It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Geo-Engineered Cloud?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't have given this a second though except now that it's been brought to my attention this does look rather unusual, no? It looks like an otherwise crystal clear sky except for this monster cloud sitting low on the horizon.

Aren't clouds normally formed higher when water evaporates, rises, and fills up the atmosphere?

I realize Brighton is on the water but still, can clouds form that low? And if so could someone shed some light on how thess form? Please don't link in a bunch of other links leading to scientific websites. Just explain in layman words.

Thanks!

12/02/2011 - Brighton UK -

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Really nice pic, but looks like a plain old cumulonimbus cloud to me. These often form like this, where the rest of the sky is blue, seen it many times while living in Seattle, and here in Phoenix. See attached pic for another example. We are all looking for answers and things, but some things are just nature, this being one.

Ok, well, I guess I do not know how to link pic.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

[img]http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=cumulo+nimbus&view=detail&id=9B9BAFFC987D1752FD649B9BAFFC987D1752FD64&first=1&FORM=IDFRIR&qpvt=cumulo+nimbus[ /img]

See if this works

Nope...sure did not.
edit on 18-2-2011 by BigFrigginAl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Seriously? This isn't a joke?

C'mon man...I'm sure I've seen some good, inciteful threads from you in here, but this, an artificial cloud...?

It's just a regular, everyday english cloud. I genuinely don't understand why the woman in the vid was so paranoid about it!
As a UK resident myself, I can attest to the fact we get ones just like that all the time (especially lone clouds) and much, much weirder, but they are just clouds - not man made.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just another cumulonimbus cloud forming. The base of a cumulonibmus cloud is usually low, with the tops eventually reaching miles high. Also, it may look lower than it actually is because it is closer to the horizon, which create the optical illusion (Earth is round, not flat, so things in the distance can look weird because people don't percieve a round Earth).

new topics

top topics

join