Awakening Code" movement (transitioning into a new dimension in December 2012), and the extreme fear / hope such transmissions create, are deliberate "feeds" of information delivered via HAARP technology, in coordination with Project Blue Beam.

For more information on this - 3 quick videos - As well as a separate post on New Age 11:11 proponent David Sereda, go here:

1) thetruthabout1111awakeningcode.blogspot.com...

2) thetruthabout1111awakeningcode.blogspot.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join