It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada regulator to probe TV ad volumes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is definitely something I can agree with!

The regulator, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission, or CRTC, wants commercials to be no louder than the programs they accompany and will accept public comments until April 18 on how to achieve that aim.

"Loud ads on television can disrupt an otherwise enjoyable program and are a source of significant annoyance for Canadians,"

ca.news.yahoo.com...

This has got to be one of the most annoying things I experience when watching any TV.
I have to constantly mute the ads because they blare at a ridiculously louder volume. I hope they can get this done, and alleviate us of this annoying marketing "trick"!
edit on 17-2-2011 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
just happened to me, my girlfriends asleep and the ads just come on really loud.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'd love to see this happen especially when the kids watch tv on ssaturday morning and the volume on the commercials wakes the baby up.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pearcester

And then you get the all too familiar - "Why is that TV SO loud?!!" I gave up trying to explain this to my Mom when she was here, that the adverts are louder. My Dad was the opposite, the louder the better for him

new topics

top topics

join