It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugs Vanish From Government Forensic Lab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

SAN FRANCISCO — Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory failed to properly track coc aine, amphetamines, opium and black tar heroin that undergoes forensic evidence testing and other uses, leaving personnel unable to determine if the drugs had been misused or misappropriated, according to a federal report.

Some drugs were missing, while opium and black tar heroin were found in greater amounts than lab records showed were purchased legally, the Energy Department's inspector general said in the report, released Thursday.

Missing? Did they search up the noses of these folks? If this had occured in a privately owned pharmacy, there would have been stronger allegations of abuse instead of "less than stellar record keeping".

The inspector general's report said records showed the lab had 12 milligrams of heroin on hand. But the actual weight of the sample was 244 milligrams.

Bono said scientists at the lab believe the dramatic weight increase may have simply resulted from the drug sample absorbing moisture from the air.

I wonder if a run of the mill drug addict/user could use this same defense in court and have the charges reduced or thrown out? Double standard anyone?

In addition, inspectors found records at the lab for one bottle of coc aine hydrochloride but no references to the amount inside. There were also references to two additional shipments of coc aine hydrochloride in 2006, but it was unclear if those shipments ever arrived.

I understand mistakes happen. But over and over and over again? Something doesn't pass the smell test here. Having more drugs than needed is suspicious because if the extra amount disappears, no one is the wiser. Two additioal shipments never arrived? One could be considered a fluke. Two creates doubt.

www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 2/18/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hahahahahaha. Of course they do!

When cops confiscate your w@@d, pipes or weapons, they go "missing" too.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

I believe a lot of it does wind up "missing". A few years back our sheriffs department made national news for missing evidence and taking bribes. In the end several wel known drug dealers had to be released (tampering with evidence) from jail, the sheriff pulled a little over a year in jail, and many deputies plead out or pulled time.

Drugs disappearing of their own accord simply doesn't happen, so you make a very valid point.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Duff me out once, shame on me......Duff me out twice, I must work for the Govt., shame on me again. There is no real lesson here.

top topics

join