It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Egypt's Revolution Spark a Domino Effect?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
You can bet your sweet ass it will.

Shadi Hamid of the Brookings Doha Center said on "Washington Unplugged" Monday that the revolutions in Egypt and Tunisia could spark similar outcomes throughout the Middle East.

"We're seeing protests all throughout the region, people are drawing inspirations from the Egyptian model, and what I think people are saying is if it first happened in Tunisia, and now that it's happened in Egypt, why can't it happen elsewhere?" Hamid told CBS News senior White House correspondent Bill Plante. Protests have been seen in recent days in Algeria, Yemen, Jordan, Bahrain and Iran.

As Plante noted, though Hosni Mubarak is no longer the president of Egypt, protesters remain on the streets in that country in an effort to remind the military "who's in charge of Egypt's revolution."

Hamid pointed to the "end of this so-called stability-paradigm," stating that countries throughout the Middle East are suddenly taking new approaches to respond to their citizens' needs. "Some [countries] are trying essentially to bribe their citizens, as we've seen in Kuwait," he said. Hamid added that the United States should try to adapt its foreign policy accordingly.

"We're seeing protests emerge everywhere," he said. "Yemen could be next. Jordan could be next. It's really hard to tell."

Beware of the domino effect we are going to be seeing all over the world within the next year. I have a strong feeling that this is all a part of the plan for a new world order. Don't believe everything you see, hear, or read. And always remember... The REAL revolution WILL NOT be televised.

Source

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It already has, hasn't it? What am I missing here?
More accurately, Egypt came second - the sequence of events having been 'sparked' by Tunisia.
edit on 18-2-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

I don't think it has anything to do with the New World Order.

I think it has to do more with the Middle-Eastern peoples growing tired of living in poverty, dealing with rising food prices and poor health care.

The domino effect has already started. In Bahrain (www.bbc.co.uk...) and in Libya (www.bbc.co.uk...) and its started by the people, through social networking. In Egypt, people are still celebrating the overthrow of a tyrant (www.bbc.co.uk...). I think the worst thing we could possibly be worried about is if Egypt and Israel get into a battle over the Suez Canal (also known as oil) and force the EU and US to pick sides, which the US Government would most definitely side with Israel. I think this kind of social reform is an example of how a NWO would never be accepted by the people of world.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up! Yep, I think I saw some graphics on tv or somewhere even showing actual dominoes with the names of various nations written on them!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Too many revolutionary movements devolve into totalitarian regimes as bad, or sometimes worse that the ones they replaced. A large number of revolutionary movements see democracy as one man, one vote, one time. Dont assume that because revolutions are and may continue to sweep the middle east, it means democracy and moderation will follow.

Its good to remember what Orwell wrote about revolutionary movements: One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
... and I agree its all part of the leadup to the NWO.

new topics

top topics

join