It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're All Brainwashed Idiots!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Greetings All,

I’d like to rant about propaganda; my apologies if I stuck this thread in the wrong forum...feel free to stick it somewhere else.

This is nothing new to many, but it might be new to some.

My position is that we are all brainwashed idiots behaving exactly as we’ve been programmed; spending our lives acting out false roles that don’t ever come close to reflecting our true beliefs or values, because we have no idea what they might be. Instead of living our own lives, we playback programming, mimicking Pavlovian propaganda which is all we’ve ever known.

The proof that you’re just a Sock Puppet is everywhere; propaganda is nothing new; it is old as sapience.

Like Shakespeare said, all the world’s a stage, but we aren’t players as much as we’re played. We’ve been played like Howdy Doody.

First, a definition:

pro•pa•gan•da
noun ˌprä-pə-ˈgan-də, ˌprō-

capitalized : a congregation of the Roman curia having jurisdiction over missionary territories and related institutions
: the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person
: ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause; also : a public action having such an effect
— pro•pa•gan•dist -dist noun or adjective
— pro•pa•gan•dis•tic -ˌgan-ˈdis-tik adjective
— pro•pa•gan•dis•ti•cal•ly -ti-k(ə-)lē adverb

www.merriam-webster.com...

We’re all propagandists in our own ways…I’m propagandizing you now, but I promise I’ll call you tomorrow.

Here’s my shtick:

No one can deny that every society has its dominant members, and few can argue that dominant members of society will use their elevated social positions to remain dominant. Who can deny the role propaganda would play in such an effort? Dominant members of society (DMS) have always used whatever medium was available at the time to get their messages out. Through printing presses or Television, they would do their best to generate: “ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause;”

This is the reasoning behind the time worn axiom “history is written by the victors. Who can deny that throughout history, the DMS have had more victories than the less dominant members of society (LDMS).

Identifying propaganda isn’t hard: …as with anything it’s important to ask “cui bono”?
www.rbs0.com...

The Bible and other religious texts are prime examples of ancient totalitarian propaganda benefiting an easily identifiable selection of DMS. It’s no news to anyone with a pulse that Religion in general is a very powerful propaganda tool effective for:
“: the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person”

How about Science? I know people who are religious fanatics about science; don’t even try to question certain dogmatic and unassailable facts: www.scribd.com...

“The Enlightenment” is an example of propaganda which elevates scientists to a DMS status. Who can deny the illustrious status scientists enjoy in today’s society? Scientists of today can easily be compared to priests of yesterday, both using available media to push their propaganda. What’s that you say; scientists don’t torture? I beg to differ: www.imdb.com...

Darwin’s theory as a subset of the Enlightenment is propaganda which benefits a selection of DMS too…namely those who were already in the most favorable positions for a world where “jungle rules” rule.

Was the printing press really a great achievement for mankind, or was it just a great achievement for DMS who then had more efficient media for their propaganda?

How about more recently? With the advent of mass media like Radio and Television, propagandists were able to reach vast audiences. Once it was deemed enough radios were distributed to the LDMS, the DMS needed to do a test of its effectiveness. I imagine they were delighted with the results.

How about Televison? Are these real events or just propaganda? Do theses memes benefit the LDMS or the DMS?
Nuclear Weapons
Apollo Missions

Because of evidence like Operation Mockingbird, I maintain all of history is a lie, that’s my propagandist message to you Sock Puppets

You’re all a bunch of brainwashed idiots and these people even said as much but you choose to ignore them:

Oscar Callaway

"In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interest, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press. … They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers. An agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of national and international nature considered vital to the interests of the purchasers."

Noam Chomsky
“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.”
" Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the (U.S.) media."

Napoleon Bonaparte

“History is a set of lies agreed upon.”

William Colby
“The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media.”

Edward Bernays (1891-1995) "Father" of modern public relations (PR) and director of the U.S. Committee on Public Information during World War I, on government propaganda; he was also notably Sigmund Freud’s cousin.
“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in Democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. Our minds are molded, our tastes are formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of.”

William Casey, CIA Director (from first staff meeting in 1981)
“We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”

One night, probably in 1880, John Swinton, then the preeminent New York journalist, was the guest of honour at a banquet given him by the leaders of his craft. Someone who knew neither the press nor Swinton offered a toast to the independent press. Swinton outraged his colleagues by replying:
"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.
"There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty_four hours my occupation would be gone.
"The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?
"We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."

(Source: Labor's Untold Story, by Richard O. Boyer and Herbert M. Morais, published by United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers of America, NY, 1955/1979.)

edit on Sat Feb 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: added ex tags

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
We are all brainwashed idiots...
We are all brainwashed idiots...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
if you think your a brainwashed idiot you are one. and I don't mean that in a mocking way, its like 'you are what you eat' only with what you take in as information.

this 'brainwashed idiot' over here has been looking for an empty space of land somewhere on this planet where those that seek power cannot reign their bs, sadly there is the antarctic, if that. whats your solution?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That was a damn good rant Yankee. The Sheeple believe what they see and read but don't realise that what they see and read is decided by those with huge agendas and always has been.

