It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AHHHHhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHH!!!! So ANGRYYYY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Okay I just tried to show my father the ron paul straw poll video from CPAC that fox showed and make him realize they lied, but he just completely dismissed it, i cant take being related to such an ignorant person!!!!! [[[snip]]] tells him and keeps it close to his cold black charred heart hahahaha, HOW can we change people like him, people that just want to cling to their old ways that they think are right, how can we show them the light when theyre blinded by the darkness of the deceivers of the world, I know, that especially in the south this is a huge problem, there is a large portion of his generation that just doesnt understand that the government can lie, and has lied, and whenever you try to tell them the truth they just dismiss you? What is it gonna take for these people like him to wake up from they're media fed coma what can people like us do to get them to listen to logic and reason

edit on Fri Feb 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by taters2468

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

Mark Twain

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
let me ask you this.....have you ever really sat and listened to limbaugh or beck? really listened?

i don't get involved to much with politics, but when i would go shopping, since most radio stations stunk in my area i would listen to Rush. now, he is a pompous A-hole...but he can have some very good things to say (not ALL mind you)

there is no way to succeed wholly In a bipartisan world, as each side thinks they are right and the other wrong

the only way for it all to work, is to work together, each side conceding various points to the other etc.

Republicans are wrong half the time, but so are democrats

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
an interesting comment made from a similar thread a few days ago about some kid "waking up" his parents was along the lines of "your parents have probably seen tons of corrupt politicians and wrongdoings of this kind for years, it's not up to you to bring it to their attention if it's nothing new to them. if they want to 'wake up', assuming they already aren't to an extent, they can and will." i'm not against the idea of forcing truth onto people, but it's presentation that counts. did you approach him in a way that basically said "HEY HERE'S PROOF FOX IS A CORRUPT BUNCH OF LIARS AND THIEVES JUST LOOKING FOR ADS AND YOU SHOULD GO ELSEWHERE FOR NEWS!", or were you more civil about it?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
How do you know that the Ron Paul stuff wasn't a part of the plan to test the conditioning?

But really, perhaps its because it is a storm in a teacup for those who have survived far worse without any effect upon their lives at all.

We all have to live with mysteries, secrets, dissapointments & lies. Sometimes its easier to let it wash over you until it has direct impact on your life.

That said, there's stuff that is just wrong and does affect the quality of life of many & it's our duty to defeat those who hurt others in any way.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
no no you get me wrong i dont believe either of the parties will work by themselves either im not a proponent of any of the bipartisan bullstick, its pretty much just choosing between coke and pepsi, theyre both the same thing, one just tastes different, im just pissed off that he and the other people who are ignorant and wont listen to the fact that fox blatantly lies to their viewers, and i actually listen to beck and limbaugh everyday when im driving to work in the morning, i just listen to them so i can be like ARE YOU *@$#ing kidding me! people actually believe in all this &$^*

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by taters2468
Okay I just tried to show my father the ron paul straw poll video from CPAC that fox showed and make him realize they lied, but he just completely dismissed it, i cant take being related to such an ignorant person!!!!! [[[snip]]] tells him and keeps it close to his cold black charred heart hahahaha, HOW can we change people like him, people that just want to cling to their old ways that they think are right, how can we show them the light when theyre blinded by the darkness of the deceivers of the world, I know, that especially in the south this is a huge problem, there is a large portion of his generation that just doesnt understand that the government can lie, and has lied, and whenever you try to tell them the truth they just dismiss you? What is it gonna take for these people like him to wake up from they're media fed coma what can people like us do to get them to listen to logic and reason

MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Is the grass much greener on the other side? Do you really think CNN/MSNBC/Media Matters doesn't have an agenda too? Do you not think all their viewers are just as brainwashed as the Fox viewers? Everyone has an agenda. But the truth does not.

Maybe people don't care that they are being spoon fed. Maybe they don't want to wake up. They don't want the truth. Maybe they like the way things are in their comfortable lives. Maybe they want to stay ignorant.

Which is better, being told that thousands of innocents are being slaughtered and there's nothing you can do about it, or that everything is fine and those people are happy.

Again I tell you, people don't want to wake up. Like your Dad....Why? Think about Neo when he first got out of the matrix and realized he was living in a dream world. 'Waking up' can be rather depressing. As Glenn Beck says, "The truth will set you free, but it will make you miserable at first."

BTW have you ever actually watched an episode of Glenn Beck? It's not all that bad. Yeah he acts crazy sometimes, but just like that crazy kramer guy on fox business, he's very knowledgeable and does his research....yes he has opinions...but so does everybody.
edit on 17-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Feb 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: staff edit of quote

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
yea i pretty much tried to shove it in his face... hahahaha and yes i know it just pisses me off because unless these people wake up then we, the people who actually understand what is going on, will be the minority and wont have support to get the people who are responsible for completely *&$^ing with our lives and making us slaves.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Just patience and use the gov't tactics.....GENTLE PERSUASION AND INSINUATION minus the lying. Its in how you make your points and just inch him along.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

you presented it in such a fashion that he found distasteful and chose to reply with a cold shoulder. try a different approach, because no matter how much proof you present, if you present it poorly, he'll respond poorly, that's just the way it is. i enjoy pointing out why calling everyone who disagrees with you or debunks you a "sheep"(which is ironic when a group of people do it in unison) or a "disinfo shill" isn't an effective tactic of "waking up" the masses: the number one red flag is when a person saying "question everything" gets questioned and then gets insulted because he's questioned about his beliefs...i might actually post a topic about that in the future if i ever get the time to write one up.

reply to post by freedish

that's why i generally like to point out how poor of an analogy the matrix is for the..."truth movement" or whatever you want to call it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
You can't change him , some people are just set in their ways. I have a friend who is the same way , you can't tell him nothing , In his mind he is ALWAYS right , But I love him as a brother.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I gotta tell ya tater I'm from his generation and some of us just will not believe or change the way we are.They are set in their ways and that's that.The truth is even though they probably won't admit it they are scared of change.The era we were raised in was different than it is now.back then older people could afford to be set in their ways.Change was something that happened elsewhere in the world not here.The world is no longer like that and you may find that he won't change till the world forces him to.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Just rememeber -- the majority of people have always been wrong, befuddled, clouded, asleep, whatever you want to call it. I'm operating under the assumption that, while everyone will have bursts of clarity from time to time, very few will recognize any given truth at any given moment. Although there is a certain amount of fatalism inherent in this viewpoint, it is also eminantly sanity-preserving.

If you want change its not necessary to convince everyone...just the most dynamic and those in certain key positions. Once the wheel turns, the sluggish majority will just grunt and follow the new consensus, whatever it happens to be when the dust settles. 'Twas ever thus.

edit on 2/18/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

This my friend is what has caused many angry debates, screaming matches, and far worse things. Every generation as it gets older has problems relating to, or believing what other generations say. Plus every generation wants, where it realizes it or not to one up, or at least do something that deserves the respect of the older generation. I've found that the older a generation gets, the more set in its ways it is. "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." While this is indeed not true. My father finally got online. It is indeed a pain the the !#@#@. The older generation, can be like a wall. But you should understand, that we will probably act the exact same way to our younger generations, so give him some slack. Some..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You are waging a war that has endured since the first family. Part of your job as a young person, and you are doing it brilliantly I might add, is to rage against the machine, or the status quo. It is your generation's job to change the world, just as it was your Father's job in his day. It is great to see such passion! Go out and change the things you don't like!

top topics

join