It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge to Christians: Prove the Bible is True

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

Life is about Faith. Thats all there is. Because we only assume what we call Facts are actually TRUTH. "I Think Therefore I Am" does not even apply because IF it is TRUTH that this is all a dream and we were wrong Than none of it was real to begin with. I have faith I will awake in the morn.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
the Danielle 70 week prophesy. it predicted the when the ministry of Jesus would happen and when Jesus would be crucified or sacrificed for our sins. oh and it did this 500 years before it happened.

Not to mention it happened the very day Gabriel said it would. What's a more fascinating prophecy from Daniel, he shows Cyrus a letter written to him by God over 150 years earlier in Isaiah. Mentions Cyrus by name, highlights his career, and gives him specific instructions for the future. Cyrus is so impressed he releases the Jews and helps them rebuild the temple in Jerusalem.

"Thus says the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whom he has taken by his right hand to subdue nations before him and strip the loins of kings, to force gateways before him that their gates be closed no more: I will go before you levelling the heights. I will shatter the bronze gateways, smash the iron bars. I will give you the hidden treasures, the secret hoards, that you may know that I am the Lord." (Isaiah 45:1-3)

That's precisely how God authenticates His messages to us, by "declaring the end from the beginning", showing us He is outside time.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I'm with you on what you are saying, I have been to many churches myself trying to find one that teaches whats actually in the Bible. the Bible teaches that if you search you will find, or the way I see it, if you ask, you will receive.

The Bible teaches that we have freedom of choice, we make decisions based on good or evil, and I believe every man, women in their right minds, knows right from wrong. I’m starting to believe that the church is within one’s self more and more. The Bible to me is teaching guide with many examples of what is good, fair, and justified; and it tells us what will happen if we don’t learn and apply these lessons.

God intended on us to be with him and follow his will from the beginning, but that didn’t happen when man/women was deceived by Satin, knowing that; God gave us free will to choose between good and evil, and he has left us a great guide (Bible), and he is letting us know what will happen if we do not follow his teaching…it’s that simple.

If everyone applied the teaching of the Bible, what would the world be like today?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Why do you have to have faith, because you were told too?
I have nothing against people who believe in that book but what ticks me off is that faith is a money making industry. And why the hell is it tax exempt.!!

Maybe that was the word of god

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I'd actually be interested in knowing the historical facts about the bible... two thousand years ago isn't really such a long time, surely there are relics that proves some of the stuff in there, right? Original manuscripts perhaps?

Also, miracles and all other kinds of religious things happened back then... God communicated with his people and all that, so why doesn't it happen anymore?

...I'm just asking, hoping for a serious answer with some piece of proof.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
nice post, but when you talking about one's faith it is near impossible to alter ones beliefs. Difficult challenge you have proposed, flag.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

I wrote a book on the subject of your query for the New Testament, using Essen, Hebrew, and Roman details. It's not as majestic as it is proscribed.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Agarta because: reword

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I refuse to communicate with religious people that is not on hallucinogenics!

Christians have no clue what so ever about what the "holy" people in the bible was about....

I have only one thing to say: Amanita muscaria...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiel
I refuse to communicate with religious people that is not on hallucinogenics!

Christians have no clue what so ever about what the "holy" people in the bible was about....

I have only one thing to say: Amanita muscaria...

Yep and its pretty too.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Maybe, just maybe the Christians are entirely overlooking the power of 'faith' in and of itself. As a hypnotist the subject must have faith in the hypnotist in order to achieve results. The opposite of faith in this context is fear. You're not going to lay open your inner self to someone you're frightened of.

The hypnotist adopts a persona which cultivates this faith....and uses truism to reinforce it. That the hypnotist has some special power is the necessary illusion for a new subject to achieve an altered state although the hypnotic state and what can be achieved there is quite real. That is down to the power of the human mind.

If it is determined that a rock has special powers....if the faith is there....that rock will have special powers. They are transferred from our minds via our belief system.

I submit that the bible operates on this same level of transference.

When Jesus heals he first asks the subject 'Do you have faith' - and lays his success at the door of the subject’s faith.

From NOTurTypical re the Creed of Nicaea

Wow, this statement is odd. For one, the Nicaean Council never discussed the books of the Bible, but clarified a position on the deity of Christ. The apostles, apostolic fathers, and early church all worshiped Jesus as Lord. The apostles did as well after His resurrection. The Nicaean Council also discussed the position for the bishop at Alexandria, Egypt.

No, they didn't - they determined, after much argument that Jesus was a deity and a man. In other words a man made decision - not God given insight. Christianity was, and remains, the state religion of Rome. It's popularity the result of forced conversion not truth.

The Gnostic gospels have been all dated to the 2nd and 3rd centuries. Hundreds of years after the apostles.

