It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

take a look at the magnetosphere WOW!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
i watch this site alot and it rarely looks like this
www2.nict.go.jp...
when it looks like this it causes major disasters
i'll try and post links to the past disasters but this one is in real time

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
this links to the website
hirweb.nict.go.jp...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yep, ive been keeping an eye on that today also, does seem a lot more active than normal, with radio anomalies to boot. Worth watching.

Would be interesting to see if any major disasters coincide with this.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
remember the solar flare is due to hit the earth tonight...

solar flare

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

hi,could you tell me as im not right up on this kind of subject but does this have anything to do with these flares that are hitting us? if not will the flares make it any worse? thanks in advance

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
All I see is the effects of a very low density, low speed solar wind with a slight north turn. This results in very little connection between the solar wind and the magnetosphere.

The solar wind is calm. The magnetosphere is calm. It is very peaceful. That could change if the effects of the recent solar activity arrive in the coming hours.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The magnetosphere looks pretty jumbled to me right now but I've been told that doesn't always mean anything. I think it has something to do with the way the lines are laying and forming. Either way we do have a solar storm arriving 10pm est and this could be a prelude. We need an expert to read the sphere correctly.

edit on 17-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have no idea what I'm looking at. lol

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you Phage, called for an expert and you have arrived.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yes please post links of evidence of past disasters to this as thats quite a claim.

In the mean time, I'll wait out the "real time" disaster from this
[sarcasim]
edit on 17-2-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I wonder why there is a "DATA" gap listed? Is there something we are not suppose to see that may get here tonight or tomorrow?There seems to be an Earth directed component, then, the data gap....

Comment from the SIDC (RWC Belgium): NOAA AR 1158 produced several C flares and an M1.6 flare peaking at 14:25 UT. It was associated with a type II radio burst detected at the Humain radio site. NOAA AR 1158 seems to have stabilized in growth and complexity, but has still high potential for strong flares. A very faint eruption is seen in COR-2 from STEREO-A and STEREO-B, starting at 02:39 UT. There seems to be an Earth directed component, but it is very faint (and there is a data gap in SOHO and STEREO-A). Geomagnetic conditions are quiet but they are expected to increase to active and even storm levels when the expected ICME from the 15th arrives to the Earth later today or probably tomorrow.

(Comments issued on 17 Feb 2011, 1327UT)

Here is a great live link..Has everything...I alway check it every day...
Link:prop.hfradio.org...
edit on 17-2-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Welcome back!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
got to agree with phage nothing wrong with that image, but as he said might get interesting when the flares get here, and no i dont mean that were all going to die or that the world will turn upside down, just some nice auroras might even get some a little further south than usual so anyone up scotland way might want to keep a camera handy

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

NICT is a "simulated" magnetosphere simulator...and on that site, the magnetosphere looked very "weak and beat-up;" and I hope it holds.

Space Weather Now Link - Calm Before The Storm?

Additional Resources: IBEX: Catching Space Weather As It Happens - Feb. 17, 2011:

IBEX - February 17, 2011 - Catching Space Weather As It Happens

Abstract Link - Full Paper Link
edit on 17-2-2011 by trekwebmaster because: Additional Resources

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Apparently the CME has arrived (00:42 UTC).
Pretty mild at this point.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
if found a link ages ago showing what the magnetosphere look like when these happened

1. the hati earth quake
  2. the chile earth quake
  3. an the major tsunami in se asia in 2004

and it looked quite similar just more refined which seemed to me that the sun had an effect on these earth quakes and it will be interesting to see what happens over the next few days as long as no one gets hurt
the images for what the magnetosphere was like during these events should still be on the web site above there were more events i just cant remember them all

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Glad to have you back - been worried about you - hope everything is well as can be for you!!

Waiting. Waiting, Waiting to see tonights effects.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

That is the magnetosphere before CHILEs Earthquake

Before HAITI's Earthquake

THIS IS WORRYING ME!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
this is a link showing the magnetosphere on the date of the Haiti earth quake
www3.nict.go.jp...
(but you have to down load the movie)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The magnetosphere you're showing in your original post looks shockingly like Chile's Earthquake to me, which is the one that shifted the continent.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join