It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: End of the World - Skeptics vs. Believers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

The skeptic is in hard denial.

That is not what skeptic means. You wouldn't be a skeptic if you were in hard denial.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I for one believe SOMETHING is going down pretty soon, most likely;
war between Israel and Syria (Israel wins)
quake action
economic/food crises
Pan-Islam movement (Caliphate)

I think we'll see something major in the next 0-5 years. I feel this way for spiritual and non-spiritual reasons.
I hope I'm wrong. I pray that whatever happens, it will be no worse than it must.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

Why do you think that there is going to be any "quake action"? What leads you to believe that? The other issues seem rather plausible such as fighting in the Middle East. That has been going on for thousands of years.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
What's appears to be going down at the moment, is the attempt to lead us into mass-conflict. If the rulers of this world just wanted us dead, they could have killed us many times over. The Devil wants us to kill each other; he wants our souls. We don't have to give them to him.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Why do you think that there is going to be any "quake action"? What leads you to believe that? The other issues seem rather plausible such as fighting in the Middle East. That has been going on for thousands of years.

valid point on Middle East (joke about generic newspaper article; 'crisis in M.E.')

seems to be more/more varied quake activity. the question of course, is there MORE activity, or the same amount better detected/reported (electronic media)
some speculate that man-made quakes are a factor (caused by 'fracking', dams/hydro, etc.)

Bible prophecy warns of famines, wars, quakes 'in divers places'. I believe the Bible.
I belive the 'end times' clock began/resumed when Israel became a state in 1948.

even skeptics worry about New Madrid, which would be devestating.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
seems to be more/more varied quake activity. the question of course, is there MORE activity, or the same amount better detected/reported (electronic media)

Which makes the most sense, considering the huge increase in monitoring stations just over the last twenty years? You have to keep in mind also that averages, by definition, see about half of the values below the mean and half above it.

some speculate that man-made quakes are a factor (caused by 'fracking', dams/hydro, etc.)

Entirely possible in some locations.

Bible prophecy warns of famines, wars, quakes 'in divers places'. I believe the Bible.
I belive the 'end times' clock began/resumed when Israel became a state in 1948.

Warning about earthquakes, wars and famine is like warning about rain and flatulence.

even skeptics worry about New Madrid, which would be devestating.

Any fault affecting populated areas, directly or indirectly, could prove devastating at some point in the future.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I found God by pure accident. I have never been religious as such but always believed in a superior being/ creator/begining.
People bang on about evolution but I don't believe that for a minute. I mean come on?

If we are a result of evolution then why is it we are the only species to evolve to this extent and no other mammal or animal comes close?
Would it be therefore plausable to say we have had a helping hand? I say yes.
God the creator, but why is it that I don't see God like the rest of you?

I found God through my Iridium thread. When you dig and dig and question everything there is only one answer that fits the situation and that is that God exists.

I'm not talking crap either. Once you start asking keep asking.
I have found what I have been looking for and I couldn't care less if anyone says God doesn't exist because I know for a fact God is very real indeed.

I also happen to believe we are so so so not alone.

Here's my other prediction.

We are very soon going to witness our ancestors/ universal neighbours then ultimately God.

We are now in Revelations but I ask you all to really look at the big picture because some in power will use this to their advantage.
I predicted Egypt situation ages ago in a thread titled "here's a heads up watch this space"
You may also want to check out Event horizon thread although I don't want to add to this thread due to causing panic.

The world IS going to end. I assure you of that but not litterally, I would say more along the lines of "Out with the old in with the new"
Those that control Oil and banks and energy companies I dare say you have reached the end. Your days playing God are over.

Those of you that choose to slate and hate the Obama's? You may soon be changing your minds.
I know exactly what's going on there and you must MUST look at the bigger picture.

May God bless each and every one of you.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The number of quakes is the high end categories i s not increasing. These are the ones that have been detectable for a long time. Lesser quakes are being detected now and those numbers appear to increase with time. That is due to more seismographic stations and more computing power to locate the quakes and determine the energy emitted. Quake activity is not increasing, but awareness of quakes is.

You mention the New Madrid as a power fault line within the US. More devastating quakes are going to come from the Wasatch fault. All of the cities of Utah are built on it. Then there is the all too familiar San Andreas and the nearby faults that are quite active. Turkey, Italy, China, Indonesia, and Japan are also obvious places outside of the US that have many powerful quakes. Some of the biggest quake sin the US happen in Alaska. The quakes affect few people and are not considered newsworthy. At best a squib is stashed in a corner of the paper.

Human activity has little affect on quakes. Quakes in general are deep, well beyond where people are able to drill. Surprisingly, there is little association between the Moon, Sun and quakes. The correlation between quakes and the Sun or Moon is limited to a few types of quakes and the correlation is not that strong.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You can't have a planet with an orbital time of 3 or 4 thousand years, entering the orbits of the known planets without leaving evidence. That evidence would be seen as unpredicted motions of the known planets.

