It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Consume At Your Peril

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA

You're preaching to the choir here.

Unfortunately I can't grow my own because I live in a first floor flat without a garden. When money isn't so tight, I buy organic fruit and vegetables from local farmers which get delivered to my door.

I don't go to restaurants and I'm not sure where you got the idea that I have a fast food habit.

I cook all my food from scratch and am very strict, bordering on obsessed with making sure my son and I aren't consuming any of the crap they try to sneak into my food but I'm aware that it's not entirely possible, no matter how hard I do try.

Over the last year I've tried to do this... but it is nearly impossible. To make things worse the FDA is Monsant's lap dog and goes around barking at anyone who wants to use "GMO free" or in any way make a product and say it does not have all these horrible things inside them.

The FDA is not our friend. It is obedient pet of it's true masters... the corporations. If you look at who owns those corporations you find Eugenicists who have repeatedly said they want to eliminate most of the worlds population.

So as scary as it sounds... they know what they are doing .... killing us all. They have said it in their speeches and they have written it in their books and they carved it in stone in Georgia.

I salute you in your effort

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Indeed, but unhealthy options are ubiquitous. Look at snack machines in work places for example. Any given food item will probably contain numerous additives, not to mention they are unhealthy to begin with given their nutritional profiles.

Sadly I think consuming them on a regular basis is probably on par with smoking...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So everything is bad for you...ok, got it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread! Really interesting.

I had a thought while reading about aspartame.
I suffer from restless legs syndrome. For anyone who suffers - you know the misery it can cause.
As far as I've read on other sites, no one knows what exactly causes this syndrome, but they do all seem to agree it's something neurological.

I drink a lot of diet soda. Maybe 3 a day or so. I wonder if aspartame could be the cause of this condition.
Any other sufferers drink diet soda, or otherwise consume a lot of aspartame?

Seems plausible.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Don't forget...

Titanium Dioxide (wiki)
Basically, it's in almost every chewing gum, toothpaste, and sunscreen cream (sunblock).

While the health effects of it in toothpaste & chewing gum are questionable, it's the sunscreen which is potentially very dangerous. Many of the sunblocks use "nano titanium dioxide". This form has been proven to be absorbed by the skin, and some studies have shown that this could lead to cancer.

Makes sense doesn't it? All these rates of skin cancer going up, and everyone blames UV light (which has always been around), but it really is being caused by nano-titanium dioxide!!

edit on 18-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Indeed, but unhealthy options are ubiquitous. Look at snack machines in work places for example. Any given food item will probably contain numerous additives, not to mention they are unhealthy to begin with given their nutritional profiles.

Sadly I think consuming them on a regular basis is probably on par with smoking...

I think it is on par with eating poison. They KNOW it is poison. They even tell you if you know where to look. You see they broadcast their intentions in broad daylight because they think this brings them esoteric power to achieve there WILL.

Start at minute seven on the official "telephone" video. You will see the elite represented through gaga killing everyone through the food.

7:25 beyonce looks at the camera. (not her boyfriend)... at YOU and says "I knew you'd take all my honey" then covers her mouth and gives the little girl innocent sign of oops I let something slip I shouldn't have said.
7:32 gaga flashes a well known one eye sign and then those that speak through her say "ein"or 1 in german and show ketchup.
7:35 "2" she points an imaginary gun at you at everyone dies from the food as they beyonce puts on mickey mouse glasses (mind control theme - this video is full of mind control information for those in the know) so they will control your mind and manipulate you to eat the food.
7:40 "3" they do a garish dance in super hero clothes over all our dead bodies. Obama gets the peace prize... cheney the "defender of the constitution" etc...

There is so much more in this video, but it is right there in plain sight for you to see, if you have eyes to see.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
BACK OFF THE BACON, BUB!

And while I will admit that there is a ton of chemicals in our food these days, the life expectancy keeps climbing, so is it really detrimental, or is it much ado about nothing? These two statistics most certainly ARE in conflict with each other...

But well thought out and stated thread! S & F!!!

Life expectancy is going up because of medical technology and most certainly not because of these additives and preservatives in foods. Quality of life, however, in older age is declining, unless you eat organically and do something to stay active in your lifestyle. My Grandmother had a garden all her life, and canned everything she grew. She was healthy and would walk every day at 86. She would even shoot hoops with the grand kids. She died because of...guess what? Lazy doctors in southeast Kentucky. They couldn't tell the difference between a stroke and pain caused by Arthritis.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evaux
Thanks for the thread! Really interesting.

I had a thought while reading about aspartame.
I suffer from restless legs syndrome. For anyone who suffers - you know the misery it can cause.
As far as I've read on other sites, no one knows what exactly causes this syndrome, but they do all seem to agree it's something neurological.

I drink a lot of diet soda. Maybe 3 a day or so. I wonder if aspartame could be the cause of this condition.
Any other sufferers drink diet soda, or otherwise consume a lot of aspartame?

