It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin democrats get on bus; flee the state!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Good for them. Hopefully the good citizens, public sector and private, take the time to shut the state dwon until this corporatist relents. His plan is purely cynical and an unabashed attempt the union bust (playing favorites too, since those public unions that supported him get a pass). He is the one that created the deficit; they had a surplus just a few months back when he took office.
Gotta link on that??????

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Forget it I found that same story on a "progressive" site."which means its spun so hard the colors are flying off on my monitor onto my shoes.

edit on 17-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
reply to post by 46ACE

Forget it I found that same story on a "progressive" site."which means its spun so hard the colors are flying off on my monitor onto my shoes.

Gov. Walker IS picking and choosing which unions to bust. So what did you see in google other than that single progressive site that you think isn't being truthful?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Are you kidding me? This is them with balls to stop this draconian play of union busting and the erasure of pensions cold.
edit on 18-2-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Here is the story from the "Conservative Right Wing" site called yahoo news.

news.yahoo.com...

In addition to eliminating collective-bargaining rights, the legislation also would make public workers pay half the costs of their pensions and at least 12.6 percent of their health care coverage — increases Walker calls "modest" compared with those in the private sector.

Republican leaders said they expected Wisconsin residents would be pleased with the savings the bill would achieve — $30 million by July 1 and $300 million over the next two years to address a $3.6 billion budget shortfall.

Unions still could represent workers, but could not seek pay increases above those pegged to the Consumer Price Index unless approved by a public referendum. Unions also could not force employees to pay dues and would have to hold annual votes to stay organized.

In exchange for bearing more costs and losing bargaining leverage, public employees were promised no furloughs or layoffs. Walker has threatened to order layoffs of up to 6,000 state workers if the measure does not pass.

Oh man, THEY actually have to save their OWN money for retirement??? They have to pay 12% for their health insurance instead of the taxpayer picking up the whole damn tab??? Oh the unfairness!!

Cry leaches cry. We half of the country who have real jobs that require performance to stay employed already pay much much more than that and we are expected to pick up YOUR tab because.... because... your a GOVERNMENT employee??? Tough crap. Pay for your own retirement like the rest of us. How you think you deserve a lifetime pension for 20-30 years is beyond me. Join the rest of the constituents!

edit on 17-2-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This article said they left to block the bill. The headline says they fled in protest. A slightly different tone, but still hilarious.

Meanwhile state Democrats have left Wisconsin - where Republicans hold a 19-14 majority - in an attempt to block the bill by avoiding a midday vote. Though there are 19 Senate Republicans, a minimum of 20 is needed to vote on the issue.

Read more here...

edit on 2/17/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

These are pubic school teachers not leeches. I have friends and family that teach and they don't make a hell of a lot and put their lives into their jobs.

Why is it that every time a conservative turns around they are cheering about taking away some class of peoples rights?

You really think regular working class people are far too powerful when they stand together and bargain with management so they should legally be barred from doing so?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by candide

Well guy, a lifetime pension on the taxpayers dime (which is all the working people NOT employed by the government) is insane and unsustainable. Why must we get taxed more to pay pensions to people who do not work anymore? Why can they not have the same 401k's that the rest of us have? YOU know why as well as I do, when it comes to Government Employees, they do not want what the rest of us get, they want special treatment.

Bargain with management? The State isn't a company, Collective bargaining against who? What are they bargaining to get more from? The TAXPAYER is who or don't you get that. A "Government" Workers Union who's sole purpose is to gain additional taxpayer money for personal and union leadership benefits that are far beyond what the taxpayers receive themselves because almost no company can offer those benefits and still stay in business! Kind of like a mini-elite club, We Government Employees, You Serfs who fund us. We hungry, need more serf money for lifetime pensions and free health benefits for life.

So, you know, they can take a flying leap if they expect sympathy for the rest of us who fork over 40% or more of our income for federal, state, medicare, ss, local tax, healthcare ,property tax, registration fees, etc. and then we also contribute to our own 401k's for retirement.

They can as well. Time to join the rest of the workers in the nation and pick up YOUR share of the tab instead of taxing the crap out of us to fund YOUR retirement benefits for life because you are a"special class" "government employee".

So, leeches in that respect is the correct description.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

So does that go for military pensions as well? Fireman, police, etc. They are all leeches on society?

The thing about a 401k is that you need to contribute for most of your working life to get it up to a meaningful amount. Its more than just tough cookies to take away a benefit a person has been working their entire career for with the swipe of a pen. Stuff like that has to be phased in with a younger generation.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Fleeing Wisconsin lawmakers bring circus to Illinois resort
Democratic Senators who decamped to stall an anti-union bill briefly interrupt a chocolate festival, and a leprechaun, in Rockford, Ill.

www.latimes.com...

