It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeleine McCann is In America!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

No...so sorry, that is why we (Germanic) are not friends, my Russian friends, my English friends, my friends from all over the world did not agree with her criticism that it was a cultural difference and I was the ugly American.

Destination Now... I just was not clear. I would not assign that to a culture or a peoples.

Of course, it was b*llsh*t. I was devastated when she said this. People will rationalize whatever they must to maintain their illusions of reality. What I really believe...my friend married a very wealthy much older man who gave her the son of her dreams. But that man had to come first...or else. Pre nup and everything. She has the new Mercedes SUV, but at a price.

What I can I say, I live in Los Angeles...I have so many stories that are so heart breaking.

Nonetheless, this is neither the time nor place and Destination Now...I just did not write the piece correctly I am with you totally.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

No problem, you did not offend me in any way, nor did I think you assumed all of us Europeans are child neglectors

But the McCanns did make a big thing of saying that it was common practice in the UK when it's not, and sadly many other nationalities took it at face value and believed it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by Predator90
Is this still going on..

i do feel for the mcanns but in all fairness , if they were good parents and didn't leave their three young children unattended in a hotel room on there own none of this would of happened.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this blame the victim thing, which is getting pretty old, is based on a complete misunderstanding!
The parents, according to a doco shown here (NZ) a few years back, showed that the hotel room where the McCanns left their children was all of 10 metres away from and in view of the dining room where they were, and on the same level!
Why are people so eager to blame the parents? So they'll feel superior, so they'll feel secure that as they are good parents, it won't happen to them?
News flash. Terrible things can happen to the most conscientious parents.
Just last night, I saw a news item on a TV magazine programme about a father who came home to find his 4 month old baby son alone in the house, crying his poor little heart out!
The nanny he'd hired from a reputable agency, had pissed off in the middle of the day, leaving the baby, and had apparently done it before, thinking she would be back before the parents came home from work, as she had done before.
Luckily the baby was distressed but otherwise unharmed.
Vicky

Question: Would YOU leave your children unattended in a foreign appartment so you could go out to dinner with your friends? I know I sure wouldn't. Even if I could see the appartment from where I was leisurely drinking and eating. Sorry but they should have blame placed on them for negligence. They failed to protect their children adequately. Sorry but if you go on holiday with your young children then DON'T expect to sod off for the night without them! Family holiday means FAMILY holiday. They acted irresponsibly and no amount of excuses will make that any less true.
If she even was abducted.

Just last night, I saw a news item on a TV magazine programme about a father who came home to find his 4 month old baby son alone in the house, crying his poor little heart out! The nanny he'd hired from a reputable agency, had pissed off in the middle of the day, leaving the baby, and had apparently done it before, thinking she would be back before the parents came home from work, as she had done before. Luckily the baby was distressed but otherwise unharmed.

That is entirely different! The father employed a Nanny to care for his child. The Nanny left the child alone not the parent. In the McCann case it was the parents who left the children alone.
edit on 18-2-2011 by ScorpioRising because: (no reason given)

The distance from the apartment to the restruant was equal to a large garden approx., 10 meters now would you leave your kids sleeping while you had a BBQ - get the facts!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
Well the McCann's PR certainly worked. I can't believe that people still think that the McCann's just made a mistake, and that it was like dining in the back garden (Gerry McCann's words)

9 children, all under 4, one who was 8 months old, were left in various apartments on their own in an unsecure holiday complex, whilst their parents went to the tapas bar, that was 120 metres away, with a swimming pool between the bar and the apartments, not just one night, but every night of the holiday. One of the nights, a neighbour who owned the apartment above where the McCann's were staying, heard a child crying for 75 mins, before one of the parents returned and the crying stopped. Even if leaving the children on their own was the McCann's and their friends only crime, it is still a crime, parents are prosecuted all the time for leaving young children when none of them have come to harm, and will do jail time if something does happen. This is not a mistake, it is neglect, plain and simple, a mistake is forgetting to put your child's gym kit in their school bag, and yes, most parents have made mistakes like that, but I do not know of any parent who would leave a child under 4 to go to a bar (yes some parents do that and they are quite rightly prosectued and vilified by the public)

Anything can happen to a child, yes accidents can happen when you are there, but at least you are there and whilst sadly some tragedys cannot be avoided, to willfully leave young children like that is criminal...And I don't want to hear the next McCann soundbite..."oh but they've suffered enough" Nonsense, what about the suffering of the children, left alone, in the dark, in an unfamiliar apartment in a foreign country, even if they just woke up and were scared, that is bad enough, let alone if they choke, are unwell, fall over, or for that matter if a fire breaks out! 30 minutes (the times between checks according to the McCanns and their friends) is way too long, the damage has been done!

