It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71 Year Old Veteran & Silent Protester Violently Arrested At Hillary Clinton Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is just sickening!

VETERAN’S GROUP DEMANDS APOLOGY FROM SEC. OF STATE CLINTON

Could it be the U.S. government thinks peaceful, civilian protest against government is fine on the streets of Cairo, Egypt but not on U.S. soil?

As Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave a speech at George Washington University yesterday condemning governments that arrest protestors and do not allow free expression - and lauding freedom of speech on the Internet - 71-year-old military veteran Ray McGovern was grabbed from the audience in plain view of her by police and an unidentified official in plain clothes and hustled out of the building and, according to McGovern and his supporters, was “brutalized and left bleeding in jail.”

What McGovern did was simply remain standing silently in the audience and turned his back on her as Secretary Clinton began her speech.

That was it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Someone beat ya to it yesterday,,, sorry www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Does this surprise you ???

Time to do some letter writing isn't it folks, not that it will do any good.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Do as i say not as i do. hypocrites.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ray McGovern works with Tell the Word, the publishing arm of the ecumenical Church of the Saviour in inner-city Washington. He was an Army infantry/intelligence officer and then a CIA analyst for 27 years, where he served under seven U.S. presidents, presenting the morning intelligence briefings at the White House, and is now on the Steering Group of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS).

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Argen

You should post your source. Here, let me do it for you.

Ray McGovern

You're welcome.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You really need to change the title of this thread, because at no point was this individual violently arrested. As far as how people are viewed when protesting aginst Secretay Clinton as oppsed to other government officals, she is in the line of succesion for the Presidnency, as well as a former wife of the President.. Little bit of a different security view..

and again.. the arrest was anything but violent.

edit on 18-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

He was arrested and assaulted. Here are two other threads already about this. Mods?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

So, what is your definition of “brutalized and left bleeding in jail” for an unarmed silent protester? Just because Billary is 4th in line of succession for President, and former first lady?
edit on 2/18/11 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I would say I woul like an independant corroboration of his injuries / assault, and not from a person who is attached to the lawsuit, for obvious reasons. George Washington University is private property, not a public street, and even though he stood and had his back turned to her, he can still be asked to leave, as anyone can while on private property.

Using just the video that was linked, the removal looked in bounds to me. As far as bruising goes, the guy is 71 years old. Before jumping on that bandwgon I suggest people look up how easy it is to bruise skin when people get older. Even digit pressure can cause bruising with some people. As far as handcuffs go, the standard is the width of your pinky when placing them on (put them on, start latching them down, and when you can fit your pinky in between he cuffs and he skin, that is genrally enough room to keep the hands in the cuffs without causing injuries (at which point we double lock the cuffs so they cant latch down any tighter).

The other question I have, after the video segment, did something else occur with law enforcement that could have also caued the injuries?

Now, with this being said, and before I get lynched, I am just saying lets see all the info before making assumptions. If wrong doing on the side of law enforcement is verified, then by all means, prosecute em / file a civil lawsuit.

new topics

top topics

join