It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day Of Rage Hits America!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
These protests we are seeing in WI aren't any protest of oppression of freedoms, but the tantrums of government employees who are mad that they are being asked to contribute something to their retirement packages and health insurance coverage plans.

Honestly, their screams and cries comparing the Governor of WI to Hitler and the like shows their ignorance and lunacy. My big question is, why isn't the President coming forth and asking for civility and respect? Instead he called the state's asking these "public employees" to start contributing to their perks, like the rest of us in the private sector, he said it was an "assault" on the Unions.

People, this isn't an assault on anyone's freedoms here, but it is the ugly head of the teachers unions and the public employees unions coming into plain view for all of us to see.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
When I saw this thread I thought you were discussing this:

A Call for a March of Millions on Washington, March 6, 2011

whole article found here: www.galacticchannelings.com...

Seems like a lot of people want REAL CHANGE and they want it now!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

I don't believe rioting is going to solve our issues. Economically, If done correctly, America can easily recover. But, obviously the politicians don't want this. I am not sure of the answer at this point because of that. But, rioting will only make it worse as 20% of the populace will pillage and loot, and I will be forced to protect my family and people may die from those of us protecting our loved ones.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
let lose some faux hoods...dress the cops as protestors..throw a few rocks
like Montebello Quebec, or Seattle...or Philly
arrest people for existing
invent some fake laws like the police did in Toronto at the G-20

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
America's day of rage will be swamped by martial law
edit on 18-2-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

That's what I'm afraid of with this whole thing. However, I agree with this almost completely:

Originally posted by theclutch
This whole thing has nothing to do with unions or pay or equal rights or blaa blaa blaa. It has everything to do with making the middle class.........into the poor class!

So I think they should be RIOTING. The non-union workers should be RIOTING as well! not protesting like a bunch of wimps!

Stand up for your rights people! Don't let them take even ONE more step over that line! Push them back!

I disagree on this point: "rioting" is not going to produce the results everyone is hoping for - "peaceful protests" will. If, by chance, TPTB decide to plant FBI agents dressed as anarchists, things will devolve quickly and you can bet your ass the crackdown will become a rallying cry for the rest of Americans. That situation is terrifying (think hockey and football fans taking to the streets with their hunting rifles in Madison). It's a scary proposition and in many ways I hope things don't turn that way, but if that's the only way this will turn into what it needs to become, it will evolve naturally from peaceful protests "quashed" by overzealous alphabet agencies. It's imperative that the protesters themselves are not at fault.

I know for a fact that even the infamous "anonymous" is working on planning for protests, etc. Scary part about that is the majority of them are young, stupid and ambitious, and so keep devolving into discussions of interrupting technology used in communications or transport to try to get publicity.

Anyone with enough smarts to make this whole thing go the right direction, keeping things peaceful and goal oriented, needs to start working diligently, planting seeds of hope and knowledge to ensure this whole thing doesn't turn out the wrong way (ie, rock throwing kids battling SWAT teams and setting cars on fire).

If TPTB are in fact behind all this "revolution" stuff, it's going to be up to people like those on ATS to make sure it doesn't happen the way they planned it. The thinkers here know what the risks are and have a much better handle on how TPTB operate.

Your thoughts and ideas will be appreciated greatly by angry youngsters looking to affect a real change in this country. Without them, the youngsters will be left to their own devices which is...not a good thing...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811
reply to post by Seekeye2

I don't believe rioting is going to solve our issues. Economically, If done correctly, America can easily recover. But, obviously the politicians don't want this. I am not sure of the answer at this point because of that. But, rioting will only make it worse as 20% of the populace will pillage and loot, and I will be forced to protect my family and people may die from those of us protecting our loved ones.

Case In Point - thank you

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
tarpley.net...

Sometimes there were only a few hundred young enthusiasts in the square, but for Al Jazeera they were the supreme oracle of what Egypt wanted. Egypt has upwards of 80 million people, and the Cairo metropolitan area numbers almost 20 million, but the anti-Mubarak forces had a very hard time ever getting above 50,000 or so — even in the days when they bombastically promised a Million Man March or even a Two Million Man March. Compared to Kiev, a smaller city, in November 2004, Cairo was a feeble effort.

The gaggle in the square was simply a made for television moment, and its participants — what ever their subjective intentions — were reduced to props, scenery, extras, or walk-on parts at the very most. They hated Mubarak. They wanted the entire regime out. They rejected hierarchy. They wanted transparency. With such a pathetic and primitive level of political consciousness, the mob in the square could never hope to determine events, but was always condemned to become the tool of some organized force which actually knew what it wanted — such as the CIA.

The problem is the media can make it look like a popular uprising by just clever filming of several thousand people in a confined area.

We just need to be very careful here in the US guys. It is on the agenda to get rid of the US Constitution. We cant fall for that here. If they suspend the Constitution and oust our government, no matter how crooked it is, we will never, ever, ever, get it back.

link   
Just an observation from across the pond. You Guy's in America are too divided to join together on mass protests. From what I see the Tea Party want tax cuts and smaller government The unions want more money from the government. Somewhere along the line you are going to need to find some common ground.

link   
dp
edit on 18-2-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Dont fall for a Day of Rage, people.

I strongly suspect that the coincidental uprisings all over the middle east are orchestrated. And thats not good for us.

We dont want our Constitution gutted and martial law imposed here as it has been overseas.

Dont be reactionary. The media is selling you something, are you really going to buy it? You think we can trust the MSM? They are owned by the corporate elite.

I agree.
First they steal your means to live.
Their after your rights now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join