It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think I read that a INFJ can become a INTJ if they are betrayed by a loved one ...I forget exactly where I read that but there was a forum on the net for personality types that may have had it posted there ...I forget ...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

What an INTJ complaint about the system.

I personally like knowing. It helps me understand why I sometimes get the reactions I do from other people. Those weirdos who care about small talk, and social niceties.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yeah he sounds like a typical Capricorn as well....

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
So odd, many people on this site are introverts
ENFP here

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm an INTP - a Rational Architect.
Funny that my dad is an actual one.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
When I first took the test in undergraduate school, I came out as an ENFJ. I took it again about three months ago and came out an INTJ. Go figure. I use it in my line of work as well, which sometimes includes employee screening. I don't rely on it as "the tool" to "figure it all out" but it is quite useful in it's application.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
INFJ

Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
by Joe Butt
Profile: INFJ
Revision: 3.1
Date of Revision: 8 Aug 2010
Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

Functional Analysis:

Introverted iNtuition
Introverted intuitives, INFJs enjoy a greater clarity of perception of inner, unconscious processes than all but their INTJ cousins. Just as SP types commune with the object and "live in the here and now" of the physical world, INFJs readily grasp the hidden psychological stimuli behind the more observable dynamics of behavior and affect. Their amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others gives INFJs their reputation as prophets and seers. Unlike the confining, routinizing nature of introverted sensing, introverted intuition frees this type to act insightfully and spontaneously as unique solutions arise on an event by event basis.

Extraverted Feeling
Extraverted feeling, the auxiliary deciding function, expresses a range of emotion and opinions of, for and about people. INFJs, like many other FJ types, find themselves caught between the desire to express their wealth of feelings and moral conclusions about the actions and attitudes of others, and the awareness of the consequences of unbridled candor. Some vent the attending emotions in private, to trusted allies. Such confidants are chosen with care, for INFJs are well aware of the treachery that can reside in the hearts of mortals. This particular combination of introverted intuition and extraverted feeling provides INFJs with the raw material from which perceptive counselors are shaped.

Introverted Thinking
The INFJ's thinking is introverted, turned toward the subject. Perhaps it is when the INFJ's thinking function is operative that he is most aloof. A comrade might surmise that such detachment signals a disillusionment, that she has also been found lacking by the sardonic eye of this one who plumbs the depths of the human spirit. Experience suggests that such distancing is merely an indication that the seer is hard at work and focusing energy into this less efficient tertiary function.

Extraverted Sensing
INFJs are twice blessed with clarity of vision, both internal and external. Just as they possess inner vision which is drawn to the forms of the unconscious, they also have external sensing perception which readily takes hold of worldly objects. Sensing, however, is the weakest of the INFJ's arsenal and the most vulnerable. INFJs, like their fellow intuitives, may be so absorbed in intuitive perceiving that they become oblivious to physical reality. The INFJ under stress may fall prey to various forms of immediate gratification. Awareness of extraverted sensing is probably the source of the "SP wannabe" side of INFJs. Many yearn to live spontaneously; it's not uncommon for INFJ actors to take on an SP (often ESTP) role.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Control

Tell us, is there a particular type you try to avoid hiring? We want to know the good stuff.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Every time I take this test I'm a "Field Marshall". It seems to fit me. Very quick assessments, no hesitation to act, multiple back up plans. My colleagues "feelings" are not on my list of priorities. My favorite part of the descriptions is that we can make multiple pieces that don't seem to have anything to do with each other actual work together towards a common goal.

I saw a rational "architect" post earlier. My favorite type to work with...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I was scored as an "INTJ"

In terms of what I know myself to be, I am an incredibly introverted person, however if I trust someone then I appear as extroverted. Usually in crowds I generally just ignore people, and like to avoid attention. When it comes to planning, usually I like to keep a firm grasp of the possibilities, usually focusing on either how others might be plotting against me or vice-versa.
edit on 18-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
ATS is filled with "INTJ" types, me included. Not really that rare here. Check the old threads on this to see what us gezzer members are.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

do you have a link to that thread? I would like to check it out ....peace

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I got this.

Your Type is
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
11 62 25 33

slightly expressed extravert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed judging personality

edit on 18-2-2011 by Clavicula because: Added detail.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I scored as INFP

Distinctly Expressed Introvert
Moderately expressed intuitive personality.
Moderately expressed feeling personality.
Moderately expressed perceiving personality.

I suppose it does kinda fit lol!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Got INTJ on it .. Though dont put any stock in anything that catagorises people... Too many variables when it comes to people.. Much prefer to avoid crowds and study varius areas of interest without distraction ..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Makes me wonder, what personality type would a serial killer/sosiopath get on this test?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I have not taken one of these tests before.

My results came out as ENFP.

Extraverted 11%
Intuitive 62%
Feeling 12%
Perceiving 44%

slightly expressed extravert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say three or four percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Communication tip for ENFP employee with a Rational boss Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.

Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company. Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.

Im not going to argue with that but im sure my missus would

edit on 18-2-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
I believe there was a big thread on Myers-Briggs on ATS a while ago.. I remember posting in one maybe 2 months ago. Anyway, I always come up as INFP with 100% introverted. =/ Apparently I lose a lot of energy when I am in crowds and social gatherings and gain energy when by myself or with close friends.
edit on 17-2-2011 by frozenspark because: (no reason given)

i'm an infp also, and didn't know this - but it makes perfect sense to me. thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'm an INTP. Makes sense to me.
Always have found this test fascinating. It's always interesting to hear how others come out too because, in an odd sort of limited and benign way, it helps you understand people better—their work style, their relationship style, and even their posting style here. Thanks for the reminder.

edit on 2/18/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I usually get INTP on these things, though I've gotten ISTJ before. The I and the T are pretty solidly expressed; the other two are always on the borderline.

(I didn't actually take this one though).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join