It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowie Researcher Trail Cam takes picture of extinct Marsupial Tiger?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

No it dosen't look like a smear in the shot to me.

No, it certainly does not look like a smear, why would you think it would?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

No it dosen't look like a smear in the shot to me.

No, it certainly does not look like a smear, why would you think it would?

Sorry, you said grass cover.
Still dont mean anything.
Must be a big and dense patch of grass.
But the picture suggest otherwise.
:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Travlla

Feral things DO need a bullet.
But whos to judge whos FERAL?
You or me?

edit on 9-3-2011 by meathed because: Me cant spell proper again

edit on 9-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

The permit i have from DSE to hunt feral animals on crown land ,tells me what is classed as feral,
dogs
cats
goats
pigs

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

If you look at the picture, that black spot cannot be the nose, unless it is deformed and the muzzle juts out to the left. The perspective is all wrong. I thought at first it looked like a feline type animal, but the highlight on the top of the muzzle extends farther than what I assumed to be the nose.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Travlla

reply to post by Travlla

Feral things DO need a bullet.
But whos to judge whos FERAL?
You or me?

edit on 9-3-2011 by meathed because: Me cant spell proper again

edit on 9-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

The permit i have from DSE to hunt feral animals on crown land ,tells me what is classed as feral,
dogs
cats
goats
pigs

Well good for you shooter. Shoot em up.

Well i hope you never run into this animal as you would confuse it with a FOX a KILL it

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by meathed

If you look at the picture, that black spot cannot be the nose, unless it is deformed and the muzzle juts out to the left. The perspective is all wrong. I thought at first it looked like a feline type animal, but the highlight on the top of the muzzle extends farther than what I assumed to be the nose.

Thanks, Finally looked,( Silly me for not looking before.)
Why didnt i look at the photo before you suggested?
Suppose thats what my eyes are for though.
Thanks for the reminder.

I understand what you are saying, BUT i don't agree.
You think its a fox, I do not.
I agree to disagree with you on this one, thats all.

Respect. Meathed

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Not much chance of me shooting anything mate,i haven't fired any of my guns in two years,i have a permit but it doesn't mean i use it,as for the creature,what do you think it is?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

Im really not sure.

But my eyes and my mind says, Its not a fox.
I showed photo to 8 mates,
2 thought Fox,
4 said it isnt a fox. But didnt know what IT was.
1 said it looks like a fox with a short snout.
1 said he thought it was a type of dog.( But mate was drunk at the time, so we will keep his thoughts out)
So Im stumped on this.
Like i said, I understand others thoughts on this.
But I personally do not believe its a fox.
What it is, I don't know.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Notice the smaller nose of a younger fox.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Also this fox appears to have a smaller snout. This is an Australian fox. The exact same thing that this thread is about a fox. I live in Australia, I have one of these things come to the back door every night looking for food. I can say without a doubt this is a fox.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1

Notice the smaller nose of a younger fox.

That's not a Red Fox though its a Desert Fox or something. I stand by my assertion that the foxes nose is just hidden for one reason or another and the grass is giving the optical illusion of a short snout.
edit on 10/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
MrX, my Yowie Hunter must be watching this thread. He has just sent me two more pictures... one is of the unknown creature and the other is of a fox TAKEN FROM THE SAME TRAILCAM taken the day before. You may have to scroll across to see them as I haven't altered the pictures at all. I haven't cropped them to fit.

Still think it's a fox??

edit on 10-3-2011 by heffo7 because: spelling... too excited by this new evidence!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
I stand by my assertion that the foxes nose is just hidden for one reason or another and the grass is giving the optical illusion of a short snout.
edit on 10/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

Hi again, Versa.
And again I respect your stance on a subject, your thoughts, informative photos and links.
But with evidence shown by all parties, so far I cannot seem to draw myself to any solid conclusion of what this animal may be.
We dont agree on this subject, yet we have agreed before on some subjects, and we will agree again on others, fore that I am sure.

I still have an open mind on this one. My book (Brain) is not yet closed on this.

Not that Im saying In anyway what so ever that I THINK Its a Red Panda.( I dont feel It Is)
But the snout did seem similar to a Red Panda's Nose in it's length and some facial markings looked similar too.
(Since Im new and to stupid to get a pitcure up of a Red Panda, could you please get a Photo up of one for us all on ATS if it's not to much trouble for you. If not, could you at least have a look at one, then let me know what your thoughts are, I would appreciate it Lots. Even if you make me look like a Meathed.)

