It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Never had it with perfume scent but
every now and then I smell a scent that is so familliar to me but I have no idea what it is, I couldn't say if it is a flower or something else, I can't even mention anything same like because there is nothing at all that comes to mind. very strange...
all I know is that I associate it with something from when I was little, under the age of 3. It comes and goes in different places, at home, in the store, on the street.... suddenly there it is for a few seconds and then it's gone again. It does have a calming effect on me.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I have to agree with your post. My sense is that it is a relative who is watching over them. When I smell my Grandmas scent I just say "Hi grandma" and go on. I am sensitive to scents and each person who has passed has a different scent which follows them, I take it as a very good omen and usually stop whatever i am doing and just feel their presence, their love and protection.

I love when these special smells come my way. They are a good thing, now if you smell something putrid or offensive thats another story.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just a quick update. I've checked for the scented lightbulb rings as was suggested earlier in the thread and came up with nothing. None of the bulbs still in from prior to us moving in have any sort of extra ring or anything on them. I checked a number of the bulbs I had already changed to ensure I didn't miss anything, and sure enough it's just bulbs and the sockets they screw into. No rings or any additional components of any kind.

I still plan on attempting to communicate with it (if it is indeed an entity of some kind) next time I notice the scent. I'll post the results of that attempt once I have them.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yes, we have randomly smelled perfume and cologne scents in our house. But most of the time when we encounter a random, unexplainable smell, it's that of cigarette smoke. No one in our house smokes.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I've had experience with phantom smells in my house also... Well, they began in my house and then started showing up other places. Mine wasn't quite so rosy though, it was the smell of death. Long story short, I began to seriously question my sanity (and nose) for a while before weird things started happening and I tried to communicate and eventually heard a voice I couldn't understand speak in a low growl and I knew I had to do something to get rid of it. Not that I'm saying what you have there is a negative entity by any means, it certainly doesn't sound that way from your description. Just relating a similar story since you did ask
What I was getting at though is maybe a spirit was just passing through one day and decided you were interesting and stuck around? That's sort of what happened to me I believe. Anyway good luck with the communication and hopefully your entity, if thats what it turns out to be, is nicer than mine was.
edit on 21-2-2011 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
When you said "old lady perfume" the brand "Windsong" comes to mind. Next time you are at a drugstore sniff it I bet that's what it is! I think almost everyone's grandma has own or has owned a bottle. My first thought was that it could have been from a neighbor spraying it and it floating over to your house....Does it happen in the winter? Or when you have all your windows closed ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join