It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If California Split From The Union If The Dollar Collapses.......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Now let's look at this realistically. If California seceded from the Union, our "intelligence" services would say that your rogue government was trying to enrich, smuggle, attack, assassinate, or otherwise cause harm to someone/something. We then would invade and occupy your sovereign nation in the name of democracy and to liberate you from your tyrannical leaders.

It's pretty much the same treatment you get now, so why not save everyone the time and hassle and just call the whole thing off.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

What makes you think illegals don't pay taxes?

I know a lot of people including my ex in my valley that do payroll for construction, restaurants and other companies that employee illegals. It's a joke and a nightmare for the ones doing payroll for one the SS#'s are usually fake and the amount they claim for dependents is always max so they're not paying their share of taxes and others without SS#'s get paid under the table so they pay no taxes. I've spent my life in const, a lot of it in LA, I'm not ignorant to how they work the system, employees and employers. They're also not all out there picking berries like they want to make everyone believe.

Anyway, all that stuff is already factored into every estimate I've ever seen, and even if if isn't, most is supported by state taxes, not federal, so why would you count something that we pay for ourselves?

No it's not, show me one link that factors in all I've talked about and still shows Ca being cheated out of returned Federal dollars. You can go back before 09 if you like. If Ca is supported mostly by state funds then why are you bankrupt, why is Arnold begging for more Federal funding? Why should we give any state federal funding when they want to host sanctuary cities and promote illegal immigration programs that are funded by US citizens/Federal dollars, my state included. If Ca would fix their immigration problem they wouldn't be broke and Americans that are going bankrupt would allow them more job opportunities.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just give California back to Mexico!

We wouldn't have to pay but a few billion for them to take it back!

Get rid of that @*&@%#^# Pelosi and crowd.

And while we're getting rid of places, lets trade Massachusetts back to the Brits for some glass beads or something.
edit on 19-2-2011 by FarArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Do a bit of research before you jump on that tired old bandwagon. When you look at government inflows and outflows, which you can find on the US Census website, you find an interesting thing and that is the heavy oil producing states receive a disproportionate amount of federal dollars coming and the tiny states like Wyoming get more in than out. When you normalize for those two factors and do the calculations based on math and over a multi-year trend you will find that the in-flows and outflows are pretty much the same and pretty much proportional based on population. You will also find that states where you have very senior members of congress get more in than others.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
CA would be screwed if it left the union all by its lonesome.

TX would probably fail as well, but has a lot more going for it than CA.

The key is for multiple states to go at once. TX, CA, AZ, MT, HI, and OK.

I do not know NM's or Utah's political climate. If those two went along, it'd would be a pretty big and connected area.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I say good riddance. California's political powers and Govt is by far one of the worst. The state that lives by a certain situation, should die or flourish by that situation.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
CA would be screwed if it left the union all by its lonesome.

TX would probably fail as well, but has a lot more going for it than CA.

The key is for multiple states to go at once. TX, CA, AZ, MT, HI, and OK.

I do not know NM's or Utah's political climate. If those two went along, it'd would be a pretty big and connected area.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I disagree. I think TX would do just fine.
HI could really with any big hick-up, other then kicking the US Military out, or drafting a contract. AZ and UT could, as those sates have good natural resources. As does WY, MT and ID.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Okla. too!!!!! Now there's a guarantee for a civil war

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join