It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowie Researcher Trail Cam takes picture of extinct Marsupial Tiger?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Being interested in Yowies and Bigfoot I subscribe to this youtube channel. I was just catching up on some past offerings and came across this. I don't know if this is the commonly assumed extinct Thylacoleo, also known as the Marsupial Lion. If someone here can help me identify this creature I'd appreciate it, because I don't know what it is. This is in Australia somewhere around the Northern Tablelands/Northern Slopes & Plains area of New South Wales.

Here's the video, but if you don't want to watch the whole thing skip ahead to around 9:47 mark to see still capture of the trail cam photo.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here is another youtube video of what they were thought to look like:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

dosnet quite look like any kind of animal aon australia i can find

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

First thing I thought when I watched was Ferrel pig or a boar. Not really much else I can say about it. Are pigs/boars known to that area?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
reply to post by heffo7

First thing I thought when I watched was Ferrel pig or a boar. Not really much else I can say about it. Are pigs/boars known to that area?

Yes they are in the area, and I also thought pig when I first looked at it. But the more I looked at it the less likely it seemed like one, at least to me anyway.

I have never seen a wild pig with a white face, but that just could be me. They are usually just black.
edit on 17-2-2011 by heffo7 because: typo

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
fairly good pic. I'm not sure it looks like the lion. There is a resemblence.Could it be some other unknown animal?I don't see the pig resemblence.
edit on 2/17/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
looks a bit like a dingo with a short nose

weird cross breed with a domestic?

not a conclusion, just another possibility.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
reply to post by heffo7

dosnet quite look like any kind of animal aon australia i can find

Exactly! It's got me stumped.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Where has bigfoot been????
I miss him...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

A marsupial tiger! How cool is that! I had never heard of such a creature! It's so good to see so many threads of seemingly extinct animals coming back. Always brightens my day a bit. Doesn't Australia have the coolest animals on the face of the Earth???

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Speaking of tiger heads…

Here’s a model of a Tarasque, depicted from ancient legends…

The Tarasque was a sort of dragon with six short legs like a bear's, an ox-like body covered with a turtle shell, and a scaly tail that ended in a scorpion's sting. It had a lion's head.

Source

I wouldn’t want to bump into that thing, on a dark and lonely night lol

- JC

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
Where has bigfoot been????
I miss him...

Makin' Movies!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Just corresponded with MrX and he has agreed to email me the images. Will be good to see them in better resolution than a camera shot of his computer. Very excited!

Okay. ETA pics have arrived, have never embedded photos before so hope this works *crosses fingers*

Mr X told me that he has sent these pictures to two different zoologists - one said cat, the other said fox (but both admitted to guessing). So apparently they can't tell either.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d34154398116.jpeg[/atsimg]

And close up which Mr X tells me shows red eye shine which he says indicates a Marsupial.

edit on 17-2-2011 by heffo7 because: include photos

edit on 17-2-2011 by heffo7 because: try embedding again...

edit on 17-2-2011 by heffo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7

And close up which Mr X tells me shows red eye shine which he says indicates a Marsupial.

Hmmmm, how is that I wonder? Also can he be sure its not the camera or anything? There's no flash huh?

I just think if he could definitively rule out mammal he could be onto something.
edit on 18-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is simply a fox.....the black lower half of the legs the big pointed ears the orange eyes....down to the white "masking" on the face, its a fox no doubt about it.......lol just go google wild fox in google images and look for yourself......its not a cryptoid of any sort. case closed

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
I just think if he could definitively rule out mammal he could be onto something.
edit on 18-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

Um.... you do know that a Marsupial is a Mammal... right?

My arguement about the red eye theory is that human eyes also show as red under certain lighting, such as flash photography... yet we are not Marsupials, so I fail to see how the red reflection proves it to be a Marsupial necessarily when other creatures also show red eye reflections.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If you look hard enough there is an extinct bug on one of the branches to the left of the fox in the picture.

With the red eyes and all it is likely a special breed of Fox called ' Devil Fox'

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragon33

Um.... you do know that a Marsupial is a Mammal... right?

Yeah, I meant if he could rule out other mammals he could be onto something.

My arguement about the red eye theory is that human eyes also show as red under certain lighting, such as flash photography... yet we are not Marsupials, so I fail to see how the red reflection proves it to be a Marsupial necessarily when other creatures also show red eye reflections.

Yeah that's what I was getting at, unless he has a certain type of camera or is not using a flash or something or doing something strange with his set-up or camera settings then red eyes don't mean its a marsupial at all and I cant for the life of me figure out where he got that idea, even most children know about or have seen the red eye problems with photos of humans or their pets.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I think its a fox, the end of its nose is hidden behind a clump of grass, the grass is also casting shadows giving the impression of a short snout.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bc9820d2c0d.jpeg[/atsimg]

eta

I've grabbed another foxes nose and popped it in to show the hidden nose.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f89218fc4469.jpeg[/atsimg]
edit on 5-3-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join