It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWB compliant not enough to avoid mass raids/arrests in NY

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hmmmmnnnn just a thought. With the very real possibility of civil unrest just around the corner for any number of reasons including but not limited to food shortages, could it be a tightening of automatic weapons that could cause maximum damage during a civil revolt? If so then things could soon get a lot tighter.

edit on 18-2-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
Hmmmmnnnn just a thought. With the very real possibility of civil unrest just around the corner for any number of reasons including but not limited to food shortages, could it be a tightening of automatic weapons that could cause maximum damage during a civil revolt? If so then things could soon get a lot tighter.

edit on 18-2-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

Automatic weapons are not what is being discussed here.

We are discussing semi-automatic(one pull one fire) weapons.

My AR 15s are not "automatic" weapons and are NOT
combat rifles. They may LOOK like combat rifles, but
no one in their right mind would take non-selective fire weapons
or semi-auto weapons into force on force combat without suppressive
fire capabilities.

edit on 18-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This sounds a lot like a case of a DA with a "pet issue" combined with political ambitions who has created a tempest in a teapot to further her own ends.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have been deer hunting with an AK-47 and it is great.

The emotional response from the highly functioning retards that are the majority of this country is
one of shock. The mental image this conjures up is one of a guy standing in a field Mowing down poor innocent little deer with a fully automatic machine gun.

I have to explain to said highly functioning retards (HFR) that I only use a five round magazine as required by law
and it is not fully automatic. One shot at a time.

Now, explain to me why we can't use these weapons for hunting. (rhetorical)

As has been pointed out, if you have an "Assult Rifle" you ARE dangerous.
It is a purely emotional response. There is NO logic to this thinking whatsoever.

My neighbor (Whom I seldom speak to)didn't seem to mind my dangerous weapon last week.
I live in a very quiet secluded neighborhood/community on the outshirts of town.
She has dogs, I have dogs.
Hers were out in the yard. I saw two Coyotes coming on to her property and Shot and killed one with...........
An AK-47!!!! Oooooooh, I'm a madman.

I got a very polite and sincere "Thank You" which is exactly how it should be.
If my neighbor had been one of these HFRs that littler my country I may be in jail right now or on the front page
of Drudge or both.

If these rights aren't fought for now, when it is time to fight we will be doing it with Rocks.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Hold on now.. where in the Constitution does it say
"The right to bare arms for hunting purposes and hunting purposes only"

Someone needs to tell this dillhole that some of us do want weapons for the intention of warfare! Whether or not that's against ass-hats like him, or some crazed meth addict trying to break into my home.. I want to know that what I am packing is enough to match what others can bring at me. I don't personally own a "Assault Weapon" (wtf ever that's supposed to mean) but if I wanted one, I should have the right to buy one.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I really hate the term "assault rifle". I could modify the stock of my Ruger 10/22 with an Archangel kit to make it look similar to an AR and get censured by the community of anti-rights (not anti-gun, but anti-rights) nuts. IT'S THE SAME GUN.

An AR shooting .223 would be banned, while a "hunting rifle" in .308 would be OK. Never mind the fact that said "hunting rifle" is more accurate at long distances, and more powerful at any range. Oh, and BTW, pistol grips just get in the way for me. I can take you down at 5 yards or 500 yards without them just fine. Thank God I live in Texas, though my family is seriously thinking about a move to New Hampshire (decades of Texas heat...we've had it!).

/TOA

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The anti-self defense crowd never rests. This is intimidation to scare others into not risking buying any of these weapons even if they are compliant. Also to bankrupt gun dealers trying to fight it in thier de facto courts.

If the S ever HTF there will be lots of guys like these DA and politician types hanging from lamp posts and near by trees.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by projectvxn

It's terrifying when you really step back and consider how much of our lives is really at the whim of some politician.

Slavery, freedom, wealth, despair, even life and death.

Just one politician with a bad attitude and your life has changed forever if you're so permitted to continue living your life.

There's a big heavy dagger hanging above all of our heads by a hair. These days it doesnt take much to snap it.

Profound. S&F just for this statement.

Millions of American families are quietly going down, thanks to the insane parasitic 'just us' system.

Those shop owners and clerks need probono legal defense, and the pro 2nd community needs to step up and keep them and theirs mortgages and/or rent paid until these cases blow over (which could take years).

...everyone with a penis could be arrested...

Are being arrested. When the country hits the RESTART button, we're going to have to forgive and forget and burn all the old records for everyone who was victimized by this illegal lying gov't...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join