Take care, Cheers and Thanks.
Meathed

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Well honestly, those two pictures make me think even more that the unknown is a fox. Why? Notice the black on the paws, the stance of both are similar(you have to be able to grasp perspective to compare them), and also note it is a different time of day that the two were taken( noted by the angle of light). Even on the obvious fox, the paw by the area of the unknown animal's snout was seems to be hidden pretty well, and that is with a lot of ambient light.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by heffo7

Well honestly, those two pictures make me think even more that the unknown is a fox. Why? Notice the black on the paws, the stance of both are similar(you have to be able to grasp perspective to compare them), and also note it is a different time of day that the two were taken( noted by the angle of light). Even on the obvious fox, the paw by the area of the unknown animal's snout was seems to be hidden pretty well, and that is with a lot of ambient light.

It isn't the marking or even the snout that has me thinking otherwise. It is the height and chunkiness of the unknown creatures forequarters and the relationship/proportion between the shoulders and its back. Even a big ole dog fox doesn't look like this! No-one has been able to successfully explain away this trait to my satisfaction. I still don't think it's a fox!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7
MrX, my Yowie Hunter must be watching this thread. He has just sent me two more pictures... one is of the unknown creature and the other is of a fox TAKEN FROM THE SAME TRAILCAM taken the day before. You may have to scroll across to see them as I haven't altered the pictures at all. I haven't cropped them to fit.

Still think it's a fox??

edit on 10-3-2011 by heffo7 because: spelling... too excited by this new evidence!

Thanks for your Photos and thank your mate for showing more.
I and my mate are more confused than ever.
To us It isn't a fox, although it does have a few similarities.
I mentioned In an above post about a Red Panda, And its nose length similarities too, BUT that is all I meant.
( Plus they are marsupials too)

To me It is no Fox.( and it isn't a Red Panda), But What?
Im gunna( going) to be Interested what others will think now after the new photo's.
Thanks for spicing this spicey little meatball back up again.
I will be chewing on this for awhile.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Thank you! I don't know what it is either. I'm from this area where these pictures were taken and have spotlighted and shot many foxes over the years for their pelts.... but I have never seen this creature before!

And also thank you for being one other person that can see that the proportions just don't fit even though the colouring and markings are similar. Which is what I've been trying to point out all along, though obviously not as eloquently as I'd like.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7
reply to post by meathed

Thank you! I don't know what it is either. I'm from this area where these pictures were taken and have spotlighted and shot many foxes over the years for their pelts.... but I have never seen this creature before!

And also thank you for being one other person that can see that the proportions just don't fit even though the colouring and markings are similar. Which is what I've been trying to point out all along, though obviously not as eloquently as I'd like.

Dont need to thank me.
I see what i see, and I know I haven't seen this creature before.( Maybe in an exstinct species book)
I cant work it out either. Im waiting on a mate that goes shooting that way to call me back, Im waiting for his Input on this, but I just know what he would say, and he will tell me that IT isn't a FOX.

I do feel that you ( OR MR X ) may be on to something.
Thanks. Cheers. No worries and all the other things us aussies say to each other to say welldone.
As i said, I will watch and see what others say. As I said, you have turned this into something very interesting.

Ps. If you need an extra set of eye's for another excursion, let me know, as Im not that far away.( Newcastle) And Im sure the people at ATS would love a day by day update on our Yowie and Unknown animal search.

Pss. F&S for you

edit on 11-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Here's some red panda pics for ya Meaty,to be honest one of my first thoughts was red panda face,the bodies all wrong thou,LOL,it's body seems too chunky for a fox,but the markings are very similar,one of my friends who has been hunting(no need for smart a$$ shooting remarks) for 30 years is coming over on the weekend,so i will get his opinion,

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

Hi Trav, Sorry.
No smart ar#E remarks from me tonight.
Thanks heaps for those photo's. I appreciate them.

I noticed the nose size, and the white on it's face, but that was the similarity I had with a Red Panda. I agree with you, with the body size and leg thickness, I dont think It's a Red Panda, Nor a fox still
I too have a shooter mate coming over In a day or 2, to give his thoughts on this.
I said In a previous post Im thinking(and hoping) Its something different that we haven't seen for a few generations.
But only time,evidence and discussions will tell.
Thanks again Trav,
I cant wait to see what others think and will show us on this.

Peace and respect mate.

Thanks again for your photo's and your time

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join