I've followed this case since it broke, and many things have not sat properly with me, the immediate hiring of lawyers and PR spokespersons, the huge media blaze, the parents going jogging, jetting off round the world and to meet the pope, (leaving their remaining children in Portugal in the creche) the organising of events weeks in advance to mark the 50th day of Madeleine's disappearance, she could have turned up by then! The setting up of a fund, (not a charity as they like to imply, a private limited company, of which Kate and Gerry McCann are directors, and of course they paid mortgage payments from it...money that schoolkids and pensioners donated to search for their daughter) The fund that has spent 13% of donations on the actual search, the rest on lawyers and PR etc. The immediate slagging off of the Portuguese police, even though the night Madeleine disappeared, the parents didn't actually go out and search themselves, because it was too dark...Though the entire population of Praia de Luz were out combing the streets and remained doing so for days, as did the police!

The Lies, the contradictions, the never ending media hype, their downright weird behaviour...But most of all the evidence of the sniffer dogs that were brought in some time after the disappearance, Eddie and Keela, these dogs have a 100% success rate for alerting to human blood and cadaver odour. This was detected in the McCanns apartment, Kate McCanns clothes, the cuddle cat toy she carried around (and cuddle cat is another long story!) their hire car, the hire car key fob. The dogs alerts show that a dead body was in contact with all of these locations, not in any of the other apartments, clothes, cars etc, just the McCanns.

The McCanns have managed to hijack the MSM and bend the story to their own agenda, and I really can't believe that on a site like ATS, I am reading exactly the same soundbites that regularly appear in the Sun etc..."oh the poor parents, haven't they suffered enough, they just made a mistake, it could happen to anyone etc and the accusations to anyone that challenges their version of events that you are a hateful nasty person, who thinks they are a perfect parent blah blah blah blah..

I don't know what happened to Madeleine, but I don't think she was abducted, there was no evidence of a break in or of anyone else having been in the apartment, and according to the McCanns own timeline, the abductor would have had to have got into the apartment, taken Madeleine and disappeared within approx 3-5 minutes, and of course not leaving a single trace, and as another poster pointed out, without waking and scaring the other children or Madeleine herself.

There is an excellent reference site, which gives a huge amount of information, and highlights some of the lesser known facts that the MSM don't print, and I think that ATS posters should give it a look before condeming anyone on this thread who is suspicious of the parents, here is the link McCann Files

But sorry, I do feel that the parents are implicated in some way, and I definitely know that they are guilty of neglect, but seem to have been treated differently to others and were not prosecuted.

Whatever you think - and it does sound like you have done some research on this - they were found not guilty and I'm sorry I personally think this is about Maddie.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by squizzy

The coloboma is another bit of a red herring, yes, Madeleine does have a slight eye defect, but it's not that noticeable, the main publicity picture (of a 2yr old Madeleine???) the coloboma was photoshopped to be more prominent, they admitted that!

Also the police advised them not to publicise that as it could lead to harm to Madeleine by her abductor (the police were going with the Mc's version at that point) but no...Gerry did it anyway because...It was a good marketing ploy!

And how can you see such a small mark in someone's eye, you have to be very close to them, and sadly there have been multiple incidents where innocent people have had their young children grabbed by strangers to look into their eyes, terrifying the kids in the process...and the Mccanns encouraged this. Like the most famous allegedly abducted child is going to be at the beach, or in a shopping centre. And all of these innocent kids who get their pictures splashed across the press...Is this Maddie??? What about the privacy of these kids, why don't they check these things out before printing the pictures, and I might add all of these sightings come from the Mc's private detectives, so the Mc's are basically exploiting other people's kids to further their own agenda!