No, that evidence wouldn't necessarily be seen by us.

[B]If Niburu exists then there would have to be a cover up otherwise they would have already told us.

Now, your assuming and trusting that the evidence you receive from them is correct and complete.

Don't underestimate the ability of those experts to mislead people(or other experts) with ingeniously crafted but slight deceptions and manipulation of data.

We all know government shouldn't be trusted so why trust an executive branch agency? especially one full of clever people.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

No, that evidence wouldn't necessarily be seen by us.

[B]If Niburu exists then there would have to be a cover up otherwise they would have already told us.

Now, your assuming and trusting that the evidence you receive from them is correct and complete.

Don't underestimate the ability of those experts to mislead people(or other experts) with ingeniously crafted but slight deceptions and manipulation of data.

We all know government shouldn't be trusted so why trust an executive branch agency? especially one full of clever people.

Actually, it would. Just because you are unaware that the effects of a relatively nearby new planet would cause the known planets to move is meaningless.

You try to justify this claim with a vague 'them'. How quaint.

The silliness of your claim lies in its US-centric thinking. There are astronomers all over the world that can see far into space. Many of these are amateurs with instruments you probably don't know even exist. If the published positions of planets did not match observations made by people all over the world, then people all over the world would realize that something is up.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingviolet

I'm new here, so all information is new information to me, I just want to say that I don't know for sure how much of all this I believe, but I'm still thinking about survival, and whatever that may mean, with that said, I just wonder how many others are thinking the same way? Are we our own worst enemy at this point? In other words, If none of the predictions, prophecies, or conspiracies are true, will we still end up with a massive break down of social services due to mass panic that spirals out of control?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I’m tired of explaining all this “crap” about 2012 to my parents, wife and also my daughter.

When I try to explain how crazy these theories are and call them to logic, they still think something is going to happen.
It’s kind of annoying.
I guess I have to wait one more year for this entire thing about 2012 to go down the toilet like the other predictions.

Great post by the way thanks for sharing it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
fracking might cause quakes planetsave.com...

water relocation (dams) might cause quakes www.internationalrivers.org...

I always thought that there was no way human activity could possibly cause quakes

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The silliness of your claim lies in its US-centric thinking.

? Lol

I'm not only talking about the US. I'm not even from the US. If there was a cover up it would most obviously be global. The amateurs will always find planets where the experts tell them they should be. the deception is not a simplistic as your making out.
edit on 22-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BenoV

I was at a house party one night my friend was having and i was smoking outside. We were having discussion on something random and this girl says doesnt matter anyway its over in 2012. I said can you list some facts on why the worlds going to end in 2012. She said ohh look at the weather... I said weather changes.... Well look at all the war going on.... I said war has always went on our media has just gotten better...... What about all the Earthquakes.... Earthquakes always happen so what if there are a few dozen extra.... then she told me to shut up and she didnt want to talk about it lol.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The extent to which people can cause quakes is very limited.

From the USGS:
Earthquake Facts

People can cause earthquakes.
PARTIALLY FACT: Earthquakes induced by human activity have been documented in a few locations in the United States, Japan, and Canada. The cause was injection of fluids into deep wells for waste disposal and secondary recovery of oil, and the filling of large reservoirs for water supplies. Most of these earthquakes were minor. Deep mining can cause small to moderate quakes and nuclear testing has caused small earthquakes in the immediate area surrounding the test site, but other human activities have not been shown to trigger subsequent earthquakes. Earthquakes are part of a global tectonic process that generally occurs well beyond the influence or control of humans. The focus (point of origin) of an earthquake is typically tens to hundreds of miles underground, and the scale and force necessary to produce earthquakes are well beyond our daily lives.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

The amateurs will always find planets where the experts tell them they should be. the deception is not a simplistic as your making out.

First of you are wrong about the planet positions. These have to be know precisely for things such as the Jupiter video to have been made that showed an impact. Were the coordinates a little off the amateur would know it immediately.

Even though you say you are not in the US you act as if you do. That must be embarrassing.

It is impossible to cover up something as large as a planet. It would have been visible for years. Amateurs scan all over the skies to find novas, comets, and to view celestial objects such as nebula and galaxies. There is no place in the skies amateurs do not view. There are all sorts of wonders to be seen and people look at them all of the time. Nothing as large as a planet could be close and go unnoticed.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Feburary 24, 2011 is 666 days away from December 21, 2012. Oooo scary wonder what's gonna happen tomorrow? Probably nothing as always lol.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingviolet

change the title;
the world is NOT ending!
Just passing through a transition !!!
BIG DIFFERENCE!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Good post, interesting to read.

Denying a pole shift is laughable, and in my opinion discredits the Believer. I suppose just like everything else, interpretations are highly debatable. Guess we'll have to wait a whole ~2 years to find out. I know I'm gonna be awfully disappointed on January 1st, 2013.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join