It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peculiar geese deaths baffle wildlife officials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
beta.toledoblade.com...

Several dozen Canada geese along western Lake Erie's shoreline have recently died or are presumed dead while others have become so sick they cannot hold up their heads, fly, or maintain control of their motor functions

Here is another case of birds dying with no explanation.

"They're throwing their heads back. They're losing all balance and literally almost all back-somersault and have a seizure," according to Laura Zitzelberger, operations director at Nature's Nursery. At least eight or nine of about a dozen geese that were brought to Nature's Nursery either died or had to be euthanized.

Their numbers aren't as large as some of the recent bird deaths, but from the description of what's happening sounds
familiar. I'm going to keep my eyes out for updates to this. The article says several dozen birds have died over the past couple of weeks.
edit on 18-2-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I starring and flagging because 1) I was getting ready to start a thread on this (about the geese) ! 2) The deaths of these geese are very strange!!!

They know how to find their way from North to South for millenia, but suddenly they are falling backwards on thier arses with no balance. Go figure....

I am very leery right now, something is not right....

new topics

join