There has also been the implication from the McCanns from day one that their daughter was snatched by a paedophile, most kids are dead withing 48hrs of such an abduction and the prognosis of such an event is never good. However, the McCanns keep saying that they don't believe Madeleine has come to any harm??? Of course she will have if she was abducted.

Sorry but their whole story reeks and sadly I think the child is dead and has been since the 3rd of

Now you are sounding like someone with a real grudge against the McCanns - ok you've made your point this thread is about helping to find Maddie not hindering it. THIS IS ABOUT MADDIE!

Most people would agree there are areas of concern with the Parents re leaving them alone - they've done it. She's gone. Does that mean we don;t look for the child. Are you honestly saying these parents don't want her found?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Thanks for adding me as a foe...truth hurts does it? The tapas bar was NOT ten yards from the apartments..it was 120 yards, it was NOT like dining in your back garden, they were in a separate bar area, that you had to go through a reception area and along a road to get to the apartments. Here is an arial view

edit on 19-2-2011 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Whatever you think - and it does sound like you have done some research on this - they were found not guilty and I'm sorry I personally think this is about Maddie.

How can they have been found not guilty...they have never been charged with anything...Yet

And maybe you should tell her parents it's about Maddie as you call her, though her parents claim she hated that name and preferred Madeleine, as they seemed more concerned about themselves, refusing to answer police questions, refusing to do a reconstruction...the list goes on!

And I do care about Madeleine and I just hope she gets the justice she deserves one day. You sound like one of those mad rabid pros, who use attack as a form of defence, rather than just accepting the facts.

Did you bother to read any of the info I posted from that link? Or have you just made your mind up based on what the newspapers have been told to say from the McCann's own spokesman?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
If you really care about Maddie please flag this post and help people remember her.

If she is still alive - I PRAY THAT GOD PROTECT HER AND HOLD HER GENTLY IN HIS ARMS UNTIL SHE CAN BE FOUND AND REUNITED WITH HER MUMMY AND DADDY!

GOD BLESS YOU MADDIE. xoxox

What a load of sentimental drivel...Like a headline from The Sun...

Tell you what, if you really care about Madeleine, read the McCann files link I posted and start denying ignorance, and then maybe this child will get the justice she deserves.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Destination Now i have agreed with everything you have said! pretty much spot on.

I dont get why people defend the Mcanns. They were in the wrong. Granted something bad has happened and they have lost their daughter but that doesn't change the fact that they neglected to look after their children.

Oh and seekeye you cant compare leaving your kids asleep in your own house(which you would know to be safe and secure) while you have a BBQ to leaving them in a Hotel room in a foreign country while you go off for a meal with your friends in a restaurant.

How people can justify what they did is just wrong, just because they have suffered a loss does not mean you should ignore the fact that they were seriously in the wrong by doing what they did.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Predator90

Exactly. I'm sure everyone feels pretty bad they lost their child, there is going to be some sympathy for the horror of the situation. However, THEY PUT THEMSELVES IN THAT SITUATION (not yelling, just emphasis) it would be an entirely different situation if some gun man came in and killed them or what not and took the child.

They, however, chose to leave three defenseless children alone in a foreign hotel room. I mean come on, they were asking for something to happen, either those kids were going to hurt themselves or someone was going to take advantage of the situation.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Please point out WHERE I have wrote anything that sounds like I am against the Mcanns.
Also no I have never left my child in bed while I had a BBQ. To do that would mean I would be in my garden and my child alone in the house. Some parents care more than others. Not going to have a go at what other people do with their kids on here but if a child comes to harm when left alone who is to blame?
I have every sympathy with them, what they are going through must be hell.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

The distance from the apartment to the restruant was equal to a large garden approx., 10 meters now would you leave your kids sleeping while you had a BBQ - get the facts!

I think it is you who did not have the facts, and for the record NO I have never left my kids alone in a house whilst at a BBQ. (I live in a 2nd floor flat so do not hold my own BBQ's) Once they get tired and want to sleep, we go home.
My children are my life and whatever I may want to do comes far below their needs and my responsibilities to them.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I prayed for her too.

It is heart wrenching. I believe she is still alive and I also believe she will be found alive and reunited with her family one day.

