It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court to give eligibility case another look (President Obama's status as a citizen)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

I can see where your coming from. But one thing is true:

Both sides do it, Republicans tend to be a bit more proficient at it and it certainly helps to have a propaganda machine in the form of Fox news at their disposal.

yes they both do it, lets not forget that the liberal side has CNN, MSNBC, and others. So I'd have to agree, they both spin their stories with the use of the media outlets.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So, let's suppose that the Supreme Court does take a look at Obama's eligibility and that they find he is Constitutionally ineligible to hold the office of POTUS. What then?

This has never happened in the history of America, so what is the punishment for a person illegally running for and taking the office of POTUS? And if he is not eligible, does that mean that every document that he signed while in that position of authority illegally is null and void? Does that also mean that all those people that he appointed to official positions under his authority were unlawfully appointed and that they will be removed from their positions?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Underworlds

That si the 64k dollar question, and would open up a massive can of worms. Any type of treaty or legislation he has signed could technically be invalidated with other massive issues on the home front. Military commands he ordered or approved could become a massive issue as well.

If I had to guess a lot of the "legal issues" could be dealt with by invoking the famous term - "acting in good faith". If you do something that is based on information that, at the time, looks credible, or comes from a credible source, then you are acting in good faith since the person / source has never lied before.

Obviously it would work for some ares but not others. If anything, its entirely possible the last Congress would be up a creek without a paddle, since they are the ones who have to certify the election results.

From a broad view looking in, its a massive cluster.

Applying some common sense, a lot of the cluster could most likely be fixed by using some basic common sense approaches (if Obama were removed, then biden could just sign all of the stuff Obama did, and anything that occured before obama took office (that obama changed when he was in office) would possibly just revert back to the last known legal status.

As much of a headache as it would be, I think our Constitution would get us through it, along with the courts.

Personally speaking I would like to see something in place for all elections here on out that requires a person to submit proof they are eligible to hold the office they are running for. Before people start calling me a racist or what not, the Office of the President is by far the most restrictive office in terms of requirements.

Must be natural born to be President of the US.
Must be a citizen, but non natural, to be Govenor of a state (The Govinator from Cali, and Grandholm from MI - Shes a kanuck).
According to Justice Thomas there is no citizenship requirement to be appointed to the Supreme Court.

Either or, better to put something in place now, to protect us later...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Underworlds

Hypothetically, if he was found to have been ineligible and all that jazz. I would hope the punishment would be less than was was levied at the president who tarnished America with innocent blood in the form of torturing and lies that lead to war resulting in millions dead or crippled or suffering in various ways. A president who's records office mysteriously caught fire near time of leaving said office. A president who's real goal was nothing more than to make money for himself, his family and his friends while screwing everyone over.

I would hope it would be less than that.. But.. Oh wait.. That guys punishment was to be paid thousands of dollars to give motivational speeches...

Sad world this is when a contrived scandal on birth certificate is an issue to people.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well, if it is found by the SCOTUS that he is ineligible, I would certainly hope that immediately following his removal from office actions are taken against the last Congress for turning a blind eye to this matter when so many Americans were calling out to them for the truth. I would also hope that actions are taken to correct the wrongs that have been done against people such as LTC Lakin who was punished for standing up for America.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Update:

www.supremecourt.gov.../docketfiles/10-678.htm

Feb 16 2011 DISTRIBUTED for Conference of March 4, 2011.

So far, no responses posted by SCOTUS.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

The SCOTUS has 24 hours to post there decision on the conference. Being its done on a Friday, I would suspect the info will come out sometime on Monday or Tuesday, depending on what they consider a work day.

Obama lawyers made no motions, let alone acknowledge the request, which usually means the Obama legal team is confident that the SC will not move on the case.

As a few other sites have stated, if the Supreme Court challenge fails, then the next Presidential election cycle will require one of the Presidential contenders to challenge Obamas status as meeting all qualifactions to hold the Office of the President.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join