It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Row Over Synchronised Goldfish Magic Trick

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
Magnets?

Yes

Seriously?

Yes

That's your explanation?

Yes

Unless you do the experiment
(Get a magnet that a fish cannot see (so it wont think its food)and move it causing the fish to move with the magnet)
Then and post it here in video format I will say that is a stretch.

I don't own fish nor would I want to.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Agreed. But even the fish in the other video would of been trained by staving it from food. No trick, No food. Is that not cruel too.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Agreed. But even the fish in the other video would of been trained by staving it from food. No trick, No food. Is that not cruel too.

Goldfish are greedy and will go for food even when full, much like my dog.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
wow, it's painfully obvious they are being guided magnetically. just watch closely and you can see them speed up and slow down without so much as a flip of the tail.

to Shirak, dude....let it go. It's just a magic trick. Nobody has "real" magic you doofus.
edit on 2/17/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: wrong person

CMOS you should really read my post and look at the evidence I provided in video format. I never said this was majic so perhaps before attack my view point you should read that I said this is natural fish behavior.

I am definitely against animal cruelty, I even turned vego because of it. But the whole magnet argument while plausible has never had a shred of evidence posted to support it. Watch the video I posted and you will see fish will happily follow you around a tank as for the hand actions. Who are we to say what actions he has trained his fish to follow. So quick to criticize and look for smoke and mirrors you totally missed the natural explanation. "Sighs"
]
Fish likes beer
edit on 17-2-2011 by Shirak
edit on 17-2-2011 by Shirak because: To add video link to suport argument
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

That's great and all, but I really don't think fish could be trained to stay perfectly spaced out like in the video. The fish wouldn't reliably stay in that formation when his hands aren't over the water like they do in the video. It's just too perfect to be normal training.

Edit: Also, magnets. How do they work?
edit on 17-2-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
reply to post by Shirak

That's great and all, but I really don't think fish could be trained to stay perfectly spaced out like in the video. The fish wouldn't reliably stay in that formation when his hands aren't over the water like they do in the video. It's just too perfect to be normal training.

Edit: Also, magnets. How do they work?
edit on 17-2-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

I do agree it is a possibility however it is a hypothesis that is being treated as fact with no evidence evidence of magnets. It could be sound waves for all we know but we don't. I have seen schools of fish act naturally this way changing direction as a group perhaps the spacing is suspect but still the magnet argument is a guess at best with no real evidence to support it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

The fish dont learn by words and whistles. To say the Gold fish are just like dogs? Well it just goes to show how dumb your dog is. Dogs aint anything like goldfish. Unless your dog is STUPID :lol.
edit on 18-2-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)
And i own and train guide dogs. They are alot smarter then a fish

The only way the fish ( or pest) would follow a hand as it is the hand that feeds and starves them. My dogs follows me as they are smart and loving. Im sorry yours is stupid like a fish. You are spliting hairs if you think one fish stunt is worse than the other.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

The fish dont learn by words and whistles. To say the Gold fish are just like dogs? Well it just goes to show how dumb your dog is. Dogs aint anything like goldfish. Unless your dog is STUPID :lol.
And i own and train guide dogs. They are alot smarter then a fish

The only way the fish ( or pest) would follow a hand as it is the hand that feeds and starves them. My dogs follows me as they are smart and loving. Im sorry yours is stupid like a fish. You are spliting hairs if you think one fish stunt is worse than the other.

Lol meathed.
@ " Im sorry yours is stupid like a fish."

I only meant they are greedy with food like a Goldfish and will go for food even when full.

I thought my dog was either stupid or deaf for a while but I now know it's down to my poor training. He has selective hearing and refuses to acknowledge my commands, yet can hear the cheese wrapper being quietly opened from the being asleep across the far side of the house.

My previous dog was mostly German Shepard with something else thrown in and was the most obediant dog. I was strict with him whilst training and he picked up new skills in no time.

However my current dog is only a Spaniel type thing and is too funny to train. The faces he pulls has me in stitches and after many months of traiining, I can only get him to sit, give me his paw and come to me only when the treat bag is out or I have food.
Maybe he's the clever dog.

Having said that, in my defense, in his early years he was constantly at the vets with infected anal glands, a common problem with that breed, so he got pampered more due to him being ill alot.

edit on 18-2-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join