It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dodged a solar bullet.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Welcome back Phage.

S&F, as if you need them.

~Namaste

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Mr Phage,,please a hypothetical question.

quote "That is why the magnetic orientation of the solar wind is important"
Question: Assuming the Earth (-North) and Sun (+South) as ends of 2 imaginary magnetic bars, as in any flow of Force their has to be an "Alignment of Particles" for the Flow to take place. So i guess my question is could we be experienceing a tweaking of alignment? With each flare. And if this is the start of Alignment Season?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Great work on the post. Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye on the sun.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Mr Phage,,please a hypothetical question.

quote "That is why the magnetic orientation of the solar wind is important"
Question: Assuming the Earth (-North) and Sun (+South) as ends of 2 imaginary magnetic bars, as in any flow of Force their has to be an "Alignment of Particles" for the Flow to take place. So i guess my question is could we be experienceing a tweaking of alignment? With each flare. And if this is the start of Alignment Season?

Phage might be on a lunch break.
Does this help answer your question?

NASA appears to have it all figured out.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Do you think that the three days that it generally takes for the additional energy to hit us gives us a certain grace period? As the Earth continues it's revolution around the Sun, does it escape those CME's that we are seeing? Do you think it would be more likely that Earth would be unexpectedly hit by particles, per say, from a part of the Sun we are not able to see?

Simply wondering, I would actually imagine that three days is not a long enough time to change much of our visible spectrum of the Sun, since 3 days wouldn't even be 1% of our trip around the sun.

I've also read descriptions of these CME's and they do not seem to move through space more in the way wind would, having curvature, rather than a direct, straight path.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The GREAT Phage has returned!
*bows*

Great thread! S+F!

Can't wait to see the great pictures of the auroa burealis.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yup needed the refresher course, in under 2 mins

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

The videos at NASA are so good they should teach them to thirsty minds in colleges.
The textbooks are just too slow to keep up with all the new information coming out.
-- Thank you NASA. Now that is tax dollars well spent. --

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Your post made me log in so I could congratulate you on such a fantastic post, I mean its better than most threads. Outstanding content. I am looking forward to reading more from you my friend. I only wish I could give you 100 stars.

EXACTLY!

Great post duder... Unbelievable array of information and SUPER informative. The pics were excellent and theories are downright bone-chilling.

Props to our other informative poster on Page 3. Nicely done!

Shame Rank20 casted on the person who called out the OP. Your still hiding behind a screen, so don't tell us you've grown a set because we know you haven't.

S&F's all day Phage

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Can't wait to see the great pictures of the auroa burealis.

I am in a great place to witness any aurora and am charging my camera batteries right now. Unfortunately, the weather does not seem to be cooperating here, but I will be up early in the morning to check and see if I can get some pictures if there is indeed an aurora.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The wind speed on ACE just shot up to it's highest point so far, if the Bz starts dropping south then we may be in for some more action. This may actually be the CME from the X2, may not be though.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
btw, the solar flare that disrupted radio comm in china wasn't the X2.2, it was the M class

No. The communications problems in China were caused by the X2.2 flare on Feb 15 (UTC).
The M class flare occurred at 18:00 on Feb 13. At that time China was on the night side of Earth and could not have been affected by the flare.

www.channelnewsasia.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Excellent post. This takes me back to my Solar and Stellar Astronomy Classes.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

great post

missed it by That Much

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Your post made me log in so I could congratulate you on such a fantastic post, I mean its better than most threads. Outstanding content. I am looking forward to reading more from you my friend. I only wish I could give you 100 stars.

Greetings Earthling franspeakfree:

Thank you for your kind words.

As I am new here, could you please enlighten me as to what a flag or star means? Is a hundred stars a lot? You apparently liked my post, does that mean a flag and/or a star? Where would I find it?

I'm a bit confused on the whole thing - including the awarding of points. I seem to have acquired some. Where do those come from? Is any of this posted anywhere so I can learn?
Can I "spend" any of this anywhere for something?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
In Peace & Light
tfw

PS: Here is one of the fun posts I offered in the UFO Jerusalem Hoax thread. Enjoy!

I hope to post my first thread today, if I can retreive it from "save," where I left the multiple-page introduction-to-thread document early (3:30am) this morning. This is the title:

Surviving the Food Prices/Shortages of 2011

Would you happen to know why the "archive save" does not include any formatting?
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Thor

PPS: Interesting llnk on the Stargate you sent me. Are you interested in the Great Pyramid? My friend is Dr. John (yes, that one to; I am Mac's son's Godfather) and Dr. John DeSalvo of Great Pyramid of Giza Research Association.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hey look who's back! A round on me

Anyways, great informative post. It cleared up some
questions on my end. Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

Time is getting short.

Thoughts, anyone?

Interesting to see the in your face, needless FEAR MONGERING in your response to Phage. How very UNscientific of you
I do find the use of "Shock and Awe" by placing a picture of the very normal lightning above a Volcanic eruption, while talking about a totally unrelated, oft occurring event, just for the sake of sending a chill up and down the spines of unsuspecting readers interesting. Even that was not enough and you opted to add another horror story to stir things up in the form of the potential for an Asteroid From Hell (exaggeration intentional).

Those would be my thoughts. I think the fear mongering is out of control and I'm suspect of the motivations behind it. You asked?

What is your solution if I might ask. Should we relocate? Or is creating fear your only goal?

"Time is getting short", perhaps, but it's far more likely true that an extinction event is millions of years away. But lets not let facts interfere with all the fun of scaring people.

edit on 2/18/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Are you asking if the solar wind could be causing or contributing to the drifting of Earth's magnetic poles? I doubt it. The magnetic field carried by the solar wind twists and turns in various directions. It changes in a matter of moments. It has no particular alignment. The Earth's field is far more stable in its orientation. If any change of alignment occurred it would be in that of the solar wind.

But the alignment does not involve one field changing the alignment of the other, it determines if a connection between the two is made, a connection which allows solar particles to be trapped in the magnetosphere.

If that isn't what you're asking, can you clarify your question for me?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nice to see your pragmatic posts again. Your post and other recent posts give me hope that good posts are on the rise, to combat the flood of nonsense we have seen lately.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I think the fear mongering is out of control and I'm suspect of the motivations behind it. You asked?

I agree fear mongering is out of control....
But the OP appears to be well respected and IMO the thread title promotes that fear mongering..

Dodged a solar bullet.infers we were lucky this time..But what about next time???

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join