It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helen Thomas: Jews not persecuted since Holocaust

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Helen Thomas: Jews not persecuted since Holocaust

www.thejc.com

Helen Thomas, who last summer was filmed saying that Jews should "get the hell out of Palestine", said in a CNN interview that Jewish people did not have to leave Europe after the Holocaust.

The 90-year-old said: "They didn't have to go anywhere really, because they weren’t being persecuted anymore.

“There hasn't been persecution since…World War Two.”

She added: "[The Jews] are not Semites. I mean, most of them are from Europe."

Elan Steinberg, vice-president of the American Gatherin
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The comments come from this:

I never really understood why people said that it was wrong for her to tell jewish people to go back to Germany.
Saying that this is wrong because of the holocause is like saying it's wrong to tell Black people to go to America because of the slavery period.

Even worse, should we tell Indians living in the west to never go back to India because of the British empire period when many indians died?

It makes no sense at all

If anything, if I were Jewish I would very much want to return to my roots and not move to Israel just because Israel is called Israel, coming from the biblical "Israelites" of course.
Naming Israel Israel was very much a political move.

Thoughts ATS?
Was she wrong, and is she wrong today again?

Or am I wrong, are jewish people still persecuted?

www.thejc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Jewish people are still persecuted, and I know that because there are still Nazi networks running all over Europe and the US. Hell the US has a town full o the buggers, and they are all adamant that no one is allowed in there town if they are Jewish, black, Muslim, Gay, or any of the other minority groups that Nazis villified.
Me, Im a Christian, but I have had my run ins with the fascists in my own town, because I tend to beat the living hell out of anyone who insults the sacrifices of my grandfathers by allying themselves with fascism, and when I see fascism in action, I go to action too.
Its still happening, and this Helen Thomas person should either get informed or shut her mouth.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yeah, Jews are persecuted. So are Christians, Muslims, Hindu's, Atheists, Pagans...

So are Blacks, Reds, Yellows, and Browns.. even some Whites...

So are people with long hair, people with no hair, prople with green hair, blue hair, red hair...

Everyone is persecuted depending on the point of view.

What I don't see anymore is Jews being rounded up or denied jobs en masse. I don't see Jews being locked into a Ghetto with no power and little food.

edit on 2-18-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Theyve been too busy persecuting palestinians ...
Seems thats ok though as poor palestinians arent the "chosen ones" ...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Its still happening, and this Helen Thomas person should either get informed or shut her mouth.

If it's happening to everyone then it's not happening to anyone, it's just life!

And I don't know if you know who Helen Thomas is but trust me she is very much an informed person who is not afraid to speak her mind.

The last thing Helen Thomas should do is shut her mouth, in fact she should be more vocal.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Israel reminds me of the spoiled child that has learned that when he gets a booboo, he gets what
he wants for a while and he naturally exploits this sympathy for as long as he can.
Its up to the parent to realize when enough is enough and put a stop to it.

The one problem is Israels ace in the hole, they yell anti-semitism anytime someone tries to say enough is enough.
There has to be a "parent" out there somewhere that isnt afraid.. somewhere? anywhere? no, not yet i guess

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I highly recommend the movie "Defamation" if you haven't seen it. If Jews aren't being persecuted today, they sure make the kids think everyone is out to get them through their slick brainwashing tactics.

EDIT: I posted the trailer then found out the full movie is on youtube.

edit on 18-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

What I am saying is , if she wishes to comment, she had better make damned sure she is being accurate. While there are Nazis still abroad in the world, there is still a problem. If she fails to realise that, then she is either being deliberately obtuse, or is under informed. Neither qualifies her to comment. Only being aware of the facts, and capable of verbalising them accurately would qualify her to speak on the matter.
In 2008 she was interviewed by Susan Stewart for the New York Times, and said "I censored myself for 50 years when I was a reporter. Now I wake up and ask myself, ' Who do I hate today?' ". Well I think its pretty clear who she hates today. This is just another example of an octogenarian media figure thinking that age is a catch all excuse for bad form, and taking an oppertunity to be a rascist, biased cow ,and say all the things that would have gotten her justly sacked from any newspaper not allied with a fascist , right wing agenda. She ought to be ashamed of her self.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Jewish people are still persecuted, and I know that because there are still Nazi networks running all over Europe and the US. Hell the US has a town full o the buggers, and they are all adamant that no one is allowed in there town if they are Jewish, black, Muslim, Gay, or any of the other minority groups that Nazis villified.
Me, Im a Christian, but I have had my run ins with the fascists in my own town, because I tend to beat the living hell out of anyone who insults the sacrifices of my grandfathers by allying themselves with fascism, and when I see fascism in action, I go to action too.