But I hear they kicked them out, because so many people were calling and asking to speak to their senators,

I love America.

edit on 112828p://bThursday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by candide

reply to post by 46ACE

Gov. Walker IS picking and choosing which unions to bust. So what did you see in google other than that single progressive site that you think isn't being truthful?

re: Numbers:
You see IIrc the last gov(doyle) raided the ("highway funds locked box) to get His numbers to balance So there's luittle white lies;damn lies and "statistics". Sorry IMHO; once politics is introduced government accounting is no longer the hard mathematical science its should be .

okay I',willing to admit I learned more about the reportedly actual numbers involved in the issue; I guess Things; as usual, are not so black and white. I will not however even approach the idea these scurrying cockroaches are somehow "heros of the people"...

But you would have to admit: this ("Amigos I have the answer: "ROAD TRIP"!!!!run for the border"!) is some funny "zheit" you... just...couldn't.... make up on your own..

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by candide

Out of my entire post that is all you got out of it? You don't see the irony there?

Unfortunately, nobody is truly restructuring the pensions or converting yet. This is about paying 12% of the cost of their health insurance plan and not getting pay raises without a State vote... oh the horror. And the Government workers actually get to VOTE every year on if they want to keep their corrupt union or not.... guess we cannot have that can we?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

Everything you asked for a link for is demonstrably true and yet, instead of attempting to even remotely argue the FACTS, you instead hit google and dispute YOUR OWN RESEARCH.
Is this really the depth of political discourse now? You google something, find a source you do not like, then bash your own source, all while ignoring the FACTS? Interesting technique.

link   
They are doing exactly what the Democrats in Wisconsin want them to do. If they are gone, they can't pass the bill, they will return when the republicans actually listen to the demands of the people. I live in Madison, right in the middle of all of this. I live where these people are protesting, they aren't protesting because of the money, they are protesting because this bill is seriously screwing with their rights. These democrats are not cowards, they are standing up for what they believe in. They are showing a backbone, and doing everything they can to not allow this bill to pass.

link   
Stuck inside these four walls
Sent inside forever
Never seeing no one nice again like you
Mama you, mama you

If I ever get out of here
Thought of giving it all away
To a registered charity
All I need is a pint a day
If I ever get out of here
If we ever get out of here

Well, the rain exploded with a mighty crash
As we fell into the sun
And the first one said to the second one there
I hope, you're having fun, run

Dems. on the run
Dems. on the run
And the jailer man and Sailor Sam
Were searching every one

For the Dems on the run
For the Dems. on the run
Dems. on the run
Dems. on the run

Well, the undertaker drew a heavy sigh
Seeing no one else had come
And a bell was ringing in the village square

For the rabbits on the run

Dems. on the run
Dems. on the run
And the jailer man and Sailor Sam
Were searching every one

For the Dems. on the run
Dems. on the run
Dems. on the run
Dems. on the run

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Oh hell yea, its pure comedy. The reporters chased a freakin leprechaun

Those legislators are political animals and probably have some serious fear of the backlash if they don't go along with the local sentiment. The demonstrations there are huge and have been going on for days.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

Bull, they are running from their elected duties of voting on the bill. Could the Republicans have simply left congress when "Healthcare" was voted on? No. And they serve the people of Wisconsin not the Democrats of Wisconsin.

Their job as elected representatives is not to run away to prevent a vote. If they don't have enough votes to get what they want.. guess what, they DON'T get what they want! Hell, every time a partisan bill comes through Government do you want one side or the other to freeking run away? It is ridiculous. The people of Wisconsin voted for their state government and if they truly anger the people they will be voted out next election and the new government can make changes. That is the way it is done. You can't just run away from your duties because your going to loose the vote on a bill.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Wisconsin democrats get on bus; flee the state!

Cool, this is a good start - if we could encourage them to gather thier supporters and the assholes from the other Democratic mismanged states and the Democrats in Washington (including Barry and his band of thieves) and head for the border to never come back it would be a great day.

Perahps they can set up a beneveolent welfare state in Mexico; if they will let them all in of course.

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Wow now there's a surprise! The Democratic People's Republic of Financial Mismangement itself! Illinois...home of..well you know.
edit on 17/2/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

The Democratic People's Republic of Financial Mismangement itself! Illinois...home of..well you know.

aint that the truth?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join