'The man with a new idea is a crank - until the idea succeeds' (Henry David Thoreau)

The guy who thought of using propaganda as a weapon against the masses can only be called a genius - it works everytime and is growing like a virus.

"One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution, one makes a revolution in order to establish a dictatorship" (George Orwell)

Yes this certainly is a life of Chaos we are living through and the dictator is gaining ground as we speak!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by madscientistintraining
if you think your a brainwashed idiot you are one. and I don't mean that in a mocking way, its like 'you are what you eat' only with what you take in as information.

this 'brainwashed idiot' over here has been looking for an empty space of land somewhere on this planet where those that seek power cannot reign their bs, sadly there is the antarctic, if that. whats your solution?

Sorry, they are at the antartic and have been for years. Amundsen-Scott Sout Pole Station
My friends and I are still looking though. I guess all the Bahama Islands are out of the question....
But as for brainwashing, this is sadly the facts. Take a journalism class and get use to disillusionment.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
speak for your self, ive taken mesures against brainwashing

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Yankee451

Well, in defence of my fellow ATSers- a majority of us are on this site because we refuse to be brainwashed. People seem to be realizing the fact that we are all being fed lies. Once you venture off the path of the MSM and actually search for information, you become enlightened and critical thinking becomes possible. I think the first step for many people would be to simply turn off the T.V.
These are the ones who disseminate propaganda to us, if anyone's interested.
www.freepress.net/ownership/chart/main
Otherwise Known as The Big Six

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by K13PT0

quote:speak for your self, ive taken mesures against brainwashing

wearing ur tin foil hat i assume?

edit on 17-2-2011 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by madscientistintraining

"Propaganda is king in America, and since Operation Mockingbird has been in place since the Forties, then each and every one of us needs to stop and examine our own beliefs and values. We are what we eat after all...and if everything we've been fed since birth is BS, well, do the math."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
While there are forces aout there trying to disinform us about everything, it is a massive task and I don't think they have the resources to complete it.

The mere existence of this website says "we don't buy what the man is selling".

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Nuclear weapons don't exist.

Do you buy that?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RainDog

Turning off the TV is step one. I even turned off the radio...it's amazing how clear the voices in my head are without all that static.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

No, but not because someone told me that nuclear weapons exist.

Many years ago I quit a job, partly because I realised the truth about what I was making and what it was being used for.

Even my dad didn't beleive me until I showed him the radiation warnings painted on a cruise missile mounted underneath an Australian Airforce 'plane (yes folks, Aussies have nukes
).
edit on 17/2/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

However it still bears all the hallmarks of propaganda.

With military compartmentalization and national security protocols you could have been building twinkies for all you know.

Part of the message being pumped into our heads is that the DMS have all the power. Priests and Shamans used to scare the people with stories of the after life, now they just use poorly faked news reels of "nuclear" (unclear) weapons, or they did several decades ago. Can't fake nukes and moon shots like the good ol' days. Perhaps this is why the government was all hot and bothered to help fund digital TV.

Fear is the point, not the weapons. We don't need no stinking twinkies, all we need are the pictures, and they're fake.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The big joke was that we saved the Uranium that was left over from mechanical testing in the metallurgical lab and it paid for the work christmas parties for the next three years (& they were good parties).

edit on 17/2/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by K13PT0

If you have any unassailable truths, you're probably a sock puppet.

Everything anyone's ever told you, everything you've ever read, every movie you've ever seen is all hearsay. Even your name is hearsay.

The only truth I know for certain, is that I can't be certain about anything.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I bet!

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm only pointing out that even the nuclear industry...especially the nuclear industry...is a perfect place for DMS to conduct their (assumed) social engineering schemes using their regularly updated and refined propaganda tools.

In this light is it more than coincidental that strides in video manipulation and special effects coincided with alleged strides in nuclear energy and space exploration? I think so, what I see is DMS messing with their cattle using the latest media, just like they have since before Spartacus. Imagine how much fun you could have with trillions of dollars at your disposal and all the time in the world, assuming you're a non-empathetic sociopath who hates sharing, of course.

"What?..I can make millions of people believe we have the power to blow up the world a hundred times over, and they'll dump untold TRILLIONS of dollars into my bank account to protect them from these mythological weapons? Cool! Let ME try! I bet I can make them believe we went to the moon!"

It's all propaganda; the big lie, over and over again.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Yankee451 because: typo

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
BRAVO!! Best rant I've read in a long time.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451

You're All Brainwashed Idiots!

I know you are but what am I?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Great read.

I liked Napoleon the best. Short and to the point.

Napoleon Bonaparte “History is a set of lies agreed upon.”

He who wins writes it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join