It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunner! Supremes to give eligibility case another look

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Stunner! Supremes to give eligibility case another look

www.wnd.com

In a stunning move, the U.S. Supreme Court has scheduled another "conference" on a legal challenge to Barack Obama's eligibility to occupy the Oval Office, but officials there are not answering questions about whether two justices given their jobs by Obama will participate.

The court has confirmed that it has distributed a petition for rehearing in the case brought by attorney John Hemenway on behalf of retired Col. Gregory Hollister and it will be the subject of a conference on March 4.

Read more: Stunner! Supremes to give eligibility case another look www.wnd.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
First off,
Mods PLEASE delete this if someone beat me to it. We don't need duplicate threads. There are enough already.

Now, My question goes out to all the AntiBirthers.
Why is the Supreme Court, the Highest Court in our Nation, Wasting their time reviewing this case when, as you all say, Obama was born in this country?

If he was born in this country as you all so despirately cling to
wouldn't this be a colossal waste of time,resources,energy,and Money???

Or.........is it possible that there may be some supporting evidence to back up the claim that he MAY not have been born here thus Ineligable for the office of President????

IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE????

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This means nothing, they have to review their suits, doesn't mean there will be a hearing it, highly doubt it, as usual WND puts up something that is misleading.

The Supreme Court gets thousand so caes every year and only hears a very small percentage of them, most are thrown out.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Why is the Supreme Court, the Highest Court in our Nation, Wasting their time reviewing this case when, as you all say, Obama was born in this country?

Or.........is it possible that there may be some supporting evidence to back up the claim that he MAY not have been born here thus Ineligable for the office of President????

IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE????

It IS!! It IS possible that he is the biggest fraud ever perpetrated upon the United States of America in the entire history of our country!

And I can't wait for the rest of you to know it too.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
This means nothing, they have to review their suits, doesn't mean there will be a hearing it, highly doubt it, as usual WND puts up something that is misleading.

The Supreme Court gets thousand so caes every year and only hears a very small percentage of them, most are thrown out.

Does the law matter to you or not? Does it matter if Obama is America's first USURPER President or not?

Why are you making a derogatory comment at all? Does it make you feel better? Do you think you're smarter than us? What exactly constitutes this audacious arrogance you DENIERS have?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Im against the people who say he is not American, (does that make me an Anti-birther? I dont know the lingo) but, I am totally for any examination by any legitimate organization, or authority to make sure he does meet the qualifications.

Whatever it takes to end the argument.

Although I suspect that even if the court finds he is legitimately an American, there will be threads started immediately about how it is some Illuminati plot by reptiles or something.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Califemme

This is a bunch of B.S. and waste of taxpayer money and the Supreme courts time, the hate mongers will never let this go.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Yep - it sure is.

Edit- just for a laugh - US presidents not born in USA:

George Washington
John Adams
Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
James Monroe
John Quincy Adams
Andrew Jackson

Numerous candidates have had questions raised about their place of birth - a few were definitively known to be born outside the USA - including John McCain, who had status as a "natural born citizen" retroactively granted him by congress!!
edit on 17-2-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: stir things up.....

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
So basically....

By the time his term is up, and the next guy is in office (or if he is re-elected), and then after the second ice age, another cycle of global warmth, and finally the complete rebuilding of mankind after near extinction...... there MIGHT be some kind of evidence supporting the claim.

Watching our judicial system is like watching a snail ride on the back of a turtle trodding through mud, in Matrix Bullet-time.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
In my eyes this should be a non issue.
When a man or woman takes up the duty of public service, any pre reqs. should be fully investigated and confirmed.
And in such cases, any proof needed thereof should become public record.
There is no reason at all under the sun that we should not be able to see a valid copy of a birth certificate of the president of the US.
I do think there is too much sensationalization on this issue,it is either true or misdirection imho.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by Califemme

This is a bunch of B.S. and waste of taxpayer money and the Supreme courts time, the hate mongers will never let this go.

You are correct. This a bunch of bs and a waste of taxpayer money. So why won't he show it?

Shouldn't you be AT ALL curious why Mr. Transparency, Mr. Hope and Change, Mr. Anti-Bush won't show one lousy piece of paper?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE????

To begin with, I think they would do this because of their realization that they probably won't be able to remove him through the political process as his support is still too strong. I really think they are grasping at straws and if Co. Gregory Hollister is that same guy that got discharged for his refusal to obey Obama's orders, well he has reasons of his own.

I also believe that they are smart enough to recognize that if they can obtain recusal from justices Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan, the odds of obtaining a favorable ruling from what's left of the court, are greatly enhanced. Although I really believe that their recusal without some kind of substitution by the retired justices they replaced, would allow a great injustice to be carried out, by a very one-sided court, upon the american people. I'm sure it would be quite controversial to say the least.

