It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why you are NOT healthy.!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here is something that I found to be a little ironic and drives home the need for folks to really start to pay more attention to the lables of the food they purchase from grocery stores.

Just on a whim I checked the back of a bag of Splenda Brown Sugar Blend and compared it to a bag of 'regular' brown sugar. The amount of product vs. the sugar content is reported here just as they appear on the bags. The Splenda, for 1/2 teaspoon of product, has 2g sugars. The normal brown sugar has 4g of sugar in 1 whole teaspoon.. they have the exact same grams of sugar in them, the normal brown sugar has less chemicals in it.....not to mention the normal brown sugar was $1.19 per bag and the Splenda was $3.64 per bag.

Can I tell you just how ticked I was once I realized this????

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I can't stress enough why it is so important to read labels.. Good eye..
..You should avoid Splenda..Or any other aspartame products..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

You betcha. I've been diabetic for a long long time now. Was happy as a clam in mud when Equal came out.... then it was bad (deservedly so).... then it was Splenda, which to me was a Godsend..... until I started reading more about it. Now for me and my household its natural stuff...which for me as a diabetic means raw honey, agave nectar and stevia as sweeteners.

Wish I had paid attention sooner and found this thread when it started...... but I'm glad to have found it now. Glad you linked it in another thread.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The table could be really useful..

But I think the point it to live health, but live to long..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sid2011
The table could be really useful..

But I think the point it to live health, but live to long..

I'm sorry..Want to repeat that a little more clearly..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

I can't thank you enough for this thread! I have been wondering about all these things and you pretty much summed up everything I wanted to know in a quick, easy to read thread
S&F

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CoSMiC_ChAoS

Please don't take the op as gospel. There's a lot of misinformation and factually incorrect explanationsvin that post.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I'm Glad I could help!
And as always any questions feel free to ask either in the thread or through a pm.

EDIT: you may also enjoy my thread on Working out / Strength training..I have posted a lot of information in that thread as well.. Link to thread
edit on 15-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Please don't take the op as gospel. There's a lot of misinformation and factually incorrect explanationsvin that post.

Please point out my misinformation..If you see something wrong with anything I have said, Please..I encourage you to point it out..This is a thread for learning about health, And how to make more healthy decisions in life..So please post anything positive, That will be constructive to the thread..I will not flame you for your option..I welcome it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Look at the first page and you'll see my extensive factual rebuttal. Not opinion.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
AHA! yes I gave you a star for that!
Very good contribution to the thread..

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Over here in germany a can of tuna with oil is cheaper then a can with tuna in its own brine.

I wonder why that is as?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Then by all means start your own thread with all the "correct information"... I don't take the OP's word "as gospel" like you seem to think. There is tons of information on the web about this stuff, he just put most of the stuff I wanted to know in a quick and easy to read thread. Even if not all of it is true, it got the point across.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thank you for the thread! And its always nice to be encouraged to eat healthy and read the labels. And aspartame products are terrible, try avoid them, they cause more harm and are not natural. And for those who are lazy and comment on stuff that they are making a educated guess based on there video game knowledge, try some thinking and research this stuff on your own instead of getting other people to do your work.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I have. Feel free to dig around for them. I don't understand how a thread can be "great" when it's factually incorrect????

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I dont usually drink diet Soda but recently I have been and I was wondering if you take out diet soda from your diet then what is a good substitute without sugar but still carbonated which I love?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join