It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Consume At Your Peril

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Don't be fooled into thinking you'll be let off by eating fresh fruit and vegetables.

Some crop sprays contain up to 29% free glutamic acid. There really is no escaping this stuff!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Woodwardjnr, you should try making your own curries, you'll never go back to the takeaway ones

Fantastic thread, well thought out and very informative.

Because I cook 'everything' from scratch I tend to think that I avoid these chemicals but this thread has made me think. I use bacon, stock cubes, cereal etc

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This is correct, unfortunately. I focused on additives, but there are other problems with the food supply.

Originally posted by KatieVA
Don't be fooled into thinking you'll be let off by eating fresh fruit and vegetables.

Some crop sprays contain up to 29% free glutamic acid. There really is no escaping this stuff!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Good question. You could try reading the label for now on to avoid these additives. It will be nearly impossible to completely eliminate them, but avoiding them for the most part would be wise.

Originally posted by rumor21
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

OMG what am i suppose to eat? This stuff is in everything.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Excellant post; I'm interested in any more of this type of information you pick up.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

funny you say that cause the heart is designed to last around 150-200 years old so it may be possible in the future with proper diet to increase the average age which would be even more perfect for the elite and bankers to manipulate and suck us dry...there seem to be allot more people passing the 100 years age that ever before.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
This is correct, unfortunately. I focused on additives, but there are other problems with the food supply.

Originally posted by KatieVA

also some pesticides were also used as neuro-toxins and used in the development of chemical warfare, look at what VX gas deadly neuro-toxin which was first discovered in an attempt to creat a pesticide.
edit on 18-2-2011 by gmac10001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
You know, warnings about just about every one of these foods have been out for many years now, and in some cases, decades, yet people keep eating them. In addition, most of these foods won't do much real and lasting harm unless consumed in excessive amounts or consumed regularly. Ignorance is really no excuse here. People choose to keep buying and eating these foods they know are bad for them, and eating them in quantities that exceed moderation at that.

What we have here is a failure to communicate all right, but not on the part of the people doing the warning. But more of what we have here, and the real issue, is that people, despite the warnings and without common sense, keep making unwise choices and continuing their excessive habits. Can't fix that. Can't really legislate excess either.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I think that's the real problem. People are consuming them in abudance for extended periods of time. We are only now starting to see the effects, and many of them are probably in the form of unknown complications, like neurological disorders.

The real problem is the food system itself, and the compliance of the FDA.

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
You know, warnings about just about every one of these foods have been out for many years now, and in some cases, decades, yet people keep eating them. In addition, most of these foods won't do much real and lasting harm unless consumed in excessive amounts or consumed regularly. Ignorance is really no excuse here. People choose to keep buying and eating these foods they know are bad for them, and eating them in quantities that exceed moderation at that.

What we have here is a failure to communicate all right, but not on the part of the people doing the warning. But more of what we have here, and the real issue, is that people, despite the warnings and without common sense, keep making unwise choices and continuing their excessive habits. Can't fix that. Can't really legislate excess either.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Ugh...yes. FDA approval. This seems to be a very tangled bundle of worms in and of itself. I think the issues there go deeper than any of us can imagine. It may not be safe to assume that the ingredients in and additives to the food we eat is all FDA approved. And I don't mean just the unregulated crap that's being snuck in to us from China.

I made a similar and, as it turns out, very stupid assumption assumption about drugs. I assumed that any drug that a physician in this country prescribes and a pharmacist fills would have to be FDA approved. Turns out (some discussion of this here in case you're interested) that's not the case at all. There are thousands of drugs being prescribed today that are either in whole or in part not FDA approved. So now I'm sure that the ingredients and additives that go into our food most definitely have similar issues. So if people are assuming that they're actually being protected by the FDA, they might want to think again about that too.

Also, it's so been drilled into our head by advertisers and manufacturers that this fake, prepackaged crap food is a "convenience" for our fast-paced world, but that's a myth too. In the time you sit in line in your car waiting for your fast food, you could prepare a perfectly healthy meal for yourself and your family. People sacrificing health for convenience is looking worse and worse, isn't it?

reply to post by KatieVA

With some planning and forethought you can come close to escaping it. Grow your own, support local organic farmers and restaurants, quit the fast food habit. Better to try than not, eh?
edit on 2/18/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0Potassium bromate

This additive is banned everywhere in the world except for the U.S. and Japan.

