It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Protests and Web Bot "HOLE Incident" (edited for brevity)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

They all own part of this. Corporations and banks own about 90%, but unions got out of control with their demands. Government unions should be just plain illegal.

Why? Because the government let the banks run wild thus affecting workers rights?

No. It is called accountability. The people who caused this mess should suffer, not the worker trying to support their family.

What you are suggesting is that the elitist entities are not responsible or accountable for thier actions. Strange.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A bunch of fattened public union zombies have surrounded newly elected representatives who are cutting spending, because their days of suckling at the taxpayers dried up teats are coming to an end.

Taxpayers are feeling the pain of economic bubbles bursting. Property values and property taxes have dropped, jobs and income tax have dropped, the number of taxpayers is shrinking, but unions want to protect and increase the amount they drain from taxpayers.

This is the opposite of the Egyptian protests. They're hijacking the spirit of freedom and democracy and using it to promote the oppression of higher taxes and to promote ignoring the will of the people.
edit on 17-2-2011 by dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingdog

The fact that the Governor then overstepped again, threatening the use of the National Guard to break up the protests, just adds fuel to the fire.

It was my understanding that he threatened to use the Guard to fill positions in the case of a strike.
Like prison guards, for example.

I have been looking for the actual original quote, but the net is full of spin from all sides.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

The fact that the Governor then overstepped again, threatening the use of the National Guard to break up the protests, just adds fuel to the fire.

It was my understanding that he threatened to use the Guard to fill positions in the case of a strike.
Like prison guards, for example.

I have been looking for the actual original quote, but the net is full of spin from all sides.

What seems to be the case is that he made a deliberately vague statement. This could be either an attempt at a "veiled threat" or a very clear message that was later retracted in order to save face, though I suppose there's a chance he just has that foot-in-mouth syndrome we're supposed to believe affects so many of our elected officials.

His statement, however, was clear on one thing that still allows full validity to the presumption that he is was ready to and potentially will use the National Guard for policing duties - he explicitly stated that "they are prepared, just like they're prepared at any point, for responding to whatever the governor, their commander in chief, might call for".

I edited my blog post earlier today to clarify this as I did receive a few comments about this particular aspect being stated matter-of-factly (that they were readied to "quash protests"), but the point definitely still stands

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
IMHO I believe the webbot is pointing to the spread of unrest in the Middle East. Unrest will spread here as well as attempts to reign in the huge deficits that currently exist on both state and federal levels are met with protest by people who refuse to see the writing on the wall and an irresponsible president only concerned with getting himself reelected. Rampant inflation will cause panic.

The HOLE will come when the dollar, worth next to nothing, is finally replaced as the world's reserve currency and is no longer used to fund the oil trade.

Hold on your seats, we are in for a wild ride.
edit on 19-2-2011 by robyn because: math error

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by robyn
IMHO I believe the webbot is pointing to the spread of unrest in the Middle East. Unrest will spread here as well as attempts to reign in the huge deficits that currently exist on both state and federal levels are met with protest by people who refuse to see the writing on the wall and an irresponsible president only concerned with getting himself reelected. Rampant inflation will cause panic.

The HOLE will come when the dollar, worth next to nothing, is finally replaced as the world's reserve currency and is no longer used to fund the oil trade.

Hold on your seats, we are in for a wild ride.
edit on 19-2-2011 by robyn because: math error

the bots are definitely pointing at riots - the key to deciphering the "hole" incident seems to be this portion specifically:
The HOLE incident will act as a [spark] ... that is indicated to [start a riot] in an [urban area (north of DC)] that will itself [spread like fire].

The fact that this thing has spread to surrounding state capitals says a lot...thankfully there's no "armed insurrection" as of yet, but the report didn't say it would actually start with such, just that violence and whatnot would be a part of this whole ordeal.

Surprised this thread hasn't received more feedback. 2 pages isn't bad for a first thread though, so I'm happy

edit on 2/20/2011 by flyingdog because: math errors too

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Thanks for finding that, that cleared up a lot for me.

It doesn't seem to me that he threatened to use the Guard at all.

The question from the reporter was:
"You talk about this contingency you have, are you talking about the National Guard? Are they on alert?"

His is that, in state government there is a contingency for everything, in place since before he was elected...

Later, he specifically says they are not called up, but that the Guard is ready, as always, for anything that may come up.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus
Why are we comparing Wisconsin protesters to the Egyptian protesters?

In Egypt, the people who are protesting are hungry, unemployed, and severely oppressed by a brutal regime.

In Wisconsin, the people who are protesting are government workers with cushy jobs, have paychecks that are higher than comparable private sector workers, and are not experiencing the high layoffs that normal citizens are experiencing.

People complaining about collective bargaining? Please. Its too bad government jobs can't be shipped to China so they would really have something to cry about.

The Wisconsin crybabies don't know anything about hardship or cutting back, unlike many workers who have lost their jobs in the private sector. What is worse is the the Wisconsin crybabies are comparing themselves to the Egyptian people who really have nothing except a really good reason to take to the streets.

I work in the private sector but support their protests because of the principal.
You should also ask yourself why our wages in the private sector have been stagnating or dropping, while in actuality, the government workers have been getting cost of living increases which is where the private sector should be if not for the Banksters + CEO-Shareholder parasites.

Were going the wrong direction if they take a paycut. We should be finding ways to increase everyones wages, since the top 1% already own the majority.

But of course, thats not what the elite want, in order to equalize our standard of living with the rest of the world.
where were nothing more than their slaves as they call the shots.
edit on 20-2-2011 by jacobe001 because: addition

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I live in Wisconsin and have been following events here closely. I have heard rumors of plans for what the next steps might be from both sides. I will not go into detail because they are rumors and I know few details but I am sure that if this bill passes or fails it will not be the end of it.

You can be sure that people, again from both sides, have met and talked over the possibilities and discussed their next move, and the consequences could be huge.

This event has captured people attention and I think has the potential of being an event that changes things in a major way.

S&F for connecting it to the webbot.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
wonder if this is the "beginning"

celente has been saying for awhile this type of thing will happen and will also increase around the u.s

top topics

<< 1   >>

join