It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the GOP has declared War on the middle and lower classes> What now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well it seems the GOP is not just after no taxes for the rich but now they want too take away any and all worker rights that were or could be negotiated and Wisc is their battleground.
The Gop has essentially declared War on anything that serves or could serve the General public.
This in favor of things that only save the Wealthy from being held accountable and paying their fair share.
I cant believe this is happening this way at all but I guess we did see it coming.
Whats wrong with Equality for all anyways GOP?
Id think everyone would benefit more from say laws that make the world economic game more level for the US but what do I know.......
BTW I really hope this isnt a War because it Will get Very Very Ugly knowing how us Americans are.
Yikes.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VType

It truley is sad but our apathy is what got us here same as Germany in the 1930's

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
The_Craven

Joseph Goebbels

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType
Well it seems the GOP is not just after no taxes for the rich but now they want too take away any and all worker rights that were or could be negotiated and Wisc is their battleground.
The Gop has essentially declared War on anything that serves or could serve the General public.

Umm. It seems to be that the state government doesn't have the funds to pay for the cost of government union demands. You appear to be reading way more into the situation.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VType

GOP? you mean the republocrats?
You know they are two heads of the same beast.
I thought we covered this already.
Surely there is something bigger in the works and this whole union thing is distraction.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Before January, they did have the necessary funds. I read that they were actually slated to have a $56million surplus.

Walker gins up 'crisis' to reward cronies

It is because Walker and his allies pushed through $140 million in new spending for special-interest groups in January. If the Legislature were simply to rescind Walker’s new spending schemes -- or delay their implementation until they are offset by fresh revenues -- the “crisis” would not exist.

He's not reading to much into it... You're not reading between the lines my friend.

edit on 18-2-2011 by Allegory of Illumination because: Formatting

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Id think everyone would benefit more from say laws that make the world economic game more level for the US but what do I know.......

Things are starting there with the G20 recently taking policy control away from the CRF at the IMF. This means that there is more global review starting to go into the international money system to help stabilise it. To achieve this the SDR is looking to become a new international currency unit backed by the currency of the member nations. There is a long history with the SDR for international trading and does look to be a good way to sort this mess out. There are a lot of technical financial policy decisions that need to be made to help make this work. Currently the world is speaking many different languages when it comes to money and it is causing a lot of problems. With Germany recently taking a half ownership of the New York stock exchange this is another important front to help balance the rule book. This is going to take a while to work out and there are many difficult challenges along the way.

As for the other issues you raised, when the people have no more to lose they will change the rules. While peaceful protests take a bit longer to work though it does produce the most beneficial change, you really do not want another dictator at the helm.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allegory of Illumination
He's not reading 'way' more into it than is there.... it's you who is not reading between the lines my friend

I agree I don't know all the details. However, the OP is making worthless accusations such as "the GOP has declared War on the middle and lower classes" and "they want too [sic] take away any and all worker rights" and "The Gop has essentially declared War on anything that serves or could serve the General public." Such statements are not only inaccurate but fail to address any of the key issues in this situation.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VType

I beg a correction. You state the "general public" but what you mean are unions. Unions aren't the "general public". They are an elitist class that gets special privileges.

edit on 18-2-2011 by beezzer because: I'm liquored up

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
God forbid public union employees should have to pay only half of what most private sector employees pay for their benefits.

The nerve! HALF!

These people in Wisconsin are nothing more than a bunch of spoiled brats. They can't have their ice cream for dessert and have to throw a temper tantrum.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

"Special Interest Spending" is the smear word for tax breaks to corporations. These are often awarded to companies for choosing to build and employ within the region. Columbia, MO went bonkers competing to have IBM set up shop in the region. This is because IBM could choose to build their business almost anywhere - another state, another county or city - and why should IBM pay an 8% tax when they can get a 4% tax rate somewhere else?

So, which is better? Give those evil corporations the bird and let them take their criminal institution elsewhere, you're just fine with your unemployment and underemployment rate? Or award tax breaks to corporations looking to set up shop, and welcome the higher skilled job market and the expansion those jobs bring to your blue collar and service industries?

I dunno - it's a tough decision, really.

When your taxes are so high that you have to -bid- in the form of tax breaks to 'win' a business setting up in your area - you have a broken tax system and too large of a budget. Since that describes most regions of the nation, we've all been living in an unsustainable system and trying to sweep the proverbial white elephant under a rug.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType
Whats wrong with Equality for all anyways GOP?

I would think requiring these employees to pay toward their own pensions and health insurance, on a level nearer what the rest of us pay, is seeking equality, wouldn't you?

In Wisconsin, the average teacher salary is $49,093 annually.
The average value of "fringe" benefits is $25,750 annually.
The total is $74,843 annually. dpi.state.wi.us...

The Wisconsin school year is 1137 hours (143 8 hour days) of instruction for grades 7-12 plus 6 teacher workdays (48 hours) =1185 hours which is $63.15 per hour in total average compensation or $41.43 in wages only.

While Statewide, the average salary is $24.51. www.bls.gov...

7% of Wisconsin's residents are unemployed, but those protesting and the Democrats who have shirked their duties are only concerned with themselves and the interests of the unions.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You must be blind. EYES WIDE SHUT

The GOP in Wisconsin are trying to take away collective bargaining rights of Workers

Almost all of them support the Patriot act extension

Are trying to prevent woman from their right to abortions

Trying to repeal the health care bill

Cut Medicaid, Medicare, social security

And many more things for the poor an middle class

What do you call all of that?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

You must be blind. EYES WIDE SHUT

What do you call all of that?

Trying to balance budgets.... You tell me how to keep the status quo with concrete ideas.......I'm listening. We spent far too much for far too long without taking in enough money to pay for it. What's your solution? Everything is probably going to end up being cut....nobody is going to like to take the bad tasting medicine. I really pity our kids.....they are the ones going to be left with the mess we have created.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by VType

I beg a correction. You state the "general public" but what you mean are unions. Unions aren't the "general public". They are an elitist class that gets special privileges.

Interesting. So the dirt poor mouth breathers working at the grocery store who bag cleaning solvents and other chemicals in the same bag as my fruits and vegetables are "an elitist class that gets special privileges"? REALLY?

Liquored up indeed!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
These left/right arguments are no longer legitimate. The days of living off the earnings of your grand-children are coming to an end. The greatest depression is just getting started. The entire system is going to collapse because for decades we've lived off other people's money and now that they money is drying up (or to be better stated the foreign creditors are drying up) and the dollar is ending is reign as the reserve currency all Americans are going to have to get use to a very different style of life.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by VType

Those damn elite firefighters and teachers with their offshore tax shelters, million dollar houses, shiny cars, flashy stars, for shame. Damn elite public workers! It makes me sick every day to drive to my NON union job and I have to go past all the teachers Mansions in the rich part of town.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
The GOP in Wisconsin are trying to take away collective bargaining rights of Workers

What "collective bargaining rights"? Where in the Constitution is that?

I think what you mean is they're confronting the unions about their ability to bend the taxpayer over. Personally I don't believe there should be unions involved with any government service jobs.

new topics

top topics

join