It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House votes to overthrow 'czars'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

House votes to overthrow 'czars'

www.politico.com

The House voted Thursday to dethrone nine White House “czars.”

Republicans successfully added an amendment to the continuing resolution that would leave President Barack Obama’s senior advisers on policy issues including health care, energy and others out of a job.

These unappointed, unaccountable people who are literally running a shadow government, heading up these little fiefdoms that nobody can really seem to identify where they are or what they’re doing,”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Terrific news for anyone interested in transparency in government. Here are folks, in many cases nut jobs being given significant authority and hidden budgets to shape administrative policy.

The "CZAR" title is telling, as the entire model is consistent with the secret organizations that came out of the Soviet Union.

Enough of the nonsense. Enough of the Executive working to usurp the legitimate role of the Congress. Enough of folks pulling levers that nobody knows even exist. Enough of the working to implement regulations to push an agenda with those same regulations were stricken down by Congress.

Lets pare down the Executive Branch down to its original intent and lets get rid of these spiff jobs given to ideologues and campaign supporters who operate in the shadows.

Regardless of what you think about him, Glenn Beck is the gent who brought this bogus, extra-government stuff to light.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Most excellent!

They're crap performers anyway.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Owe my god do not tell me that our congress is getting their proverbial chest nuts out of the fire and doing something for once that is part of their constitutional duties.

GO Hercules, GO hercules

nice find op

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Lets hope these glimmerings of light (including madison,Wis) get brighter.

Aint much time left before its too late.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Too little too late.
But I like this move by the House.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
How come this wasn't an issue under Bush with his crapload of "czars" or all the other presidents that used advisors?

List of U.S. executive branch czars

Is it just because Beck rants about it?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by candide

Oh God, partisan whining makes me want to vomit. Literally. It hurts my head.

Perhaps it is more about the fact that it has been building, and the new freshman are making a difference? People were recently elected on campaign promises that they are going to try to not ignore?

If people ARE that receptive to Beck, that should tell you something. That people would turn to a mad man instead would be very telling.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by candide

Oh God, partisan whining makes me want to vomit. Literally. It hurts my head.

Perhaps it is more about the fact that it has been building, and the new freshman are making a difference? People were recently elected on campaign promises that they are going to try to not ignore?

If people ARE that receptive to Beck, that should tell you something. That people would turn to a mad man instead would be very telling.

Are you talking about those new Democratic freshman or are you being partisan?

Anymore, politics have a lot more in common with pop music than making intelligent choices. If a madman is marketed hard enough, he is gonna be a pop star, simple as that.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by candide

Hey i agree Bush put this bullshizzle in place

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
reply to post by candide

Hey i agree Bush put this bullshizzle in place

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It's about damn time... why only 9?

End the crime and take back every taxpayer dime...

For the day of reckoning is upon them, it's near...

It's time for Americans to stop living in fear.

~Namaste

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Perfect. It is great to see our elected officials standing up for America and fighting back against this oppressive regime that has taken hold of our nation these past couple of years.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by candide

I am talking about the freshman. I don't care about their party. I think both parties are just turds on a different shoe.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

OH WOW!!!

That is the best news I have heard in a long time. Maybe there is hope yet. Perhaps this country can still be saved.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I am talking about the freshman. I don't care about their party. I think both parties are just turds on a different shoe.

ROTFLMAO - That is such an appropriate description of the republicans and democrats.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

The "CZAR" title is telling, as the entire model is consistent with the secret organizations that came out of the Soviet Union.

Aaaarrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't anyone use his own brain or are you guys only capable of parroting FOX News. Yeah right, Obama is secretly trying to convert us into the Soviet Union. That's why he publicly announces these people. That's why most of his actions have been more "right" than most Republican presidents.

My God I am so tired of dumb people ranting around tossing out sound bites that reflect no semblence to reality.

Yeah, there are too many of these czars and I am no Obama fan, but guess what Einstein? Nixon created the whole "czar" concept. Reagan expanded it and Bush (both) had boatloads of them. If you want to slam someone, do it for something factual, not fantasy; it makes you look like a complete tool. Amazing how so many can be played like a harp. You think it'd piss you off that the people you champion have such total disrespect for you that they dilberately fool you. But you fall for it and you LOVE them for it.

Here, by the way, are few that GW Bush had and all your buds on the Right made no peep:
“AIDS Czar” – Actually the Director of the Office of National AIDS Policy, created in 2001 by George W. Bush.

“Border Czar” – Actually the Department of Homeland Security Assistant Secretary for International Affairs and Special Representative for Border Affairs, created in 2003 by George W. Bush.

“California Water Czar” – Actually the Deputy Secretary of the Interior, who was given this extra portfolio by Secretary Ken Salazar in June.

“Central Region Czar” – The Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for the “Central Region,” on the Nation Security Council.

“Drug Czar” – Actually the Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy, created in 1989 by George H.W. Bush.

“Faith-Based Czar” – Head of the White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, created in 2001 by George W. Bush.

“Intelligence Czar” – This is actually the Director of National Intelligence, a position created in 2005.

“TARP Czar” – Actually the Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Financial Stability of the United States Herb Allison, who was confirmed by the Senate in June.

“Weapons Czar” – Not actually an executive branch position, but the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics.

So maybe next time before you spout off your half-cocked, conspiracy ladden, FOX-parroting thread you'll have the integrity to do a bit of thinking for yourself.

MY GOD what is WRONG with you people?
edit on 18-2-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2011 by pajoly because: sp

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by candide

It's just because Beck rants about it and his followers, er, viewers, are incapable of independent thought. beck loves to make fools of his listeners and his listeners love to be played as fools.

top topics

join