It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP digisonde is "OFF-LINE" - New Madrid Earthquake magnitudes go up

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
If the goal of HAARP was to be able to better send communications to submarines, don't you think they would have perfected it by now?

What are you babbling about? That is not the goal of HAARP, what stupid conspiracy theory site did you get that from?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by danman23

Is it possible that if HAARP does have the power to trigger seismic events, those involved could be trying to relieve pressure from the fault line in smaller increments to limit damage from a "big one"? Not that it couldn't backfire in a 2012tastic way, but it's just an idea.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsequitur1221

'Westcoast' has said something similar on page 117 of the 'Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas...' thread.
I think you both could be on to something...
edit on 1-3-2011 by 5senses because: fix

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

This is why we have white hats and hopefully, they're watching this like hawks as well.

Seriously, I would not complain if an extraterrestrial force put a halt to HAARP's antics.
edit on 1-3-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Is this thing still offline?

I was curious if anybody could look up the info from the time of the Japan quake?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
www.ready.gov...

Clearly they are planning for something big.

Here is my question.

If New Madrid has a quake, is there any way to know for certain if a tsunami would occur, and if so, how long it would take to reach land (and how far inland could it go)

Serious replies only, asinine comments and replies will be ignored. Intelligent feedback please.

Much Appreciated.

M.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissah
www.ready.gov...

If New Madrid has a quake, is there any way to know for certain if a tsunami would occur, and if so, how long it would take to reach land (and how far inland could it go)

Serious replies only, asinine comments and replies will be ignored. Intelligent feedback please.

Much Appreciated.

M.

I'm no expert, but I don't think a tsunami is very likely in the event of major quake at new Madrid. Perhaps I missing something though...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Melissah

Whoa. I've got goosebumps from reading about May 16-20 2011. Could "National Level Exercise" be a code for "New Madrid Earthquake and Tsunami"?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Form what I understand.. oddly enough, there will be flooding/tsunamis from the great lakes if the earthquake is big enough.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The OP posted on 18 February 2011 saying he had seen that HAARP was going to be offline till late January 2011. Care to explain OP?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by danman23

Form what I understand.. oddly enough, there will be flooding/tsunamis from the great lakes if the earthquake is big enough.

True. The Mississippi River and the Great Lakes, as well as other large lakes along the fault zone could generate tsunamis. Maybe even the Hudson Bay also, depending on where the quake or quakes hit.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak

Originally posted by danman23

True. The Mississippi River and the Great Lakes, as well as other large lakes along the fault zone could generate tsunamis. Maybe even the Hudson Bay also, depending on where the quake or quakes hit.

Not trying to be argumentitive, but...

LINK

Flooding caused by an earthquake is certainly possible, but a true tsunami seems unlikey. As I understand it, a tsunami needs a large displacement of water (via eathquake, volcano, landslide, or meteor). Perhaps a large EQ could trigger a lanslide in the Great Lakes, but they are a pretty good distance away. I think the central continental location of the New Madrid zone is far enough away from any large bodies of water capable of spawning a true tsunami. EQ generated flooding is another story however.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join