It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: What Game Release Are You Most Excited For?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Waiting for the release date of a game is painful and psychologically traumatizing for a gamer.

Post up the games you are most excited for, will prebuy the collector's edition, and wait outside for a midnight release.

I'm dying to play:

Diablo 3 (Damn you Blizzard for making us wait as long as we have *shakes fist*)
Mass Effect 3 (Um... the previous 2 games have caused major dips in my GPA, this one won't be any different)

What about you ATSers? What game releases are driving you up the wall?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Well can't say there are any on my list as Dead Space 2 has just come out...I don't think this was anymore gory than some much older shooters revolving around aliens/monsters...I think they hyped the crap out of it by now that I think about it Crysis 2 looks like something I would plunk some money down on...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

11-11-11

Originally posted by Dendro

Diablo 3 (Damn you Blizzard for making us wait as long as we have *shakes fist*)

Lol... They've delayed it for 3+ years...
edit on 17-2-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

DIABLO 3!!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT TO PLAY THAT GAME!!!!...that is if blizzard stops teasing the s#!+ out of everybody and gives us a damn release date
Alo Crysis 2, the multiplayer mode looks like halo and call of duty mixed together. It will probablly be one of the best shooters of the year no doubt

edit on 17-2-2011 by Artorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Diablo 3.
Skyrim.

The only ones i REALLY want to play.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Gears of War 3!

I still cant believe they pushed the release date back 8 months. Heartbroken.

link   
excelent question....

fallout online >=D nuff said.

I was looking forward to final fantasy 14 until I realised they will charge just like wow and every other mmo. I don't play games that require monthly payment end of story.
edit on 17-2-2011 by madscientistintraining because: (no reason given)

the next installment of assassins creed is obviously at the top of my list, as some may have figured by my avatar xD
edit on 17-2-2011 by madscientistintraining because: more, doesn't need a second post imo..

link   
reply to post by Dendro

id have to say Diablo 3 is the one im waiting for the most

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
NASCAR 2011 & EverQuest for the PS3

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Oh...

My...

Gawd...

I think I'm going to pull a Cartman and find a way to cryogenic freeze myself.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Only one game worth mentioning is Gears of Wars 3

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by madscientistintraining
fallout online >=D nuff said.

I was looking forward to final fantasy 14 until I realised they will charge just like wow and every other mmo. I don't play games that require monthly payment end of story.

it'll be another 80 years before bethesda decides to allow fallout online to be made. as for final fantasy 14, good thing you didn't buy it because it was so awful sitting in a tub full of broken glass would have been much more fun.

skyrim, mostly, if we're talking loooooong term. dead money comes out in a few days, so i'm stoked for that too. the old republic and rift look nice, so i might get in on that. if we make it that long, that is. i'm also excited to see how they sneak in "nerevarine" references into skyrim, for some reason.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
LA Noire. cant wait!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Mass Effect 3 will be great. Skyrim, can't wait, I take my dear time with Elder Scrolls games. I have the Game of the Year edition of Oblivion (all add on's) and I'm at 300+ plus hours with still a lot left to do. Hopefully this one will be huge as well.

I'm also looking forward to the new Dues Ex,
L.A. Noire (just about anything Rockstar makes is Epic),
Dragon Age II,
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine (if done right, hopefully it will be, this one is going to avoid the RTS and go RPG)
Rage (this is the game Borderlands copied, it was just released first, love the FPS apocalyptic games, and its made by Bethesda)

There's also a slew of new titles being released this year but I usually don't fall for hype. So I'll have to make up my opinion once I play them. I think this may be the best year yet for gaming if all these new titles turn out to be worthy games. Lot's of new ideas in the works, we'll just have to wait and see, but none the less we'll remain busy giving them a good trial.

Personally, I like to see the FPS genre take a dip to RPG. RPG's are getting more and more creative as time goes on thus gaining a lot more popularity. There's a lot of different things that can be done within this genre. I'd like to see a lot more from this genre. FPS is being done to death.

edit on 17-2-2011 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Can't wait for The Old Republic to come out!!

That's the new Star Wars MMO for those of you who haven't heard of it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
wow I'm surprised noones said homefront yet. And 80 year for fallout online!? Better be a great game. I'm already for fallout 4

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Batman Arkham City! .... I am really really really really looking forward to this Baby!

Half Life 3/episode 3 ... I just love the Half Life games, not much else to say!

Assassins Creed 3 ... Just Brilliant! great games and even better story!

Oblivion Skyrim .... Obviously

.... Oh and Duke Nukem Forever!
edit on 17-2-2011 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Mass Effect 3!

Can't wait to play that game.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Before yesterday I had never heard of Dead Island, and now it is the only game I'm truly stoked for this year minus SW:TOR

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Awolscout

Holy Crap, that looks traumatizing AND amazing. What's the release date for that one?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join