It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But how can we find the TRUTH....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
..... only by picking the lie we like best and following it.

There is so much crap on the internet. Not only ATS, but EVERYWHERE. What's real? What's not? What news story is correct? That's for you to decide on a personal level. There are two sides to EVERYTHING. How can you be so sure that you are on the correct side? You can't!

For example: What's the deal with the two recent wars in the Middle East? Oil? or the actual reasons the US presented to the world? OK now, PROVE IT. You can't, no one can. Neither side can. So why even bother anymore caring about it. What can you do? You take either side of that argument, and I'll defend the other side just as well.

I'm starting to question the reason of "searching for truth" Seldom is it found and proven, as seen by my days of browsing through these forums alone. I wish more people stopped picking apart ever single bit of news and just took up their own personal responsibility, refocusing their energy elsewhere, to something useful. The only certainties in life are math, science and death. And math and science tends to surprise us sometimes. So take it as that.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakleford92

I go by bill cooper's quote: Read everything, listen to everyone, but don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your own research

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Imagine society before the internet and information sharing on a massive level instantly wih a few clicks?

Now imagine how much bull# lies deception crap and sillly billy wacky sally minipulation has piled up over he eons for the history of documened history ?

We had very lile choice before information , spreading etc.

Now the inernet comes ...the flood gates open .

Information splashes all over the place like a wild race horse .

Right now we are the age of information .

We have thousands of years of bs to uncover before you see a glipse of he truth ...

Its down here but we gotta keep digging and keep your head high through this information age filtering .

One day we will look at back at all of this and laugh while we havve a beer while enjoying qurantum video time ravel teleportation verification machine to verify events , facts , evidence , behind the scenes....

Sounds out there right?

So was athe internet and instant information with a few simple clicks lonce upon a time.....

A wise man once said . The truth will set you free.....but first it will piss you off.

Just be glad your actually trying to look for it instead of rolling around hoping it falls outta he sky and on your plate lol

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

What's real? What's not? What news story is correct? That's for you to decide on a personal level.

No it's not, I do not get to decide factual information. Some views are invalid or just plain unreasonable.

There are two sides to EVERYTHING. How can you be so sure that you are on the correct side? You can't!

Proper skepticism, critical thinking, logic, etc.

For example: What's the deal with the two recent wars in the Middle East? Oil? or the actual reasons the US presented to the world?

An obscenely large number of factors led to the war, mainly the growing threat of terrorism there and abroad, such as the 9/11 attacks for example.

OK now, PROVE IT

Growing threat of terrorism led to 9/11, naturally killing a couple thousand Americans didn't sit very well with the American leaders and public.

You can't

orly?

What can you do? You take either side of that argument, and I'll defend the other side just as well.

And theoretically, we could have an extensive exchange of viewpoints backed by supporting evidence, but this never happens in the real world...

I'm starting to question the reason of "searching for truth"

I'd assume the reason for searching is to find out why something happened.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
it doesn't matter if it's true or not, that you're searching for truth, that you're doing your own research and making an effort to find out, is what matters. to me at least. life is sorting wisdom from BS in the first place. skepticism should be natural, skeptical of anything that presents itself as truth, in this case the "official story" or the "conspiracy theory", not everything of that nature has to be a binary choice, like people are led to believe. there's gray areas to things like that. many things are proven, and many things are proven with false evidence or not proven at all. you just have to sort from the two.

new topics

top topics

join