Did you watch the video? Ms. Thomas was saying that Israel should stop persecuting the Palestinians. When asked where they should go instead of overtaking Palestine, she replied they didn't have to move in the first place because they weren't being persecuted anymore. Since you state that seemingly everyone is being persecuted by the Nazi's everywhere in the world, then how does this detract from her comments?

Apparently you knee-jerk reacted to the title on the thread. Perhaps you should watch the whole video.

The part I found sickening was the interviewer's bias that Ms. Thomas was racist in some way just because she was against the Israeli occupation and persecution of Palestine.
edit on 18/2/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I love this woman's bright mind and strong spirit.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Very few groups of people have faced organized efforts to wipe them out and the Jews have faced several in just the past 100 years. The Final Solution was followed up less than 10 years by the Doctor’s Plot, which had Stalin lived another five years would have replicated the genocidal machinations of the Nazis. The Arab-Israeli wars of 48, 56, 67 and 73 would have meant the elimination of every Jewish man woman and child had the Arabs been victorious. The state of Israel and the worldwide Jewish Diaspora has a very vivid memory of these events because they are only a few generations removed from them.

Would any of you want to voluntarily return to a nation whose people tried to systematically annihilate your ethnic group?

While the Israeli treatment of Arabs in the occupied territories is certainly a stain on them, the Palestinians are treated no better in the rest of the Arab world and Israeli Arabs are the only Muslim community anywhere in the region that legally participates in a democratic government.

And yes the Israelis to play the anti-Semitism card to deflect legitimate criticisms but lets not overlook the fact that their neighbors salivate at the thought of a new Final Solution and are very vocal about it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Yes, there are nazi networks running all over Europe and the US, I agree. And they are persecuting all of us. They run the banks, they run the governments, the corporations, etc.

There is no special case to be made for jews as victims in the mass persecution being perpetrated on billions of people in today's world.
edit on 18-2-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Would any of you want to voluntarily return to a nation whose people tried to systematically annihilate your ethnic group?

I dunno. Let me go ask a Cherokee.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

There definitely have been other programmes to wipe out huge numbers of people, the genocide in Russia for example.

For some reason the other genocides, some of which involved much greater numbers, don't get the same publicity as the WW2 'holocaust'. This might be something to do with the fact that the Zionists control most of the world's mass media.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Are you saying that the people of Germany are still Nazi's?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Are you saying the Arabs were attacking israel because they were jewish. Could it be cause they saw them as invaders?

I'm thinking the outcome would have been the same weather it was japanese, africans or whoever.

Of course its easier just to say these people hate us for who we are and not as the result our actions. That's probably one of the biggest hurdles Jews need to get over.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by SirMike

For some reason the other genocides, some of which involved much greater numbers, don't get the same publicity as the WW2 'holocaust'. This might be something to do with the fact that the Zionists control most of the world's mass media.

Very true!
Recent examples: Bosnia, Rwanda, Darfur, and... perhaps Palestine?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I don't understand her comments at all.

There were a large number of Jewish people - many of whom fled pre-WWII persecution in Europe - in Israel long before the country came into its modern existence in 1948.

As for saying that ''they have not been persecuted since WWII'', well, maybe so, but that's really easy to say 65 years later, isn't it ?

If you were a Jew in a European country in the late 1940s or early 1950s, would you think: ''The Holocaust was over a few years ago, everything's going to be hunkydory for us in Europe now !'' ?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
If you were a Jew in a European country in the late 1940s or early 1950s, would you think: ''The Holocaust was over a few years ago, everything's going to be hunkydory for us in Europe now !'' ?

If africans continue to come to the U.S. then why not?

Not only that but isn't it illegal to be a holocaust denier in Germany and Austria?
How is that not the govt. appeasing to them?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join