It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on Tony Blair .......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This guy is definitly on the top of my cool peoples lists . He's putting his whole political career on the line , just to get support for the U.S. led war against Iraq. This guy is probably the most liked Britian from an american stand point. If he has nothing going for him in the U.K. , after the war is over . He can always come to America . What do you guys think about Tony Blair ?

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
As a Brit I'm frustrated and pissed off with a lot of his domestic policies but with regards to the Iraq crises I've grown to respect him a great deal.

It's not neccessarily because of the actions taken, I still waver on the fence about that, but because he has stuck to his principles and beliefs in the face of fierce criticism with regards to what he sees as the solution. I don't think there is any other agenda going on other than he wants to do the right thing as he sees it. For that more power to the bloke.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I am an American also and I LIKE the guy. The brits should be proud as hell of him. Tony Blair is a great man.

By the way you Brits!!!!! THANK YOU :-)

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Blair?
Money puppet, just like Bush, only raised in a 3 bedroom semi instead of a barn.

You want him? Take him. Please, god somebody just take him...
Thankfully, his political carear is now over. It's just a matter of time, and anyone in every pub, chipshop ands supermarket knows it as well as he does.
Lets just hope to christ that 'new' Labour crawls back off into some corner to die quietly (next to the torys), and that someone with an interest in making the country a nice place to live and not killing anybody in the process can be found to replace them.

And dont thank me, I don't want blood on my hands.

[Edited on 21-3-2003 by Rex_Monday]

arc

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   
As another Brit, my sentiments are very similar to road ghost's. He seems to have been trying to act all along as a moderating force on Bush, maybe seeing it as better to stick close where he can have some influence than to disagree totally and lose all say in the matter.

He has always seemed to be a politician who has tried to see beyond the Labour/Tory divide. I am curious as to how John Major (another who I had great respect for) would have reacted in this situation. Very similarly I suspect.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 02:49 AM
link   
while I'm about 5k% against this war, this guy's got some balls. From what I can tell he pretty much went against what every Britt is saying about this war. While I dont know much about his dosmestic policies, I have to respect him for putting his neck out there like that.

dom

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I think there is a general level of respect for him sticking to his principles. Which is somewhat confusing. All it really means is that Blair is totally pig-headed and unwilling to listen to the majority of his party, the people, or anyone else for that matter (other than George Bush and Donald Rumsfield). Is Blair deserving of respect or sympathy? More the latter in my opinion.

I actually think his domestic policies haven't been too awful, better than the tories, so I'm a bit shocked that he's burnt his bridges so thoroughly over Iraq. I'm inclined to agree with Rex, that his political career will be over in 8-12 months time.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 04:32 AM
link   
HE'S A KICK @SS BRIT! GO BLAIR!

HE'S ONLY LOOKING OUT FOR HIS PEOPLE
This is how the job gets done..............

[Edited on 26-3-2003 by U.S. Patriot]

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   
i think he is just another puppet, as bush as saddam they all have the same boss, they just have to keep this film running with sense.....

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoLD aNGeR
i think he is just another puppet, as bush as saddam they all have the same boss, they just have to keep this film running with sense.....

Tony blair is a lawless bitch

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have no love for labour or any party for that matter they are all in it for themselves & dont give to a damn about britain but just wont a few Jags & a rent boy but i gotta say that blair has changed my opion of him @ least.

I total respect him for how his handled everthing in this last few months. I dont see him as bush's lap dog i think that they are both standing tall 2gether on this matter as allies shud.

I feel that Britain & the US are more than just allies though. I myself hav family & friends in UK & US & im sure there are others on this site who are the same. I real carnt see anyother outcome in any situation were we woudnt help eachother out.(apart from that whole war of independance thing
).

i must warn you americans though that Tony blair comes with a prices & it is the scarest thing on god's earth.His wife! im telling ya wen she smiles i feel like cutting my eyes out , i think it wud b less painfull than looking @ her face.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I'll not pretend to know you Brits' business or whether Blair is doing a good job. While I would like to say is how awesome the little fellow's backbone is and how articulate he is. While I'm not one of the numerous Bush-haters we have here, I do hate to listen to him working from a teleprompter or script. Off the cuff, he's a great, earthy speaker. Scripted, however, he is terrible.
Blair, on the other hand, is fantastic.

dom

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Yep TC, Blair is a very good speaker, and a very intelligent person.

In my mind however, that makes his support of this war even more of a crime. Firstly he adds a voice of reason to the pro-war camp, secondly he's intelligent enough that we can assume he does actually know what's at stake (unlike Dubya).

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
That's probably why I'm willing to listen to his veiws.

Bye the way as to opinion over here, the pro's and antis are split roughly fifty/fifty at the moment. Much like the US.

top topics

join