This additive has long been used to increase the volume of bread and to produce bread with a fine crumb (the non-crust part of bread) structure. Most bromate rapidly breaks down to form innocuous bromide.

Bromide is anything but innocuous. Too much, as with too much chloride or fluoride, displaces iodine from the body, leading to developmental and non-developmental diseases of metabolism. Too much bromide is also severely toxic to the brain.
edit on 18-2-2011 by grizzle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I had thought they banned trans fats in the US? Hmm. They are quite bad for you though. Watch out for things with labels listing 'partially hydrogenated fats' as an ingredient. What that means is that the company producing whatever it is couldn't be bothered wasting the time and money to eliminate trans fats from their products. The main reason that they are so bad for you is that they sterically mimic a very similar conformation as a saturated fat. The problem is that we do not have enzymes to break these types of bonds down (which is unlike saturated fats or fats with cis double bonds in them), and so they persist in your body. This then causes obesity and can result in other related illnesses. Krispy Kreme was famous for using them until a few years back when they were banned (or, I thought they were banned).

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What's the difference between killing someone with a gun, or killing them slowly with chemicals? I guess one just takes longer than the other...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
There is a huge vested interest in products like aspartame and MSG. These companies have too much too lose to just have them banned, hence their campaigns designed to market these products and proclaim them as safe. The FDA can just be paid off as well...

Originally posted by hypervalentiodine
I had thought they banned trans fats in the US? Hmm. They are quite bad for you though. Watch out for things with labels listing 'partially hydrogenated fats' as an ingredient. What that means is that the company producing whatever it is couldn't be bothered wasting the time and money to eliminate trans fats from their products. The main reason that they are so bad for you is that they sterically mimic a very similar conformation as a saturated fat. The problem is that we do not have enzymes to break these types of bonds down (which is unlike saturated fats or fats with cis double bonds in them), and so they persist in your body. This then causes obesity and can result in other related illnesses. Krispy Kreme was famous for using them until a few years back when they were banned (or, I thought they were banned).

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

There is a huge vested interest in products like aspartame and MSG. These companies have too much too lose to just have them banned, hence their campaigns designed to market these products and proclaim them as safe. The FDA can just be paid off as well...

Actually, there are quite a few parts of America that have banned them (just did a quick look around Google). AMA also support nation wide bans.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Actually, there are quite a few parts of America that have banned them (just did a quick look around Google). AMA also support nation wide bans.

www.bantransfats.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yes, but they will just market another harmful chemical to take its place. In the mean time diet coke contains aspartame... it's not banned anywhere near me.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

reply to post by KatieVA

With some planning and forethought you can come close to escaping it. Grow your own, support local organic farmers and restaurants, quit the fast food habit. Better to try than not, eh?

You're preaching to the choir here.

Unfortunately I can't grow my own because I live in a first floor flat without a garden. When money isn't so tight, I buy organic fruit and vegetables from local farmers which get delivered to my door.

I don't go to restaurants and I'm not sure where you got the idea that I have a fast food habit.

I cook all my food from scratch and am very strict, bordering on obsessed with making sure my son and I aren't consuming any of the crap they try to sneak into my food but I'm aware that it's not entirely possible, no matter how hard I do try.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Sorry, I misinterpreted the irony there in your statement. And exactly right. Funny, too, how many "diseases" can be cured just by eating right, real food. Everything from ADHD to high blood pressure to early stages of diabetes. This might lead us to some conclusions about one hand washing the other as far as some of these corporations, healthcare providers, and regulatory agencies go. And those conclusions would probably be right. Simple, basic, cheap food and healthy humans are simply not in their best interests.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by KatieVA

Sorry, I misinterpreted the irony there in your statement. And exactly right. Funny, too, how many "diseases" can be cured just by eating right, real food. Everything from ADHD to high blood pressure to early stages of diabetes. This might lead us to some conclusions about one hand washing the other as far as some of these corporations, healthcare providers, and regulatory agencies go. And those conclusions would probably be right. Simple, basic, cheap food and healthy humans are simply not in their best interests.

Haha, no worries

Yeah, I believe almost all diseases, mental health issues and ailments are directly linked to the crap they're putting in our food and water these days
It might not appear to be doing any harm in the short term, but it's certainly stopping people from functioning at their very best. It's like permanently walking around with a big black cloud over your head.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join