Are you trying to tell me the apostles wrote the gospels? The oldest gospel is Mark - written about 70ad. The oldest known NT is the Codex Sinaiticus which is dated around 400ad. The Gnostics teachings and the NT are contemporary theories of the same time frame. The main difference is that the Gnostic teachings present a personal route to God and are not written to be taken literally. They are written to encourage a state of mind that enables mere mortals to conceive of much bigger and older concepts than the mind could ordinarily cope with.

Horrified at Paul's teachings??? Are you sure about that? Take a peek at 2 Peter 3:15-16

Their alarm increased over time. A little matter of circumcission. Show me some more passages that demonstrate consensus please.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Prove to me.......you arent homosexual

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

You seem to be a fairly bright person with some knowledge of what you speak ! NOTurTypical posted two vid links with some really good teachings in them ,especially about the different scripts used to create what we call bibles today .You must be aware of the different variants ....Have you also noticed that even different groups can get a different interruption from the same version?.....This has always puzzled me ....I think it might stem from the ministers teachings or indoctrination that come from some college or university or religious persuasion ....I am going to leave a link to a series of lectures from a professor Veith called rekindling the reformation ... amazingdiscoveries.tv...
also the total onslaught series amazingdiscoveries.tv...
these have some very well done vids with lots of pictures and information on history that I have very informative .....peace

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
the bible was inspired by god. God pretty much wrote the bible. You can't get any more evidence than that. How about YOU prove the bible is false???
edit on 17-2-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

You say god pretty much wrote the bible, and how do you know that. Because it's written in that book??. You have no point.
edit on 18-2-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
I'd actually be interested in knowing the historical facts about the bible... two thousand years ago isn't really such a long time, surely there are relics that proves some of the stuff in there, right? Original manuscripts perhaps?

Also, miracles and all other kinds of religious things happened back then... God communicated with his people and all that, so why doesn't it happen anymore?

...I'm just asking, hoping for a serious answer with some piece of proof.

Everything good that happens is because of God. Everything bad is man expressing free will as given by God. So you see all those religious things are still happening.

There are plenty of people who talk to God today, there's quite few here on ATS. So God is still around.

Now there are people who believe Jesus is living on Venus, there are those who believe half the population are reptilians in disguise etc etc etc They "believe" in their version of reality with as much conviction as religious people do in God and all without any hard evidence, just faith!

God is crutch for those people who are too weak to manage their own lives with their own thoughts and decisions and/or are afraid of death. Good luck to them, leave them be......The End.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by madscientistintraining

ed: I find it epically ironic also that they decided to leave the part in where it clearly says 'never ever change this document or so help me i'll come down there and tear you a new one' but less obviously, more biblical...i'm sure someone knows which scene I am refering to.
edit on 17-2-2011 by madscientistintraining because: (no reason given)

Revelations.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I remember people like you. I remember when I first joined ATS and I was so skeptical of this and that. And when around flaunting my religious ignorance, people would come up and ask me to prove this and that. You can't prove the Bible is false, and you cannot prove it is truth. Only faith will choose for you, not reason.
It isn't up to us to decide when religion is right or wrong, because the only fact in your statement is that the little voice in the back of your head told you to "say this".

I get tired when these threads get pushed to the top of the charts, and I get drowsy when I have to see how many stars people get nowadays just for their opinions alone. I am glad that i am not a christian any more, but I am still glad that ignorance has taught me something: There is nothing to prove, nothing to disprove, because fact comes from the mind.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creedo
Transcript from The Zeitgeist Move:

You would think that a guy who rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven for all eyes to see and performed the wealth of miracles acclaimed to him would have made it into the historical record. It didn't because once the evidence is weighed, there are very high odds that the figure known as Jesus, did not even exist.

If you read the bible I don't think thats how it went at all mate. Mighta been for all eyes to see but its not like it was downtown New York. Not many about I would think.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I share this thought with you. I wondered how an earthly "king"...divinely inspired or not... could arbitrarily edit the literal "Word-of-God"?

My bible-thumpin' grandpa used to wave it around and say "you gotta live by this!" The King James Version.....hence my confusion..

If it is King James's VERSION....it must mean its his right? Not the word of God...but HIS version of it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Christina--anytime you get into a subject on the Bible you are definitely not going to get the answer you were looking for. And you are not going to win. People are going to defend their stand on it whether it be a negative or a positive position. This is the hope of salvation for millions and searching else where is not an option. And really..where else can you find one??
Granted there are many things in the Bible that doesnot seem to be inspired and the writer's opinion got in the way.
Here is one example ...
1 Samuel 15:3..Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep,camel and ass.
This is a very grim picture of God, but you have to know that those times were salvage and murder and war was everywhere.
I think that many of us , like the writer of Samuel think for God at times because it is what we want.
It is these verses in the Bible that causes so much conflict because of the terrible picture it portrays. But remember ..God gave humans free will and you can see thru these biased opinions of the writer and still get the message that was intended.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have another challenge for christians....keep your beliefs and judgement to yourselves and leave other people alone. Strive for the impossible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join