Good find though, S&F

I almost forgot, wasting money is what they do best, it's their mainstay.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Yep - it sure is.

Edit- just for a laugh - US presidents not born in USA:

George Washington
John Adams
Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
James Monroe
John Quincy Adams
Andrew Jackson

Numerous candidates have had questions raised about their place of birth - a few were definitively known to be born outside the USA - including John McCain, who had status as a "natural born citizen" retroactively granted him by congress!!
edit on 17-2-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: stir things up.....

Obviously you've not read the Constitution. Does the phrase "or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution" mean anything to you?

Or a dictionary. "Retroactively"? McCain was certified by Congress while he was running for President. There is no "retroactive," he had two American parents and was born on American soil. They made a big show of it so you wouldn't think Obama wasn't natural born, just McCain.

I bet magicians trip you up too. See? Nothing in this hand...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Hollister is apparently doing the same thing that Terry Lakin did (and failed at). Lakin was found guilty and if Hollister disobeys an order, he will be too.
You can't give this ultimatum when you join the service
Well, you can, but you won't have a good result.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Califemme
Obviously you've not read the Constitution. Does the phrase "or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution" mean anything to you?

Are you saying I said something untrue??

Or a dictionary. "Retroactively"? McCain was certified by Congress while he was running for President. There is no "retroactive," he had two American parents and was born on American soil. They made a big show of it so you wouldn't think Obama wasn't natural born, just McCain.

Bzzzztt...when McCain was born, citizenship was not automatically granted to the children of US parents in foreign lands - including hte Panama Canal Zone. There were a whole bunch of "Insular cases" where the SC had ruled that.

McCain was born in 1936.

congress passed 8 U.S.C. 1403(a) in 1937, which by my maths means he was made a citizen 1 yeatr after his birth.

Is your math system different from mine so that 1936 is not before 1937 perhaps??

I bet magicians trip you up too. See? Nothing in this hand...

I bet that keeps you entertained lots - figured it out yet??

edit on 17-2-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: fix quoting

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The time for verifying qualifications to serve as POTUS should have been over and done with years ago. Even if there crops-up a "technicality" after elections it should only effect eligibility for the next election. If though, there is overwhelming evidence of a crime, a fraud, that would be an exception.

Who declared Obama eligible in the first place? Isn't there someone responsible for that?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Califemme

Are you saying I said something untrue??

Sophistry. Pointless and worse, distracting to the pursuit of truth.

It is most definitely not "
"

No, nobody said it was untrue. You just said that, obviously.

The basic point, since you need it plainly stated, is that this was completely irrelevant, to the point of being obvious trolling.

Grow up.
edit on 17-2-2011 by 11andrew34 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is an easy one to crack. There's great concern among both parties in DC that the next 2 years will go more sour than the past 2 have gone. If that is the case, Obama will almost certainly be asked to step aside and let someone who actually has a chance at winning an election run in his place for the Dems. If he refuses to do so, it would be more advantageous for the Dems to be able to have someone other than themselves flick the switch removing him from office. The courts will do it for them, satisfying both parties. If, however, Obama's popularity swells again in the coming year, nothing will come of this SCotUS case and the question will continue to represent a gaping hole in the connection between the Constitution and reality.

I'd remind anyone who supports Obama and takes the "it doesn't matter whether he was born here" approach to reflect on whether they joined the crowd that believed the unfounded rumor of Bush's comment against the Constitution while he was in office. If you did, then you are highly hypocritical. You cannot demonize one individual for a rumored denegration of one section of the Constitution and, in the next breath, defend another individual for a rumored denegration of another section of the same document without coming across as a fool. Either you uphold the ideals of the document cover to cover, or it means nothing to you and there's no point in trying to act like it has any meaningfull bearing in your life. (Note: This comment is not directed towards those who earnestly believe he was born in the USA. If that's the case, then I'd have to say you line up with those of us who believed the rumored Bush verbal denegration was a blunt lie by one opportunistic pseudo-journalist and it would be disingenuous for me to criticize you for believing in your president.)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

It matters to me that the Constitution be upheld. If he genuinely was not born in the US I would not care if they tossed him out of office.

I just dont see any real evidence, anywhere, that he was not born in the US. It was such a big deal from day one, that someone somewhere, had to have seen evidence that he WAS born in the US. I have to show my birth certificate for all kinds of stuff. I am sure he did too.

If it turns out that they are forged documents, I will be the first to admit I was wrong. But there is nothing at all to indicate that they are forged at this point.

I just wish the right wing cared as much about the Constitution when war mongering as they do when Democrats win the election.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

yep! But we waste ridiculous amounts of money all the time. Is just how we roll.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join