Seems plausible.

I used to suffer from this but didn't realise it was a recognised syndrome or that anyone else had the same problem until I read your post.

I haven't had it for quite some time and now wonder if that is because I gave up drinking diet soda (I'm sure I was addicted to d/coke) I don't drink anything other than tea, water, fruit juice and erm.... wine now. So there could be a link.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't know why, but I just became hungry for Cheetos.

SnF

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
In light of reading this, I piled dirt and snow onto a plate and ate that for lunch thinking it would be healthier.

Now I have a stomach ache and a brainfreeze.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

And while I will admit that there is a ton of chemicals in our food these days, the life expectancy keeps climbing, so is it really detrimental, or is it much ado about nothing? These two statistics most certainly ARE in conflict with each other...

I wouldn't correlate life expectancy with health. I think the game being played is to make you sick enough, to pay enough, for long enough.
They walk that fine line of not too sick, but just sick enough.
edit on 18-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's nice to see these chems getting more notice. The more it's put out there, the less it will be consumed and maybe some of these companies will change their ways if no one is buying their crap. I have been a vegetarian for 5 years and as of last June went vegan and i can't tell you how much better i feel on a daily basis once i stopped eating all of the crap out there. Sure i drink a soda and eat a little processed food every so often, the key is to limit it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cazzy2211

Yeah, that horrible feeling you get in your legs where you just HAVE to move them? Keeps you from sleeping or relaxing. It's terrible.
If you gave up drinking soda and saw a decrease in symptoms, I'd say there definitely might be a link!

Well, dangit. Now I have to give up my sodas.

Gotta say, though, I'd give up just about anything to get rid of this.

On a side note, I always find the drug commercial for treatment of RLS to be quite funny. How can they treat something if they don't even know what causes it!?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Agreed. Life expectancy increases will continue to rise based on an overall average. They don't take into account quality of living, or advances in the medical field that allow cancer patients to live longer... which is essentially treating the symptoms and not the root cause...

Originally posted by alyoshablue

I wouldn't correlate life expectancy with health. I think the game being played is to make you sick enough, to pay enough, for long enough.
They walk that fine line of not too sick, but just sick enough.
edit on 18-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Great thread OP but as one of the posters eluded, i don't care if Bacon had a warning label on it i'd eat teh carp outta it.

Now for the others, yes poison is in everything in a box or a bag and sometimes even if there is no container, i.e. fruit and veggies.
Being a diabetic i have gone nuts on all of these ingredients, this is my major conspiracy hitch, foods and water.
I have cut out any box and bag garbage and try to stick to the whole foods (not the store as that is whole paycheck, not whole foods).
By avoiding these items i have had to learn to old world cook, that in cooperation with some prepping, the foods i eat now, well let's say on your best meal, that is my everyday foods.
Sure it takes just a bit more time but i save a lot of money and i eat alot healthier.
As i am not a huge fan of whole wheat pasta i will soon try my hand at homemade pasta, hope it goes well.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Excellent work putting all this together. Thank for this.

More people need to grasp just how far away from the natural stuff we should be eating our "food" supply has drifted. I have avoided hydrogenated oils, MSG, and many other additives. It's unnerving to know that MSG can be found in some products that are labeled, "No MSG."

Man, I think we should amend the laws about corporations, making SAFETY of the public legally their priority. Better yet. Let's get rid of money. That will eliminate corporations as profit-creators.

(Link to the Ethical Planetarian Party is in my sig.)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I don't think you have to totally avoid the foods, but using them sparringly would be the best bet. Some of the substances like transfat, there is just no reason to consume however....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You might want to rethink the part about life expectancy climbing.
The US ranks 36th in the world.
Why aren't we #1?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Everyone knows this one, but recently salt has been getting more exposure as the evidence mounts to suggest its negative long term health effects.

Please, don't throw salt in the same category as Trans Fats. That's ridiculous. In most healthy individuals, as evidenced by most studies on salt consumption, sodium chloride is absolutely safe...

www2.cochrane.org...

The REAL problem is insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia. Insulin causes sodium retention which causes water retention which causes hypertension.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Great thread S&F

Fresh fruits and vegetables... hmm much better for us anyways.

*I love my local co-op with all organic and local grown produce.*

Enjoy your local coop while you can. It will be subject to attacks by the FDA starting in 2012.

Farm References
FOOD SAFETY:
John Munsell's Comment in this article is the best description of the food safety problem I have seen: www.marlerblog.com...
Good general info but wrong about Tester Amendment: www.forbes.com...
Tester amendment is scam: www.activistpost.com...
Home Gardens also at risk says lawyer: www.examiner.com...

Background and History
www.opednews.com...
1996rFeedom to farm Act: archive.corporatewatch.org...
domesticpolicy.oversight.house.gov...

www.smirkingchimp.com...
www.smirkingchimp.com...
www.smirkingchimp.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join