It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making the blind see - with magic (NO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hello everybody

For some weeks ago I saw a show where 2 magicians did what magicians do.
But there was a scene from that, where they say they will make a blind person see again!

Here is the video:

Now, we all know its fake. I just wonder, how is it even legal to do such things? I mean, they maybe give false hopes, or do they know, that all who see their show, think/knows that they are cheating?

I love magic, but I hate magic when they need to use special effects(Chris Angle anyone?), or just simply lie, like they do in this video.

So now, what do you think?
Is it OK to do this as a show, or do you find it unnecessary to 'hoax' this up?
I myself, dont understand why they want to do this.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
well, I was about to watch the vid and am shocked to find channel 4 calling copyrights on this, last time I watch channel 4 for a while.

things like this, and chris angel in general (lol chris 'angle' xD makes slightly more sense that way around) destroy any idea of true magic, like the rope trick, which you can be executed for performing in several countries.

the best show of magic in the sense of truth I remember was david blaine when he went to africa, and people there we're floating leaves around their hands and he generally went around doing small hand co-ordination tricks and trying to learn the true magic. and also derren brown because he at least admits "I am £$^^ with your mind, once you understand that you will realise most magic is bs"

and that masked guy who used to do that show explaining each trick in epic detail, that show was awesome.

but yea, totally no one should be able to claim they can heal the blind unless they legitimatly can, like with laser surgery or something. else its false advertising.

again, shame on you channel 4...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by madscientistintraining

Yes David Blaine was good!

But magic today is not what it used to be I guess?
I just dont understand how they even can get it aired?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

i think they have came through a process to make people believe that magic is not a bad thing.

you can see it in movies such as Harry Potter that they do magic and they have good and humanistic means.

but I think when we refer to what we believe we can see that it is forbidden to do such things.

we should try and work to get to what we want and we should think constantly and differently to find a way.

new topics

top topics

join