Look at the children that were previously missing. There was one in the USA and was found. She had been kept by a weird couple who brainwashed her. She was located and reunited with her family just recently.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think the parents of the little girl , know the truth , especially the mother . After following this case for a number of years , I conclude that some people CAN get away with murder , especially when you have the MSM on your side . Those that understand will see my point .

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If Madelaines parents hadn't been well respected doctors they would have been prosecuted for child neglect and ended up having their children adopted by parents who would care for them rather than leave them so they could go drinking at a nearby bar!
I pray to god that Maddy will be found and that she is well and hasn't been abused but if she was found the last thing she needs is to be given back into the care of her parents who put alcohol and a good time before the welfare of their own daughter. In my opinion, both of them should be in prison...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
If Madelaines parents hadn't been well respected doctors they would have been prosecuted for child neglect and ended up having their children adopted by parents who would care for them rather than leave them so they could go drinking at a nearby bar!
I pray to god that Maddy will be found and that she is well and hasn't been abused but if she was found the last thing she needs is to be given back into the care of her parents who put alcohol and a good time before the welfare of their own daughter. In my opinion, both of them should be in prison...

Very well put . You echo the thoughts of a lot of people in the UK .

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
I prayed for her too.

It is heart wrenching. I believe she is still alive and I also believe she will be found alive and reunited with her family one day.

Look at the children that were previously missing. There was one in the USA and was found. She had been kept by a weird couple who brainwashed her. She was located and reunited with her family just recently.

And can you name any other missing kids, that have disappeared since May 2007? Are they not worthy of prayers and million pound funds?

That's the other weird thing about this case, the Madeleine in isolation affect, everyone's thoughts are with "the poor parents of missing maddie" My thoughts are with all of the children who go missing, or more to the point are murdered and neglected by their families every day, of every week, of every year.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

At last, a voice of sanity! Yes, I do think the parents are implicated, but it seems that because they have such a stranglehold on the msm, that people are almost scared to say what they think, for fear of being branded, as the cruel, heartless person (much as the above in seekeyes posts)

Clarence Mitchell, their spokesman (and the slimiest person I have seen in a long time) was head of the Labour Governments, Media Monitoring Unit, that's why, even to this day, people still believe the abduction fairytale, and hope that Madeleine will one day come home to her mummy and daddy, load of nonsense...

And for all of their screeching about oraganised paedophile gangs etc, amazingly enough, no child has ever been taken in that manner from Portugal before, and none since...makes you think

And yes, the parents do latch on to other missing children (when it suits, they didn't have much to say about Caylee Anthony, of course her mother was implicated) But the ones they do champion, like Elizabeth Smart, which I'm sorry was a bit weird as well, and who can forget Gerry's soundbite when Elizabeth Frtizl was found, when asked what did he think about if Madeleine had been held in a cellar for all of that time (being repeatedly raped and bearing the children of her captor) "It's an interesting concept" What???? an interesting concept, good grief, mind you that would mean they could keep the fund going for a long time..

I know I must sound very cynical, but like others who have followed the case, read the police case files that were released etc, I don't think Madeleine was abducted, and sadly, I don't think she is alive, and her parents are really the only ones who can do something about that now, not the world and his dog

Get back to Portugual, request the case be re-opened, Kate McCann to answer the 48 questions she refused to answer and the whole group of friends return for a reconstruction, I think that would probably provide all of the answers necessary!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I am sorry, I just don't get why there's all this hatred and suspicion of the McCanns!
Is it a class thing? Is it that they are devout Christians? (Well, you never know, especially here on ATS).
I was surprised to read that all the other couples at the Tapas Bar that night had also left their kids... if one of those couples had been the unfortunate ones, would they be the hated ones?
It's bizarre...
V.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

And yet another msm soundbite..we must be jealous of the McCanns? Why would we be? Have you read any of the case files? And yes, if it had been another one of the group's kids and they had behaved the same way as the McCanns, yes, my attitude would be exactly the same.

And as for a class thing, Gerry McCann grew up in a tennement in Glasgow, Kate in an estate in Liverpool, hardly tea at the ritz...

What's your attitude to Casey Anthony?

And another thing, not do to with your post Vicky, just another observation, it was not a hotel room, it was an unlocked apartment!

edit on 20-2-2011 by destination now because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join