It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barbara Lee, Ron Paul float bill to end Afghanistan war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

two House Republicans to introduce a bill Thursday that they say would end the war in Afghanistan.
The bill that Lee, D-Oakland, co-authored with Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, and Rep. Walter Jones, R-N.C., would require that any money appropriated for the war in Afghanistan "shall be obligated and expended only for purposes of providing for the safe and orderly withdrawal from Afghanistan of all members of the Armed Forces and Department of Defense contractor personnel."

Lee said the bill already has about 46 co-sponsors from both sides of the aisle.

www.mercurynews.com...

I already like it!
Sometimes enough is enough
In this case enough is already too much

So just end the damn war immediately!
This will make both countries safer, otherwise there will never be a withdrawal

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I agree, this war costs too much, and isn't doing anything constructive, if the people of Afghanistan want a democracy they will do it on their own, we don't need to put in some puppet dictator.

We seriously aren't looking for Osama Bin Laden anymore, and most Muslims actually reject the ideology of Al Qaeda, so all in all we don't really need to be there.

The only real reason we are in Afghanistan is because of the natural gas pipeline being built through the country.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Absolutely, I think if we were going to accomplish something over there, it would have happened at some point over the last 10yrs.

new topics

join