It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowie Researcher Trail Cam takes picture of extinct Marsupial Tiger?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
it is a fox, end of story, there is no other mythical creature in Australia. It is not an endangered species, it is not a dog, or dingo. This is a fox. It was clear from the start.

thanks professor.
Its good to see we have a wildlife expert that also deals in mytical creatures, endangered and extinct species

Cheers and thanks for your time.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

reply to post by heffo7

This makes it more likely a fox that has come back, do its rounds checking its territory.Checking for food along the same tracks. They will never find a Tasmanian tiger here as they would never go near where a fox had been. They were enemies. Both predators in competition, not allies living side by side.

You are kidding right? Foxes were introduced to Australia after white settlement, they are not native. If you don't believe that a Tasmanian LION (not Tiger) could still be alive, then how can you say they were natural enemies.

What are you basing this on? If you can't back this up with fact, please don't post it as such.
edit on 18-3-2011 by heffo7 because: grammar was bad

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Travlla
Sorry guys but my man couldn't do a lot with it,not enough pixels or something

His opinion was it's a fox with it noses partially hidden by the grass,but that does not mean it is,personally i wish trail cams had DSLR's in em,but then they would cost the earth,and we wouldn't have had the fun of guess the creature

He did point out that what appears to be the right hand rear leg looked bigger than the others,and asked if it could be a tail behind the leg,

edit on 16/3/2011 by Travlla because: (no reason given)

Please thank your man for going to the trouble. Much appreciated!

I have to agree with Meathed that a foxes muzzle takes up most of it's head not just a small portion of it, so the debate continues!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

I am Australian and i follow the Tasmanian Tiger topic alot. Sorry what I meant to say is that they would have been competitors. If they were both alive today, the would not go anywhere near each other. I was taking it from the view that the Tasmanian Tiger is still alive. They definitely wouldn't have been friends and certainly would not have followed the same tracks.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

I'd give up if I were you.... They desperately want to have found something and despite all the evidence that has been provided to the contrary they are refusing to see that its a fox... They are refusing to see that the muzzle and part of the log is hidden by grass, shadow and light flare. Nothing you, I or anyone else says will convince them other wise. They want to think its something special

God help Aussie Yowie hunters if this is evidence of their knowledge of Australian flora and fauna

edit on 18/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Wow. Nice thread.

It really does look like the marsupial lion. That would be so awesome.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

They do not look the same to me. Thanks for posting those. It does look like it is about the same SIZE as a fox though, but the shoulders, ears, snout, eyes, legs, everything else is different.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
there are lots of foxes about near me and it certainly looks like one to me. it would be nice to think it is something strange and exotic but if somebody just showed me that pic and asked me what i thought it was, i would say fox without hesitating

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

reply to post by heffo7

I am Australian and i follow the Tasmanian Tiger topic alot. Sorry what I meant to say is that they would have been competitors. If they were both alive today, the would not go anywhere near each other. I was taking it from the view that the Tasmanian Tiger is still alive. They definitely wouldn't have been friends and certainly would not have followed the same tracks.

Slipdig1

Got sent this yesterday and thought of you. Hope you like it! (I had to turn my sound up heaps to hear it though)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
reply to post by Slipdig1

I'd give up if I were you.... They desperately want to have found something and despite all the evidence that has been provided to the contrary they are refusing to see that its a fox... They are refusing to see that the muzzle and part of the log is hidden by grass, shadow and light flare. Nothing you, I or anyone else says will convince them other wise. They want to think its something special

God help Aussie Yowie hunters if this is evidence of their knowledge of Australian flora and fauna

edit on 18/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

Quick question.
Have you ever seen a fox in real life? NO i bet, thats why you keep saying its a fox. Im sorry but your cartooned nose transplanted on it doesnt make it a fox.
I bet the only time you have ever seen a fox has been photo's and TV when prince charles has been hunting one.

Ps That grass isnt that thick.
Have a proper look next time please.
Also I would like you to point out which part of the the log is hidden behind the supposed dense grass.
Thanks
Meathed

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0425f320f317.png[/atsimg]

I did some color correcting a bit, it doesn't help see the animal all that better, but you can see the grass clumps more clearly.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Quick question.
Have you ever seen a fox in real life? NO i bet, thats why you keep saying its a fox. Im sorry but your cartooned nose transplanted on it doesnt make it a fox.
I bet the only time you have ever seen a fox has been photo's and TV when prince charles has been hunting one.

What a ridiculous assumption to make.

Yes I have seen a fox I real life, I've had 5 foxes that had been hit by cars and kept in my parents animal sanctuary until they could be released again. One (called Mork) continued to live with us for 4yrs as he refused to leave. We also had badgers and hares in. I was also a member of the League against Cruel Sports for 10yrs and saw plenty of foxes then too. I've spent hours in the woods at night watching foxes, fox cubs and badgers. So yes.... I have seen a fox or 100s.

And cartoon nose? How is it a cartoon nose? Its not something I drew you know.....

Ps That grass isnt that thick.
Have a proper look next time please.
Also I would like you to point out which part of the the log is hidden behind the supposed dense grass.
Thanks
Meathed

Part of the fence hidden by the grass and sunlight. maybe you could have a 'proper look next time'
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed57c70f753d.jpeg[/atsimg]

And with some contrast

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5535286c0ce.jpeg[/atsimg]

And with the grass clump highlighted

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/909853f5c185.jpeg[/atsimg]

Now how about YOU try to show us all why that isn't a fox and it isn't grass, light & shadow......

Maybe while your at it you could point to the nose which is conspicuous in its absence and whatever you think it is it needs a nose....

Hint.... your looking for something like this.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ece20ac6ea33.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffcaf3dda00e.jpg[/atsimg]

ETA you'll notice I'm not asking you for your credentials because I don't need them....[
edit on 19/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Looks like a foxy dingo mix, weird...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join