It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Earth in Google Earth? North Pole anomaly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I was mussing around with google earth earlier and decided to take another look at the north pole and this is what i found, there seems to be a hole around the north pole in google earth and all of the satellite lines of images intersect there and seem to dip down beneath the sea, im not really sure what to think about this, heres pictures of what i saw, if you have google earth i would suggest trying this for yourself, it acts really weird around this area, i dont thing it does it anywhere else on the maps.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3487f32c74a1.jpg[/atsimg]

its hard to see the lines in these pictures but if you go on google earth yourself and play around with the perspective you should be able to see it pretty cleary.

atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d6b7cd020a3.jpg[/atsimg]

the line is outlined in this image to increase visibility.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3428f2dedd3.jpg[/atsimg]

another vantage point outlined.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d0abbfa611b6.jpg[/atsimg]

you can begin to see the images sloping in this one.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d25500464da.jpg[/atsimg]

and in this one the point where they all meet is visible and lower than the surrounding area. I hope you guys dont take my word for it, go look for yourself
. I believe this could be proof that theyre covering up the hole, and if you notice this area of the ocean has the least amount of definition compared to all the other areas of the oceans in google earth.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by taters2468

so this is "the entry" for those nazy saucers?

Isn't one in the South Pole too?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yes there is one at both ends. When I took a trip there back in 86 I didn't stumble across any hole but they are guarded pretty tightly these days, or so I hear
edit on 17-2-2011 by Kargun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Are you freaking kidding me?

Yes... the milliions or billions of tons of earths crust and mantle are being held up by some kind
of super magnetic field and theres a mystical civilization millions of years old inside controlling us.
... or whatever else you want to make up.

give me an f'in break!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Pro-tip!

Google earth anomalies like this are a result of the method used to stitch together the numerous images taken from various sources to facilitate the illusion that what you are seeing is a coherent world map.

been discussed before, will be discussed again I wish ATS had stickies for things like google earth...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Looks like polygon's due to the fact that the 3D model of the google earth is made of polygon's if you use 3D software and create a sphere the polygon's usually connect at the north and south poles...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yes, you will find world-changing information that can turn all known science inside-out, on google earth. Yes. Yes. I see now.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I believe there is a lot to this. Both north and south pole mysteries.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
[mor

I just checked google earth and it isn't showing any odd lines for me....

is showing an anomaly of sorts though.....one similar to a lot of anomalies in pictures I keep finding recently, specifically a 'being' often holding a rod or staff.....

here's the image zoomed, circle added by me

similar to a chi / kundalini figure from the Chinese cities thread, again circle added by me

I do a lot of photography, buildings, landscapes, skies etc, a chemtrail picture 2010

a picture of Malmesbury abbey I took then added effects, showed up like this
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/543b003b4c33.jpg[/atsimg]

seems to happen a lot to me....picture anomalies, orbs etc this being thing seems more significant....hopefully in a good way.

Perhaps something going on in these areas creating images, or purpose images as markers, like the Nazca lines???

edit on 17-2-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Looks like polygon's due to the fact that the 3D model of the google earth is made of polygon's if you use 3D software and create a sphere the polygon's usually connect at the north and south poles...

Exactly, and it is texture mapped with the images stitched together, and as the images are orientated to fit a 3d model, where there is no or little information or where things do not line up perfectly, you will get gaps in the texture that result in images like this.

Badly mapped 3D FPS games have the same problem.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
On top of what others have said about how this is due to how Google creates the map, there's also the fact that private satellites are not allowed to orbit the poles.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

this is the Mariana trench, near Guam right????? it isn't either north or south poles???, it says MT on the search bar.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
theabsolute truth the area in question is the north pole not the mariana trench, i was just looking at the mariana trench before i started looking at the north pole region, and i believe that you might be right about the way the satellites images get put together but that doesnt explain the circle.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
yes it does, im sorry hahaha my mistake guys ill delete the thread hahahaha

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

No need to delete the thread (I don't think you can anyway), its a good thing for people to see/observe things like this so that people can see or learn things, its called "research" if no-one shared this kind of stuff then we would never learn anything... the whole point of forums like this is so we can discuss things and sometimes "debunk" them, now when people look at google earth they will know what the anomaly's are and not confuse them...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

apologies for the confusion, the anomaly I seen was MT.

I google earth'ed NP and when it zoomed got this

though perhaps like another poster said, because of the radial nature of the 3d imaging, like point zero, or something, unless there's a better explaination.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeShot
Are you freaking kidding me?

Yes... the milliions or billions of tons of earths crust and mantle are being held up by some kind
of super magnetic field and theres a mystical civilization millions of years old inside controlling us.
... or whatever else you want to make up.

give me an f'in break!

How hard is that to believe? There isn't any proof AGAINST it so stop rippin on him and give him a break. You should at least be praising him for taking his own time to research into this and take his time to arrange the thread so stop being a troll and at least say "Thanks for sharing!"

It's people like you who totally derail threads with absolutely no proof against someones work so next time, come up with a reasonable response yourself instead of a "you're stupid and crazy" post. That is NOT productive at all. Work with it or stop visiting ATS.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

thank you roughy i felt like a major douche there for a minute hahaha but hey, fall off the horse you get back up and i right
ill try better to do a little bit more research before posting, i just wanted to see what everyone thought about this and see if they could figure it out, i dont know much about graphic design and such, glad we have some good experts on ats

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

How hard is that to believe? There isn't any proof AGAINST it

Its called common sense. Which I guess alot of people seem to lack these days. Your response is almost as funny as the thread.
You probably also think the earth is actually a death star like in star wars only its so ancient that it has been terraformed. But heh, I don't have any proof against it so it must be a possibility right?
edit on 18-2-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

There is one in the Area 51 forum. People just insist on using the wrong boards for things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join